EKWB Reservoir turning white

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
1 hour ago, Regix said:

-SNIP-

If you are running opaque fluid that fluid has fallen out of complete suspension, the nano-particles have probably settled in your rads and blocks. As for the res unit that may be some kind of frothing that's occurring or something has stuck to the sides of it. 

Your best option at this point it to do a complete teardown and cleaning of the loop. 

Hello LTT Community, 

I've just noticed that my reservoir on my EKWB pump has started to turn a white color around the inside of the glass inside the reservoir. I’m worried that something may be wrong with it.

I’ve moved my case to a different room recently, but I don’t think this would affect the reservoir.

My CPU runs at 37 C on idle and runs around 65 - 70 C on full load, maybe the heat is causing it to lose its color? I don’t think this is the issue because when I look inside the reservoir, the liquid is still colored purple, or so I believe because the color inside the tubing is still purple.

The loop I have cools my CPU which runs at 37C - 70C and my GPU which runs at 32C - 45C depending on the load.

EKWB Components:

Liquid – EK-Cryofuel Solid (Electric Purple)

Tubing – EK-HD Acrylic Tube

Radiator – EK-CoolStream SE 360 (Slim Triple)

Pump – EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM (included. sl. Pump)

CPU – EK-Supremacy EVO – Acetal+Nickel (Water Block)

The liquid is still purple because it shows it in the tubing.

I'm using clear tubing.

I don't think it's foam because foam would be sitting at there very top and there doesn't seem to be any thing at the top. (Just around the sides)

208844362_IMG_62734979.thumb.jpg.e7e306f0c1be49135d1d9dfb7ff92fae.jpg

If it was losing colour, all your liquid would be, or it would be distributed more evenly at least. 

Can you check the top of the liquid in the res? If it's just the inside of the glass that part should still be purple. 

Might be a bunch of micro-bubbles though?

I've read up on micro bubbles and I don't think that's the issue. When I shake my case the liquid moves behind the thin white layer around the inside of the reservoir.

Almost as if something is growing around the sides..

1 hour ago, Regix said:

-SNIP-

If you are running opaque fluid that fluid has fallen out of complete suspension, the nano-particles have probably settled in your rads and blocks. As for the res unit that may be some kind of frothing that's occurring or something has stuck to the sides of it. 

Your best option at this point it to do a complete teardown and cleaning of the loop. 

I'm going to clean the loop out tonight and watch my system closely for issues.

I will post updates on the current status here.

Dunno whats causing your issue but my EK fans are making clicking noises and my 2nd cpu waterblock has gone from nickel to copper. not buing anything from them in the future cos they've gone back to old tricks.

2 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

Dunno whats causing your issue but my EK fans are making clicking noises and my 2nd cpu waterblock has gone from nickel to copper. not buing anything from them in the future cos they've gone back to old tricks.

As in the nickel has corroded, that should be under their warranty if it has prematurely failed and is not due to improper setup of care. I've seen and experienced copper plating onto nickel components just due to the nature of the fluid getting saturated with copper ions but this is only in very specific cases. 

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

As in the nickel has corroded, that should be under their warranty if it has prematurely failed and is not due to improper setup of care. I've seen and experienced copper plating onto nickel components just due to the nature of the fluid getting saturated with copper ions but this is only in very specific cases. 

I've asked in the past to get them replaced and they just hit me with BS so i'm done buying their stuff now, 2 blocks have failed, and my 3 vardar 140mm fans sound like skeletons unleashing sexual tension into metal buckets. I'm done. I even went on their site to ask about replacing the fans and its been a month and no reply. EK aren't what they used to be anymore. I do not recommend them.

I repaired my loop.

I hope this lasts more then 3-4 months.

IMG_6284[5027].jpg