Is there such thing as an official Windows Boot USB?

JimmyBuffet21

My friend, mentioned in a previous post, is having trouble booting windows onto his newly built computer. Just found out he bought an "official Boot USB" from windows on Amazon. Do these exist? I'm afraid he bought a fake...

After some research I couldn't find any, but if anyone has an opinion please share. 

Thanks,

Jack

Yes, its essentially same as what DVDs used to be. Its no different from what you create yourself, probably bit worse as USBs used are rather cheap quality (they heat up fast) and ISO used isn't the newest what you can get directly from the site.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ok that link is reassuring but from what Lo said has me worried, because he is getting error code 0xc000021a which apparently means there is corrupted boot files OR a problem with the installation. 

Is it possible to copy the files on that flash drive to another one to start elimination process?

16 hours ago, JimmyBuffet21 said:

Ok that link is reassuring but from what Lo said has me worried, because he is getting error code 0xc000021a which apparently means there is corrupted boot files OR a problem with the installation. 

Is it possible to copy the files on that flash drive to another one to start elimination process?

Not in a way that would be helpful. Better way is to download new ISO from Microsoft's site (or mirror site) and mount that to another USB.

Just to make sure, official install USBs are what these are:

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-English-Flash-Drive/dp/B075RM5BHV/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2T83ANE6FW4G4&amp;keywords=windows+10+usb&amp;qid=1550565064&amp;s=gateway&amp;sprefix=windows+10+us%2Caps%2C233&amp;sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-English-Flash-Drive/dp/B075PZ12B2/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2T83ANE6FW4G4&amp;keywords=windows+10+usb&amp;qid=1550565064&amp;s=gateway&amp;sprefix=windows+10+us%2Caps%2C233&amp;sr=8-5

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv