8D Music is crazy!!

Allupyourfinger

Why have I never heard of this?!?!

I was browsing youtube and got recommend and a song claiming "8D" audio so I clicked on it to see what all the hype was about. 

Turns out its the coolest thing ever! It sounds like the artist is right next to you and the music will have you pulling your headphones off to make sure no one else can hear your music.  

If you have never heard of '8D' music I recommended you put some headphones in and got on youtube and just look up "8D music"

*note* if you don't use headphones you will be missing out on a lot 

Let me know what you think. ?

1 minute ago, Allupyourfinger said:

I was browsing youtube and got recommend and a song claiming "8D" audio so I clicked on it to see what all the hype was about. 

Turns out its the coolest thing ever! It sounds like the artist is right next to you and the music will have you pulling your headphones off to make sure no one else can hear your music.  

If you have never heard of '8D' music I recommended you put some headphones in and got on youtube and just look up "8D music"

That effect can be pulled off with a good pair of headphones. Get a pair with good imaging, and it'll feel like you can pinpoint where individual instruments are.

1 minute ago, BluJay614 said:

That effect can be pulled off with a good pair of headphones. Get a pair with good imaging, and it'll feel like you can pinpoint where individual instruments are.

Do you have a pair you would recommend? Because that sounds awesome.  

Is it supposed to mean "eight dimensional?" Rather silly name, even four dimensions is gratuitous for how "real" something feels 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Is it supposed to mean "eight dimensional?" Rather silly name, even four dimensions is gratuitous for how "real" something feels 

I thought so too. I guess it's because how the music sounds like its going around from side to side and from high and low which I guess would just be 4d but idk.  

2 minutes ago, Allupyourfinger said:

Do you have a pair you would recommend? Because that sounds awesome.  

I'd check out Z Reviews. I don't have a pair offhand that I would recommend.

2 minutes ago, Allupyourfinger said:

I thought so too. I guess it's because how the music sounds like its going around from side to side and from high and low which I guess would just be 4d but idk.  

Nah it would just be 3D, but that doesn't sound as epic

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

Thanks for the link I will definitely check it out.

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Nah it would just be 3D, but that doesn't sound as epic

True 8D sounds way more epic and if you add a "=" between the '8' and 'D' its even more  EPIC

Not to burst your bubble, but '8D' is fake, that's just 3D audio. It's easily imitated by getting a good pair of headphones and finding a piece of audio that supports multiple channels.

It is still pretty cool when done right, The Beatles' Here Comes The Sun comes to mind, it starts off by playing a guitar in your left ear and then slowly builds up to both ears, it's soothing.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

13 minutes ago, Allupyourfinger said:

That's called stereo.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, seoz said:

Not to burst your bubble, but '8D' is fake, that's just 3D audio. It's easily imitated by getting a good pair of headphones and finding a piece of audio that supports multiple channels.

It is still pretty cool when done right, The Beatles' Here Comes The Sun comes to mind, it starts off by playing a guitar in your left ear and then slowly builds up to both ears, it's soothing.

That sounds awesome. I will check it out. 

Just now, Enderman said:

That's called stereo.

So a pair of really good stereo headphones would be able to replicate this effect?

1 minute ago, Allupyourfinger said:

So a pair of really good stereo headphones would be able to replicate this effect?

Yes.

Pretty much any decent headphones, because mono is no longer used, that was obsolete decades ago.

It is mostly just how the audio is mastered and what effects are used in the music.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Then you might enjoy this: 

You don't really need a good pair of headphones to enjoy it, just make sure you are wearing a pair.

LOL this is great. Thanks for sharing

Sounds like binaural audio. And yeah, with binaural you can use pretty much anything and the effect will be awesome.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Yea, I'd like to add that simply getting nice headphones, as some people are suggesting, doesn't magically make all your content into great binaural audio.

As a content creator, you have to either use a special microphone, like the neuman ku100, or you have to use dsp, to create binaural audio for headphones.

On 2/6/2019 at 5:56 PM, Allupyourfinger said:

all it is is adding a slightly echoey effect then pan the audio side to side, kind of stupid and annoying. Would be cool if they upscaled it properly to have different instruments in different channels for us people for home theaters

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)