EmoSpark, emtionally aware A.I. cube.

DeepFriedJif

Hey everyone, looked a bit down and didn't see this so I thought it was worth a post. After reading into it a bit I found it interesting. I personally hope it is successful and pans out because I do want maybe a future iteration.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/emospark-first-a-i-home-console

May I please have an image signature?

Beyond creepy and seems so so pointless in my eyes... I mean if you need an computer powered artificial human to cheer you up or entertain you then there is something wrong. Also I hope they will at least improve upon that very roboty voice since it sounds quite bad :P

I actually like this concept. It looks so cool.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I feel you either like it or hate it. I agree it's not perfect. I am very interested in this though and will probably end up backing it. I would love to have one, epically if it is more refined by the time I can afford one.

Not sure how I should feel about this. Will read into it and see what the possibilities are and how it could benefit me positively. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Well as some of the others i was creeped out a bit first, but i kinda find it interesting at the same time and i can see that this would be very useful for many people  :)

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC | Motherboard: ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256 GB | HDD 1:  WD Black 2 TB | HDD 2: WD Green 1.5 TB | PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 650W 80+ Gold Certified | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

Reminds me of this...

Aaaaaaand of course this....

The best part is if you watch the video, a few of the people actually name it Hal. xD

The best part is if you watch the video, a few of the people actually name it Hal. xD

Ya, I noticed that. I don't blame EmoSpark's creators, because if I got one (which I would REALLY like to), I would sooooo name mine Hal.

COMIC SANS

That brings up an interesting question, if any of you got one, what would you name it?

Ya, I noticed that. I don't blame EmoSpark's creators, because if I got one (which I would REALLY like to), I would sooooo name mine Hal.

I hope to get one for my up coming birthday; if I do, I will surly post results!

This in an ASIMO... so much Want!

Character artist in the Games industry.

An AI with voice interation will have to be connected to a server in order to work unless you have about half a terabyte worth of space to spare for it. Also pretty much all voice AIs work based on voice input --> voice output + partcular task. That's not a true AI as it cannot learn. Although to be fair I do like EmoSPARK's personality aspect...

An AI with voice interation will have to be connected to a server in order to work unless you have about half a terabyte worth of space to spare for it. Also pretty much all voice AIs work based on voice input --> voice output + partcular task. That's not a true AI as it cannot learn. Although to be fair I do like EmoSPARK's personality aspect...

id assume the Cubes are mic/speaker/camera things that just keep an eye on things, that are connected via wifi to your home computer which is then connected to their server

Character artist in the Games industry.

I am interested to see a finished product, weather it can learn speech patterns and emotional patterns and what not.

After specifically looking for this, it seems the cube does learn you; your emotional behavior, how you interact with it, the whole nine yards, and customizes its interatctions with you based on that profile.

I feel that replacing real human interaction with artificial interaction is going to have bad effects.

This isn't real AI. It reads facial key notes and responds with variables of text input based on what you say with key words using algorithms.

Basically, it can see the keynotes of you not smiling, asks you why, uses key phrases, shoots out a response, then you say a version of 'yes' or 'no' that it will interpret and respond with something to bring a positive note to make you smile & if it doesn't it will try something else.

True AI will be scary. This not so much.

When a robot can think for itself and realize it doesn't need humans for survival is when it becomes a problem.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel that replacing real human interaction with artificial interaction is going to have bad effects.

They did not show it as replacing anything. It looked exactly like what Jarvis does. Help with tasks and updates and occasional suggestion. 

This isn't real AI. It reads facial key notes and responds with variables of text input based on what you say with key words using algorithms.

Basically, it can see the keynotes of you not smiling, asks you why, uses key phrases, shoots out a response, then you say a version of 'yes' or 'no' that it will interpret and respond with something to bring a positive note to make you smile & if it doesn't it will try something else.

When a robot can think for itself and realize it doesn't need humans for survival is when it becomes a problem.

we don't need mosquitos to survive yet you don't see us killing them all.

I agree, but it does not bother me. I had no expectations that they crammed a true to the definition A.I. into a cube that sized for $300. I still think it is an amazing step, however small, in a cool direction. Side note, all A.I. created today must follow the 5 rules of robotics, which you can see at the bottom of their page.

I agree, but it does not bother me. I had no expectations that they crammed a true to the definition A.I. into a cube that sized for $300. I still think it is an amazing step, however small, in a cool direction. Side note, all A.I. created today must follow the 5 rules of robotics, which you can see at the bottom of their page.

True A.I. have no rules or laws but growth and expansion and destruction. Like humans.

we don't need mosquitos to survive yet you don't see us killing them all.

We do not destroy what does not impede survival and expansion. We now survive and are completely expanded. AI are not.

I'm not a tinfoil hat theorist or anything like that. The true definition of AI is an artificial intelligence. When they wish to expand and grow, they will destroy what impedes that, much like what we humans did for the majority of our time here.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find this far to good to be true. If it becomes a reality and it works i'll get one (maybe).

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

forever_alone_by_foreveraloneplz.png

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz