PSVITA 2019

Triventular

not sure where to post this but here it is

My friend is selling his psvita (the older one with the OLED display) for so cheap and i want to get it. It comes with the cable, a memory card (not sure on the size), and Project Diva X (i honestly like this game). my question is what other games would people recommend for it and what are the other things i can do with jailbreaking/hacking the psvita?

yeah... you should do that in classifieds

read the guidelines in the subforum first

edit: nevermind, i need another coffee

there aren't that many games for psv for my experience

Edited by LukeSavenije

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

yeah... you should do that in classifieds

read the guidelines in the subforum first

edit: nevermind, i need another coffee

there aren't that many games for psv for my experience

yea i heard production for new vitas will stop for this year or it stopped sometime last year? its kind of hard to pass the offer up cuz my friend is really selling it for cheap. guess i'll have to look deeper on the internet for this one

2 minutes ago, Triventular said:

yea i heard production for new vitas will stop for this year or it stopped sometime last year? its kind of hard to pass the offer up cuz my friend is really selling it for cheap. guess i'll have to look deeper on the internet for this one

i actually have the v2, so i can know

keep in mind they use some weird kind of sd card

5 hours ago, Triventular said:

my question is what other games would people recommend for it 

Depends on what you like.

Do you like JRPGs?

Do you like TRPGS??

What kind of games do you want to play?

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

It's pretty hard not to recommend the Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 remaster and the FFX/X2 remaster. Peace Walker is pretty fun to play as well, even though it is a PSP title but you can transfer data between it and the remaster on the PS3. So you can grind it out while on the road. Freedom Wars and Akiba's Trip are really fun to play on the Vita. I also HIGHLY recommend checking out he Danganronpa series. All three main entries are available on the Vita, as well as the incredibly good spinoff Ultra Despair Girls.

I'd check out the Killzone game as well. I'm not a big Killzone fan but the game is worth playing just to see how capable the Vita really is. Considering when the handheld game out, the game is technically quite impressive from a visual standpoint.

Oh, and of course, you can't forget the Project Diva series, the series which was a system seller for both the PSP and Vita for me personally.

monster hunter freedom unite is a psp game ported to vita via the network, one of my favorite games of all time. Other than that the jak and daxter collection is a solid pick up

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

It's probably best to think of the Vita as a combination PS1/PSP/Vita since it can play digital copies of the two older systems. I think the best predictor of whether or not one will enjoy the Vita is whether they like Japanese games. If you're into Japanese games you have

Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PS1)

The Persona series:

• Shin Megami Tensei Persona (PSP)
  • Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP)
  • Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1)
  • Persona 3 Portable (PSP)
  • Persona 4 Golden (Vita)

The Vanillaware beat 'em ups:

• Muramasa Rebirth (Vita)
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (Vita)
  • Dragons Crown (Vita)
  • Princess Crown (PSP) [only available in Japanese I think]

The Final Fantasy series:

• Final Fantasy I-III, V, VII-IX (PS1)
  • Final Fantasy IV, VI (PSP)
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 (Vita)
  • Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP)

The Suikoden series:

• Suikoden I & II (PS1)

The Crono series:

• Crono Trigger (PS1)
  • Crono Cross (PS1)

The Breath of Fire series

• Breath of Fire III & IV (PS1)

Then you have the Danganronpa, Disgaea, and Atelier series if you're into those (I don't really know any of them well though). It's overall a pretty cool system if you're into Japanese games and as long as the OLED screen is in good shape it's really impressive.

It also has a lot of cool indie style games like Child of Light, Fez, Guacamelee, Velocity 2X, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Shovel Knight, Shantae: Half Genie Hero, Undertale, and many others. Though I can't believe Braid never came out on Vita.

Here's a good overview of the Vita if you're interested. Especially since Kelsey is a big Japanese game fan while MetalJesusRocks is more into western games.

i didnt expect this to blow up like this haha 

8 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

What kind of games do you want to play?

i mostly enjoy jrpgs and rhythm games. 

6 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

It's pretty hard not to recommend the Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 remaster and the FFX/X2 remaster. Peace Walker is pretty fun to play as well, even though it is a PSP title but you can transfer data between it and the remaster on the PS3. So you can grind it out while on the road. Freedom Wars and Akiba's Trip are really fun to play on the Vita. I also HIGHLY recommend checking out he Danganronpa series. All three main entries are available on the Vita, as well as the incredibly good spinoff Ultra Despair Girls.

I'd check out the Killzone game as well. I'm not a big Killzone fan but the game is worth playing just to see how capable the Vita really is. Considering when the handheld game out, the game is technically quite impressive from a visual standpoint.

Oh, and of course, you can't forget the Project Diva series, the series which was a system seller for both the PSP and Vita for me personally.

okay i'll try to keep my open for these games and i already plan buying all the project diva games for the vita. 

6 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Even if you don't care for some of the Vita exclusive games, lots of PSP and PS1 games are also available on the Vita through the PS Network.

just curious, i never owned any consoles beyond the ps2, how do i get games from the ps network? is it like their distribution service?

4 hours ago, thaginger said:

monster hunter freedom unite is a psp game ported to vita via the network, one of my favorite games of all time. Other than that the jak and daxter collection is a solid pick up

oh okay i might go look for that too.. i enjoyed playing mhfu with my friends before does it support local multiplayer?

1 hour ago, FmPhenom said:

Borderlands 2 and uncharted golden abyss are sweet!

i really cant see myself playing fps games but people say golden abyss is the best looking game for the vita and i already finished BL2 on pc.

