Rumor.. Let's hope it turns out to be true.

zrmaxwell

According to BGR, there is a rumor going around that Apple will keep the 2019 iphone lineup prices the same as the 2018 lineup. 

Link to article: https://bgr.com/2019/02/08/iphone-price-2019-iphone-x-staying-the-same/

If this ends up being true, customers like me (...and the rest of my family) will be able to upgrade to the iPhone XR (1st gen) and only lose one year of software updates, meaning a total of 4 years worth of updates is more than likely going to be guaranteed. In a world where smartphone device upgrades costs a premium over the previous generation, Apple is looking to benefit its customers by, once again, keeping the 2019 iPhone lineup the same price as the 2018 iPhone lineup..  

This whole thing sounds like a huge benefit for Apple and their customers by giving people a choice of whether they want to upgrade or keep the same phone and not lose out on what really counts, which is the whole software update thing Apple has going for it.. 

So.. What do you think will happen to the 2019 iPhone lineup? Will they increase in price, stay the same, or do you think Apple will pull a trick out of their hats and reduce the prices of the 2019 iPhone lineup when compared to the 2018 iPhones.. 

Thoughts?

"Apple is looking to benefit its customers" that has to be the absolute funniest thing I've heard yet this year, and will be hard to top.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
 .'.((      ( ^ `>     )).'.
/`'- \'._____\ (_____.'/ -'`\
|-''`.'------' '------'.`''-|
|.-'`.'.'.`/ | | \`.'.'.`'-.|
 \ .' . /  | | | |  \ . '. /
  '._. :  _|_| |_|_  : ._.'
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

12 minutes ago, violentnumeric said:

"Apple is looking to benefit its customers" that has to be the absolute funniest thing I've heard yet this year, and will be hard to top.

Yes, Apple has charged ridiculous prices for their phones, but in the end, whether you like it or not, some people think iPhones are worth it. Whether you feel the same way or not is entirely up to you.. 

giphy.gif

I find that hilarious that you dismiss android as completely worthless and incomparable. Apple really would love you guys to keep believing that. Attacking me when I hadn't even mentioned Android is just adding hilarity to the hilarious fire.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
 .'.((      ( ^ `>     )).'.
/`'- \'._____\ (_____.'/ -'`\
|-''`.'------' '------'.`''-|
|.-'`.'.'.`/ | | \`.'.'.`'-.|
 \ .' . /  | | | |  \ . '. /
  '._. :  _|_| |_|_  : ._.'
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

9 minutes ago, zrmaxwell said:

i hope you realize what i meant.. if not, i will explain. The XR is a decent chuck of cash less when compared to the iPhone XS Max. Making it a reasonable choice to consider over the $1500 XS Max. Android cannot compare to iPhones in terms of usability, reliability, OEM support, etc etc. 

Yes, Apple has charged ridiculous prices for their phones, but in the end, whether you like it or not, some people think iPhones are worth it. Whether you feel the same way or not is entirely up to you.. 

At the old price points, I think iPhones were certainly worth it. I have an iPhone 8 Plus now and I would've liked to get into the XS Max. But nearly $1300 for the mid-tier 256GB model is pretty insane. It's frustrating to see phone manufacturers (largely led by Apple) at a race to the top as far as pricing is concerned. I get that the XR is a legitimate choice, but it cuts out some of the "premium" features that were previously available at much lower price points, such as a dual-camera setup and 3D Touch.

That being said, you can be an Apple user satisfied with the experience without being a sheep. Strawmanning the argument doesn't make it valid.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

1 minute ago, violentnumeric said:

giphy.gif

I find that hilarious that you dismiss android as completely worthless and incomparable. Apple really would love you guys to keep believing that. Attacking me when I hadn't even mentioned Android is just adding hilarity to the hilarious fire.

Well, what other thing could you have meant?? The only two types of smartphones in todays world are iOS and Android.. To address your sheep comment, it is just that.. a comment. Nothing more nothing less. I am not a sheep, ffs.. I use what works best for me. To just call me a sheep makes you kind of sound childish and closed minded.. my opinion however..

14 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

At the old price points, I think iPhones were certainly worth it. I have an iPhone 8 Plus now and I would've liked to get into the XS Max. But nearly $1300 for the mid-tier 256GB model is absolutely insane, no matter what anyone else has to say on it. It's frustrating to see phone manufacturers (largely led by Apple) at a race to the top as far as pricing is concerned. I get that the XR is a legitimate choice, but it cuts out some of the "premium" features that were previously available at much lower price points, such as a dual-camera setup and 3D Touch.

That being said, you can be an Apple user satisfied with the experience without being a sheep. Strawmanning the argument doesn't make it valid.

The 2019 iphone xr may or may not get a dual camera but that has remained to be seen. 3D touch is something i never got a chance to use as i am still stuck on the iPhone 6 plus from 2014 (waiting for the updates to stop.. and then i will make my purchase decision.)  I get where you are coming from. The iphone XR does cut some of the premium features out while charging a premium price, but i will most likely get over that aspect.. the 2018 iphone xr is still usable without those "premium" features, and i have no doubt the same will apply to the 2019 iphone xr..  

38 minutes ago, zrmaxwell said:

Thoughts?

I personally don't care much about the price of the smartphone I buy (and I switch phones every few months). As long as it's a good product, I'll keep it. 

21 minutes ago, violentnumeric said:

I find that hilarious that you dismiss android as completely worthless and incomparable.

That's up to the individual. Some people prefer iOS while others hate it. Same goes for Android.

42 minutes ago, zrmaxwell said:

So.. What do you think will happen to the 2019 iPhone lineup? Will they increase in price, stay the same, or do you think Apple will pull a trick out of their hats and reduce the prices of the 2019 iPhone lineup when compared to the 2018 iPhones.. 

I don't know about you guys, but a few hundred dollars isn't a big deal if you're trying to buy an Apple "premium" product. You just have to pay the Apple tax.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Considering that they pretty much took the 2018 prices like that, I would believe the rumor.

Won’t visit often..