what do working adult spend money on?

saif961

so im almost graduating from my university, and i was wondering, what do working young male adults typically spend money on?

from where i live i estimate a monthly salary of $5500 - $8100 hopefully, and i was thinking where does the money go? 

if my salary were to be $8100 then

$2700 would go to my mother

$2700 monthly payment to the bank would go constructing a house for me from a land we own 

$1900 would be monthly payment go for an C63s AMG mercedes car

that leave me with $800 extra for me to spend, which is fine and all but what else should i expect myself to spend on when i work?

(note we dont pay taxes where we live, just thought about mentioning it)

3 hours ago, saif961 said:

so im almost graduating from my university, and i was wondering, what do working young male adults typically spend money on?

from where i live i estimate a monthly salary of $5500 - $8100 hopefully, and i was thinking where does the money go? 

$2700 monthly payment to the bank would go constructing a house for me from a land we own 

that leave me with $800 extra for me to spend, which is fine and all but what else should i expect myself to spend on when i work?

Groceries? 

Where the hell do you live if there are no taxes?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

He won't say...:p hehe

Imagine 50000 new people moving next door.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Just now, SkilledRebuilds said:

He won't say...:p hehe

Imagine 50000 new people moving next door.

Civilization usually goes with taxes.

rent, diesel and beer. 

1. Rent / mortgage
  2. Food, etc. - supermarket stuff
  3. Utilities (electricity, gas, water, etc)
  4. Other services (internet, cellphone, whatever you may subscribe to)
  5. Going out / eating outside
  6. Transportation (public transportation tickets, cabs, own car's expenses, etc)
  7. Health care (doctors, medicines, etc.- depending on where you live and/or what you do, you may pay in part or in full, and you may also have some health insurance to the #4)
  8. Unplanned expenses: house/car/appliances repairs, as well as purchases of appliances etc. at some point
  9. Cloths (at some point or another)
  10. Leisure (movie tickets, concert tickets, etc), gifts to other people, and stuff you just like (a new PC component, a book, decorative stuff... whatever it may be)
  11. Travelling / vacations, if and when that happens.

Some expenses only occur every so often, so you need to set some money aside for when that happens (or eventually end up adding #12: debt installments :P)

PS: That's a list for childless adults.

Edited by SpaceGhostC2C

3 hours ago, saif961 said:

Honestly if you don't know what to spend money on then you shouldn't be thinking of a near $2k car payment. Also at 8100 you would likely see a bring home of around 6k. Probably less. With taxes coming out (which would would be up there if you have a 6 figure salary) along with insurance and any other items coming from your paycheck you're not going to see anything close to the full salary you would make gross.

I think you are overly estimating this. Also I'd like to know what field you are going in because doctors and lawyers don't make that much coming out of university. (Also when you say you don't pay state taxes or sales tax? If you live in the US everyone pays taxes.)

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

1 minute ago, Psybadek said:

I think you are overly estimating this. Also I'd like to know what field you are going in because doctors and lawyers don't make that much coming out of university. (Also when you say you don't pay state taxes or sales tax? If you live in the US everyone pays taxes.)

Saif sounds Middle-Eastern, probably some place like UAE. There's no taxation over there, keeps people from overthrowing repressive governments.

3 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Saif sounds Middle-Eastern, probably some place like UAE. There's no taxation over there, keeps people from overthrowing repressive governments.

OK well that is a bit more understandable then.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Bills, rent and groceries. The rest is spending money for whatever you could possibly want if you're responsible with it.

If you're not then you buy a house you can't afford, a car you can't afford and an expensive mobile phone plan you can't afford.

I've seen what being in debt does to people growing up in a poor household... Told myself I'd never be in such a situation, which so far I'm over 10 years in my adult life and have been debt free the whole time all the while managing to save up enough money to live comfortably for a couple months if anything goes south.

Don't waste your money on frivolous expenses kids, pay off your debt ASAP even if you have to lower your living standards for a couple years, be it living in a cheap 1 room apartment, getting a dirt cheap phone plan with maybe 1GB of data at most(free wifi in many places these days and at home) and taking public transit instead of getting a car(for which you'll need to pay insurance, plates, repairs, monthly cost.... it all adds up and when you have debts, especially a student loan, it can be hard to come out on top of it all, sometimes you have no choice but to have a car though, but maybe don't get a brand new 50k car, settle for something a lot cheaper like a used sub 5k car).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

PC

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I dunno where you're from, but I suppose you don't want to live with your mum forever (even though it's very nice of you to help her). 

Will a Mercedes really make you happy? It's cool and all, but if you buy a cheaper car you could save some money for your future...

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Thinking about what you could spend money on is completely the wrong approach.  Instead try to minimize spending to some extent, especially when you're still young.  This is the time to build a financial reserve for unexpected events, or to start saving up enough to retire earlier. 

I'm not saying you should get a $10 second-hand dumbphone instead of that shiny new iPhone XS or Galaxy S10.  By all means spend some more on things you use regularly.  Just don't look for ways to spend money on things you don't need. 

Seriously, save up some money.  If you have an accident or a serious disease, medical bills can run into the tens of thousands very easily ... or more depending on how bad the social security system is where you live.  You don't want to make it through chemo only to find yourself a hundred thousand in debt, with no more job and no potential employer wanting to hire you due to your past illness.  At that point you'll wish you had saved up instead of spending it all.

A cheap reliable car without direct injection and cvt or any automatics. Cheap meats and cheeses with good bread to make sandwiches. Quiet apartment that's slowly going to shit but isn't hood yet but cheap enough to be tolerable. The rest on blow.

5 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Seriously, save up some money.  If you have an accident or a serious disease, medical bills can run into the tens of thousands very easily .

Yes if you live in the USA but you have to pay health insurance every month which means they cover your expenses if you are seriously ill.

Personally think twice before I purchase staff and still buy sometimes items that I don´t really need.