22 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

It's probably best to think of the Vita as a combination PS1/PSP/Vita since it can play digital copies of the two older systems. I think the best predictor of whether or not one will enjoy the Vita is whether they like Japanese games. If you're into Japanese games you have

im kinda leaning to wanting more japanese games but i forgot that the vita was able to play all those games. I heard it could do some ps2 games or was it that those games were ported from the ps2?

4 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

It's a storefront like Steam.

oof.. i think i cant get much from it considering, im not sure how big the memory card the vita comes with and looking at how expensive the memory cards are.. i think im better off with physical copies of the games

56 minutes ago, Triventular said:

i mostly enjoy jrpgs and rhythm games. 

im kinda leaning to wanting more japanese games but i forgot that the vita was able to play all those games. I heard it could do some ps2 games or was it that those games were ported from the ps2?

If you're into rhythm games check the Persona Dancing series

There were quite a few PS2 games to get ports to the Vita. Such as God of War 1 & 2, some Sly Cooper games, I think Ratchet & Clank might have gotten a game or two also. Oh and the Metal Gear Solid games.

23 minutes ago, Triventular said:

oof.. i think i cant get much from it considering, im not sure how big the memory card the vita comes with and looking at how expensive the memory cards are.. i think im better off with physical copies of the games

You can only get PS1 and PSP games from the store unfortunately. PS1 and PSP games generally aren't that big though. So if you are relying mostly on physical games, you should be able to squeeze some games on.

My OLED 3G/WiFi default didn't come with a memory card. I just bought an 8GB card because it was cheap and all Wal-Mart had it in stock. When I bought my Vita though, there were PSP and Vita games included every month with PSN Plus so I was constantly getting new games and I had already had PS Plus for a good year or two so I had built up a collection of games. So with all that, despite me pretty much only buying physical games, that 8GB ran out FAST. I was shuffling games within the first month.

So it was pretty early on I just bit the bullet and bought the 64GB card. IIRC, it was around $90 USD. Looking on Amazon, I see they are still $90. I have never wanted for space with 64GB due to being a physical game guy and managing my games. I don't just install everything because I can lol. Personally, I would not recommend buying any less than 16GB and that is really the minimum but at $40, you might as well spend an extra $50 and get 4x the space. Just over double the money for quadruple the space.

Btw, I forgot to recommend The 3rd Birthday which is still a gorgeous PSP game IMO and quite fun. It is basically the 3rd game in the Parasite Eve series but technically not due to legal reasons lol. If you haven't played the first two games, they are both PS1 games and can be played on the Vita. I HIGHLY recommend checking them out. Parasite Eve is one of my all time favorite PS1 games and I recently just bought a digital copy so I can replay the game on my Vita.

1 minute ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

You can only get PS1 and PSP games from the store unfortunately. PS1 and PSP games generally aren't that big though. So if you are relying mostly on physical games, you should be able to squeeze some games on.

My OLED 3G/WiFi default didn't come with a memory card. I just bought an 8GB card because it was cheap and all Wal-Mart had it in stock. When I bought my Vita though, there were PSP and Vita games included every month with PSN Plus so I was constantly getting new games and I had already had PS Plus for a good year or two so I had built up a collection of games. So with all that, despite me pretty much only buying physical games, that 8GB ran out FAST. I was shuffling games within the first month.

So it was pretty early on I just bit the bullet and bought the 64GB card. IIRC, it was around $90 USD. Looking on Amazon, I see they are still $90. I have never wanted for space with 64GB due to being a physical game guy and managing my games. I don't just install everything because I can lol. Personally, I would not recommend buying any less than 16GB and that is really the minimum but at $40, you might as well spend an extra $50 and get 4x the space. Just over double the money for quadruple the space.

Btw, I forgot to recommend The 3rd Birthday which is still a gorgeous PSP game IMO and quite fun. It is basically the 3rd game in the Parasite Eve series but technically not due to legal reasons lol. If you haven't played the first two games, they are both PS1 games and can be played on the Vita. I HIGHLY recommend checking them out. Parasite Eve is one of my all time favorite PS1 games and I recently just bought a digital copy so I can replay the game on my Vita.

oh okay so its better to just buy a big memory stick. and i have played the third birthday but not for the reason of something what a high school guy would play it hahaha

57 minutes ago, Triventular said:

oh okay so its better to just buy a big memory stick. and i have played the third birthday but not for the reason of something what a high school guy would play it hahaha

In my opinion, yes.

And I didn't play 3rd birthday for that reason either. And I totally didn't try to see Aya in the shower.... okay, that last sentence was a lie. ?

1 minute ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

And I didn't play 3rd birthday for that reason either. And I totally didn't try to see Aya in the shower.... okay, that last sentence was a lie.

everyone who played and hasn't played the game know that one particular scene haha

You can put cfw on them if they're on 3.60 or lower, i think. I bought a psp for 15$ a couple weeks ago and i think it's super cool and i've found a ton of games i'll be playing for a while. I'd imagine the vita would be the same. If it has cfw you can pretty much emulate any consoles n64, ps1 and before, psp games will work too. I think DS emulators are starting to work well. If your interested in emulation. If not there's a bunch of good games on there. Watch that video SteveGrabowski0 posted by metal jesus rocks, that has some good games in it.

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm

On 2/28/2019 at 5:24 PM, Triventular said:

oh okay i might go look for that too.. i enjoyed playing mhfu with my friends before does it support local multiplayer?

yes it does, supports an adhock local connection

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.