Michael Cohen got is going to prison for lying to congress, what are your thoughts?

The Friendly Elite

So Micheal Cohen is going to prison for lying to congress. just wanted to hear other people's opinion on this.

debating is fine just no personal attacks please.

other than that, lets talk

(Insert edgy teen quote here)

Cohen was sentenced back in December due to him admitting to have lied to Congress. He's likely already in prison.

The current hearing are held as a part of his plea deal.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I've always been rather divided about Congressional hearings in the general case.

In this specific case, I don't see how his testimony can ever mean anything. The guy is going to jail for lying to congress, so they're going to drag him in front of congress a second time and believe what he says?

What possible incentive could he have to tell the truth the second time? No matter what he does he still goes to prison... So, Cohen is going to say (already said) whatever curries the favor of the people who are willing to help him out the most, whoever those people may be.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

I think that this thread is likely going to be closed due to being flame bait.

You simply cannot have a polite discourse when politic is involved.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Even Cohen doesn’t know why trump is hiding his tax returns lmaooo, he was supposedly “under audit” but never gave Cohen and proof of that. He’s done lots of bribery which should already start a investigation to impeach him. I’m not against trump, I very much like some of the things he’s done but idk he’s fucked up one too many times

4 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

I've always been rather divided about Congressional hearings in the general case.

In this specific case, I don't see how his testimony can ever mean anything. The guy is going to jail for lying to congress, so they're going to drag him in front of congress a second time and believe what he says?

What possible incentive could he have to tell the truth the second time? No matter what he does he still goes to prison... So, Cohen is going to say (already said) whatever curries the favor of the people who are willing to help him out the most, whoever those people may be.

Well, there's certain things to consider.

1. If he cooperates for real this time, I guarantee his sentence will be massively reduced - though he's still going to jail.

2. It's entirely probable that there is evidence corroborating his testimony. Mueller has said as much, indirectly.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I no longer follow politics, so I don't have an opinion on the matter. I just hope the right thing was done, regardless of what "side" he's on.

Though I do wonder where he'll go to jail. Like, is there a "nicer" jail that people like him go to? Ya know, where you're less likely to be ass pounded by a guy with gang tattoos and drug, murder, etc charges?

10 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

I no longer follow politics, so I don't have an opinion on the matter. I just hope the right thing was done, regardless of what "side" he's on.

Though I do wonder where he'll go to jail. Like, is there a "nicer" jail that people like him go to? Ya know, where you're less likely to be ass pounded by a guy with gang tattoos and drug, murder, etc charges?

Yes and no - he'll likely go into a minimum security prison, filled mostly with people doing petty non-violent crimes, and white collar crimes.

The rapists and murderers wouldn't be in the same prison as him.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I think this thread deserves a lock.

No trolling or flame-bait.

• This includes topics such as AMD vs NVIDIA, "company X sucks", and political or religious debates.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!