Scariest thing you have ever done?

Osmium

So a few days ago I saw a thread titled "Scariest thing you've ever done...". So I clicked on it and realized the full title was "Scariest thing you've ever done to your PC?". I don't know why I expected different honestly :P

Here I'll state the same question but about non computer related stuff. You can tell more than one thing and you can be as non specific as you feel comfortable. I'd prefer no tech stuff because you can post that here but if you simply think this thread is cooler you can post it here too.

I'll start with some of mine.

In no particular order once when I was about 8 I was swimming in a large river near my city. As I found a shallow area I stood up and attempted to walk to a small rocky island in the middle of the river. At this point the current intensified and I ended up being swept about 100 yards downstream. Once I got out of the water I made my way back to my parents who were just barely still in sight.

Next was I had a sinus surgery: I had to be awake for the entire thing and I'll just leave it at that.

Those are mine and I am curious to hear what other people have :D

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

having to call to my work and telling that i was not able to do what they asked of me. call me a coward, but it really was hard for me

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Jumping of a giant cliff and land in the water.. I have a giant fear of hights! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I don't know, but the scariest thing for my family regarding me was definitely when I felt from my bike a few years ago. It wasn't really scary for me, since I can't remember it because I hit my head, but in the words of my friend who was there with me,  I catched a rock with a pedal and I got ejected into the air and fell on the concrete road. I was unconscious for like minute and then I woke up. I was transported to the hospital and had to stay there for 3 days, thankfully I didn't break anything, just concussion and shock. Even tough what happened was bad luck I can tell I was extremely lucky.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Go ice skating, sort of, I didn't actually do it. I'm not so good around a lot of people, even more so when I'm trying something new. I was kinda nervous about going ice skating in the first place, but I promised my friend I would go so I tried to suck it up. On the car journey there I could feel my heart beating heavily and rapidly in my chest. When we got there and started to walk over to the ice rink the feeling of nervousness kept getting more intense. Until finally we opened the doors to the ice rink and I walked into a room with probably more than 100 people, way more than what I was expecting. My hands were shaking so much my friend had to tie up my laces of my skates, until I eventually couldn't keep it all in anymore and I started to cry and had a panic attack.

ok dont judge me for this. i was in a rush to get somewhere and i got off at the wrong train station so i walked to the other side assuming that the stop was there( but it was connected by bridge a bit back from where i got off), so being the genus i am i slid down the hill and almost got hit by the train i wanted to get on. never in my life had i run and climbed so fast before, i was almost crying thats how close it was ;-;

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

having to call to my work and telling that i was not able to do what they asked of me. call me a (censored), but it really was hard for me

you might want to change the word to something less offensive?

You know, the f word... ;)

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

yeah, i chanced it.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Who cares? I don't see how the word faggot can be offensive. Calling me gay, no matter what word you use, doesn't offend me because it's something I love about myself. If you said something like "All faggots are..." then that might be offensive, but no more offensive then "All gays are..."

Who cares? I don't see how the word faggot can be offensive. Calling me gay, no matter what word you use, doesn't offend me because it's something I love about myself. If you said something like "All faggots are..." then that might be offensive, but no more offensive then "All gays are..."

yeah, that's not the problem, but I know some gays, that get offended by the slightest things.

just precaution, so that no flame war will break out ;)

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Having to call my dad when i overslept the school bus and saying to him " I dont have a ride and i wont be able to get to school today " .

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

Having to call my dad when i overslept the school bus and saying to him " I dont have a ride and i wont be able to get to school today " .

Ha loser I wake up a 5:00 in order to get a ride!

Wait I think that makes me the loser...

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Ha loser I wake up a 5:00 in order to get a ride!

Wait I think that makes me the loser...

I wake up at 5:45 to get ready, but sometimes i hit snooze on my alarm and sleep through the next alarm. I need to go to bed earlier :P 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

Messing around on the top of the tourist bit of the Euromast tower and bungee jumping. I've never felt so afraid in my life I hate heights both happened because of school friends .

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I once casually overtook someone by car, but i dodn't see somebody in the oncoming lane who was RIGHT behind a tiny corner of a corn field when i checked for oncoming traffic. Let's say i was very awake wafter i snapped back into my lane in the very last second. (we were both doing 100+ kph)

who cares...

others may find it offensive and may not love it though… and the word faggot itself isnt really offensive, its how you use it, calling something gay because its not cool is basically call homos uncool

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Call out to a fire at a farm in the late evening, you could see the light from the fire 2+km away with ease.

It was a place where they smooked tons of meat so the smell was pretty much like if a lot of people had been trapped in the building.

Was back home again at around 6am.

Some 3-4 years ago now though :)

EDIT: Funny thing is, I don't actually think that is what I found the most scary after I gave it some more thought. I think being out in big cities are probably my biggest fear.. 

Going to the reptile house at my local zoo. They keep spiders in there. I love horror movies and other scary junk, but SRYSLY F$#* SPIDERS.

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.....And Spiders, srysly F$#& spiders"

-Reaper

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

I'm not one to get scared a whole heap and I love to do things like rock climbing where you scale a very tall cliff but for some reason when on a school camp we did this thing where you stand on the top of a 10m tall pole (like an electricity pole) and jump off, you have a harness and everything but for some reason I just couldn't do it, I had to get pretty much pulled off by everyone holding the ropes.

Not the most crazy story I know but it was weird, I just froze. Funnily enough I still want to go parachuting and wingsuiting :D

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.