Question on Creative Idea Submission

KrustySammich

Hello! I am new to the forum. I am mainly here to ask about the new LTT video posted a couple days ago titled "We're Hiring Again! Camera operators, editors, writers, and more!" My question related to the end when he reached out about their willingness to review creative ideas that potentially are not tech related. I was wondering if there was any information on how they would use our submission.

Is it like you submit an idea then they can take it and use it as their own?

Do they not take the idea if you are not willing to relocate?

If they don't use your idea can you still pursue it on your own in the future?

Just specifics like these I had questions about and did not feel it was appropriate to shoot them an email.

I do have an idea, and I am not saying that its the greatest in the world that I think they will want to steal, I'm just curious on what will happen with the submission, or what the community thinks will happen. Any thoughtful input will be helpful. Thanks!

Also, I could not tell if this was the right subforum. If it isn't please show me how to lock/delete this post so I can move it.

Edited by KrustySammich

First of all, Comic Sans is worst start to any topic.

As of idea submissions. If you are creator who would have tech-related idea, you contact them via email, like any other business proposal. If you aren't creator, but still have ideas, there are few suggestions threads on forums. Posting to suggestions thread means that you get shoutout at most, otherwise you are giving away all the rights for that idea. Just like in any place where you just send out ideas. Rest, more copyright related questions, you may need to talk with LMG staff (probably Linus or Nick).

Just as example, video ideas get posted on forums beside actual threads weekly. These include valid suggestions for series like SYW and just pure oddities like asking LMG staff to give business advice.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@LinusTech might be able to answer this, if he is not too busy. My guess would be that they won't take your idea and just use it without giving you credit.

Also, Comic Sans? Really?