Macbook with water damage

I have a model A1502 MacBook Pro that has experienced some water damage. I have cleaned areas of corrosion and look over a lot of the other components. I should mention that I cleaned it with cotton swabs and isopropyl alcohol and let dry for a full day outside the enclosure. The first time I tested the system I was able to boot it enter the password and view saved documents and the lot. It was a functional mac book. It worked when I unplugged it form wall power and when it was attached to wall power. However after having it run for 5 mins the back light on the keyboard began to flicker the screen cut out and back it i was able to power it down thought the menus. The keyboard, track pad, back light, audio jack, speakers and storage all worked. What component failure could cause this??

2 minutes ago, coinathan said:

What could be causing this??

Well, probably the water damage....

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You were too impatient and didn't let it dry out, that is what caused it. Next time unplug the battery and wait for a week before trying to boot.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

You still have liquid in there.

It's not a race to the bottom.

2 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

You were too impatient and didn't let it dry out, that is what caused it. Next time unplug the battery and wait for a week before trying to boot.

I waited a day for the isopropyl alcohol to dry I didn't touch the laptop for days after the water was spilled on it.

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

Well, probably the water damage....

What component failure could cause this?? better??

It is hard to say for sure, check that the cable connecting the display is completely dry and is securely in. Isopropyl alcohol is non conductive and typically evaporates very quickly so that should not be the issue, it is most likely some water or corrosion from the water still in there. A tear-down from ifixit will probably be of best help in this case

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

On 3/4/2019 at 8:20 PM, AdvancedMicroDisapointment said:

It is hard to say for sure, check that the cable connecting the display is completely dry and is securely in. Isopropyl alcohol is non conductive and typically evaporates very quickly so that should not be the issue, it is most likely some water or corrosion from the water still in there. A tear-down from ifixit will probably be of best help in this case

Thanks for the help. I did use a guide from ifixit to take the logic board out and look I’ve it. The thing I find strange is that they flash a the same time.