Anthem on PS4 And Xbox causing hard crashes, reports of bricking

Sovek
21 hours ago, Sovek said:

Edit: Please dont roast me on the mis-information. I was going off Xbox repair vids, people have already corrected me.

No worries, everyone makes mistakes, but please edit the post to be accurate.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

I know this is off topic but I’m curious as to why you think this way. Would you prefer game creators waited until their game was 100% ready before releasing? Or release early so you can play and patch it as they go? Just curious is all as I work in software development and the industry trend is to release as early as possible and adjust as you go.

the issue isn't that the game is launched like 95% complete with some work to be added....... this was a game in the works for SIX YEARS. Ubisoft seems to have been developing The Division for about 4 years before initial release, and while it wasn't finished and was lacking content (*cough* Anthem) it at least didn't crash and keep locking up peoples gaming rigs, consoles or otherwise. 

Back before the internet was really a thing, heck, even after it was, games launched finished and then they went and did other projects, sometimes you would get expansion packs (now DLC). Now they launch beta versions of games as the complete game and then add on content as DLC or a sequel that should have been in the final game (Destiny....) .

9 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

I know this is off topic but I’m curious as to why you think this way. Would you prefer game creators waited until their game was 100% ready before releasing?

Uhm... yeah. Of course they should do this. The fact that any consumer is willing to put up with the state of the games industry these days is actually horrible (myself included in that).

In the "olden days", we didn't have day one patches and the like, because internet was shit. If a game released with game breaking bugs, that game tanked and failed financially and usually never recovered.

Yes, we still had patches, but a game might get 2-3 patches over the lifetime of the game, not 2-3 patches during release week. And those patches usually addressed the minor amount of bugs discovered, or more likely, gameplay/balance tweaks.

9 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

Or release early so you can play and patch it as they go? Just curious is all as I work in software development and the industry trend is to release as early as possible and adjust as you go.

Early Access is also an acceptable development metric, though the game needs to be more or less bug free and complete before "full release". The main problem with early access is the trend of having to pay for it. You're basically paying to test their game. While sometimes that's awesome and fun, on the other hand, game devs used to actually pay people full time salaries to test games (you didn't make a lot of money by any means, but you could make a job out of it).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Yes, we still had patches, but a game might get 2-3 patches over the lifetime of the game, not 2-3 patches during release week. And those patches usually addressed the minor amount of bugs discovered, or more likely, gameplay/balance tweaks.

Three words: Gran Turismo 2

Rushed to hell, to the point where the game is less buggy if you bought the European release compared to any Japanese or American version. Thanks for rushing Polyphony Digital on a game that wasn't exactly ready for prime-time, Sony.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

6 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Three words: Gran Turismo 2

Rushed to hell, to the point where the game is less buggy if you bought the European release compared to any Japanese or American version. Thanks for rushing Polyphony Digital on a game that wasn't exactly ready for prime-time, Sony.

Indeed and I bet game sales suffered because of it. That was also a PS1 game - did PS1 even allow patching?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

Indeed and I bet game sales suffered because of it. That was also a PS1 game - did PS1 even allow patching?

It still sold... well. I wanna say it was one of the best selling PS1 games.

What ended up happening, at least here in America, was that SCEA basically recalled the original release of the game. You could send that copy in (I think all you had to do was pay for shipping) for an updated version which changed a number of things (if you've ever noticed that the US release had two different mixes of the intro, that's why) and fixed a major issue that could fuck up garage data and eventually save data. The third version updated some things a bit more and that version is most likely to be found as the Greatest Hits release.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

It still sold... well. I wanna say it was one of the best selling PS1 games.

What ended up happening, at least here in America, was that SCEA basically recalled the original release of the game. You could send that copy in (I think all you had to do was pay for shipping) for an updated version which changed a number of things (if you've ever noticed that the US release had two different mixes of the intro, that's why) and fixed a major issue that could fuck up garage data and eventually save data. The third version updated some things a bit more and that version is most likely to be found as the Greatest Hits release.

So, they at least did what they should have, and fixed the release to any who wanted to go through the hassle.

11 hours ago, williamcll said:

I hope you have a consistent income, fast and unrestricted internet.

I was bashing it :P not suporting lol.

kinda saying "this is what you get with games as a service, unfinished, buggy 'games"

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

12 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

I know this is off topic but I’m curious as to why you think this way. Would you prefer game creators waited until their game was 100% ready before releasing? Or release early so you can play and patch it as they go? Just curious is all as I work in software development and the industry trend is to release as early as possible and adjust as you go.

I want games to be God of War. Finished on release, no microtransactions, no DLC, and the only updates afterwards are bug fixes or adding new game +. Making me pay $60 for a game that isn't finished then updating later may as well be an early access Steam title, and we all know those never get finished

4 minutes ago, Eaglerino said:

Making me pay $60 for a game that isn't finished then updating later may as well be an early access Steam title, and we all know those never get finished

Kerbal Space Program and Subnautica would like a word with you. 

29 minutes ago, Sovek said:

Let's be honest though - those are special games. Subnautica, in particular, is the poster child for Early Access development.

On 3/4/2019 at 4:10 PM, Stefan Payne said:

Hä?!
What the heck are you talking about?!
You can download the "fresh installation" file from the Sony website.

So yeah, you're wrong here?!

Well actually there is a built in safe mode.....

56 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Well actually there is a built in safe mode.....

True, that is also something to mention that it is the case for all console and they IIRC have a "Check/Repair Filesystem" Thingy there as well.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, Sovek said:

so you've got two?

I just came here for the EA hate.  It keeps me warm here in 10degF Indiana.

Wondering why this is so... 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

On 3/4/2019 at 6:03 PM, poochyena said:

consoles just work

"consoles used to just work"      ...fixed it for ya ?

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

Just now, EarthWormJM2 said:

"consoles used to just work"      ...fixed it for ya ?

I'm certain there was an implied /s in his post.

Though to be fair, consoles are still a lot simpler than PC gaming. Yes you've got to install the game (though installation is very simple, pretty much just hit the "download" or "install" button and that's it). But you don't have to mess with drivers, etc.

I'm a fan of gaming. I love PC gaming. But I also appreciate consoles for what they are. There's value there, and I don't begrudge anyone who chooses to console game instead of PC game. All I care is that they are passionate enough to Game at all.

In this case? Goddamn shitty Devs, is the problem.

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I'm certain there was an implied /s in his post.

Oh i'm sure, I meant to add /s as well, lol, oops?

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

Just now, EarthWormJM2 said:

Oh i'm sure, I meant to add /s as well, lol, oops?

No worries :P

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

But you don't have to mess with drivers, etc. 

Its extremely rare you have to mess with drivers or anything. Only thing more than just pressing install would be messing with settings, which can be annoying in an AAA game with a huge amount of settings, but that isn't really a bad thing necessarily, and thats only for AAA games since a lot of games either run on just about anything or only have a few options needed to adjust.

I've only had one issue recently (read in YEARS) where I had to mess with the drivers and the up to date ones did not work and had to roll back a bit, and that was a re-make of Hyperdimension Neptunia 1 where the Radeon drivers did not render the game correctly. The Nvidia drivers worked flawlessly but for Team Red it just didn't work. This was like a year or more back so probably fixed.