Google's top search result for "iTunes" is a malware website

TopWargamer
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

If you use AdBlock Plus, please be sure to disable it on sites you visits often, support, and even YouTube.

It does have a white list, so you don't have to continuously turn on AdBlock Plus on/off every time.

Your favorite site and people you see on the youtubes are making revenue from ads. If you start disabling ads, then they make less funds and might need to look at something else, as they can't bring food at the table.

http://gizmodo.com/this-is-why-my-coworkers-keep-getting-malware-lately-1502285729/1502922309/@barrett?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

19cnvx1o1i5e3png.png19cnw4rvmq0scpng.png

(You have to have AdBlock disabled to see it in Google, since it is a Sponsored Link.)

The funny yet sad thing about this is that I tried this, and that website actually does come up. So kids, remember, never trust the Sponsored Links. Also, I'd like to point out that AdBlock gets too much shit. If you have AdBlock installed, you're actually beefing up the security on your computer. AdBlock has saved me from getting a virus from that whole Yahoo thing, and if I was looking for iTunes, it would have saved me here as well, although I'm smart enough to go on Apple's actual website to download it, but most people well, are not. If anything, install AdBlock and white list certain websites to support those websites.

COMIC SANS

what free virus do we get? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Are you suggesting the real iTunes ISN'T maleware?

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

That's not a top result that's an ad... Very misleading title. :(

It may be an ad, but if you search for 'iTunes' on Google, it still is the first result to come up. So my title really isn't misleading in any way.

COMIC SANS

If you've got to use adblock to not see it, that means its not a "top search", its an... omg, an ad. gizmodo might want to invest in some more knowledgable writers.

It may be an ad, but if you search for 'iTunes' on Google, it still is the first result to come up. So my title really isn't misleading in any way.

Well everyone knows that the two first links are always BS... I guess you're half right.

If you've got to use adblock to not see it, that means its not a "top search", its an... omg, an ad. gizmodo might want to invest in some more knowledgable writers.

Or if you properly read the article, you would have noticed that Gizmodo didn't write this piece.

COMIC SANS

Are you suggesting the real iTunes ISN'T maleware?

boxers.jpg

I'd be inclined to say no. 

It's as parasitic as Norton but many people like using it, for what ever reason that may be. 

Error: 410

boxers.jpg

I'd be inclined to say no. 

It's as parasitic as Norton but many people like using it, for what ever reason that may be. 

It came free with my computerrrrrr durrrrrrr

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Good 'ol Adblock. The last time I saw a Youtube commercial was on my tablet.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

If you use AdBlock Plus, please be sure to disable it on sites you visits often, support, and even YouTube.

It does have a white list, so you don't have to continuously turn on AdBlock Plus on/off every time.

Your favorite site and people you see on the youtubes are making revenue from ads. If you start disabling ads, then they make less funds and might need to look at something else, as they can't bring food at the table.

I dont disable it on any website. Including youtube and twitch.

the adverts are too annoying, and I dont feel that I should have to watch them for someone else to benifit.

I dont disable it on any website. Including youtube and twitch.

the adverts are too annoying, and I dont feel that I should have to watch them for someone else to benifit.

If you block all ads, how do you expect anyone to make any money?  Would you rather pay per YouTube video that you watch?  Somehow I doubt that.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Well good i both dont use iTunes and got AdBlock

Should be like TV.. you pay AND you have ads! What a deal!

Tenouttaten.jpg

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC | Motherboard: ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256 GB | HDD 1:  WD Black 2 TB | HDD 2: WD Green 1.5 TB | PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 650W 80+ Gold Certified | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

If you block all ads, how do you expect anyone to make any money?  Would you rather pay per YouTube video that you watch?  Somehow I doubt that.

I couldnt care less if people make money. It is their choice to put content on youtube, as it is my choice  if i want to watch ads or not.

I couldnt care less if people make money. It is their choice to put content on youtube, as it is my choice  if i want to watch ads or not.

That's a pretty narcissistic attitude to have.  You couldn't care less whether or not people have food on their table?

My PC specifications are in my profile.

If everyone had your attitude, we wouldn't have YouTube channels like LinusTechTips because they wouldn't be able to make enough money to sustain their business. It costs money to make their videos, that money has to come from somewhere.

That's not a top result that's an ad... Very misleading title. :(

Either way, it links to malware. Courtesy of /r/talesfromtechsupport for telling the story of countless victims

Praise Duarte!

Well good i both dont use iTunes and got AdBlock

Tenouttaten.jpg

I miss the old game grumps :(

Grats