Laptop or Desktop for Work / Gaming, Help.

Hi,

I have a budget of $1,500, and currently my situation is that I need a Laptop for video editing and photoshop with a nice screen. Soon I will be switching and working between 2 work places at work, sometimes I work at home and also while traveling. I spend my free time at home playing games on PC. Sorry for the long backstory info, but I feel that I need to explain myself first ?. My situation is that for me spending $1,500 on a laptop is overwhelming. I know that if I spend the same for a desktop set up i will get more power for gaming, but I Need a GOOD laptop for working now.

My first idea was about getting a new desktop for about $1,000 and a good laptop for about $500, but I really don´t know if a $500 laptop is going to help me with my tasks.

I currently have an Desktop PC that I built on 2014 that I am thinking of give it to my brother. Now I am thinking about spending around $1,500 on a laptop and use it for working and then just plug it in at home for playing games with this specs:

-Windows OS.

-Nice screen quality 15" (I work with photoshop and adobe premier, I need a very good screen). I already own a FHD monitor for gaming at home.

-A GPU capable of playing current games at 1080p 60 FPS. I want to make sure that i´m going to get a nice experience with current and new games in the future, probably 2-3 years.

-A CPU capable of handling heavy task.

-HD At lest 1 TB, 

-I don´t want it to be ultra slim or something like that, I´m aware that a slim laptop is more expensive.

My budget is $1,500, I honestly do not know if i can get a laptop in this price point with the specs I´m looking for, please correct me if I´m wrong.

What do you guys Think?

lenovo y7000p (1060 edition). its not light and its a little heavy. if you dont like the look, get the y530 which is exactly the same but better looking. watch dave2d video on y530. if you want something with a better screen (y7000 is screen is.... meh...), get the xps 15 with 1050ti. 

47 minutes ago, Saksham said:

lenovo y7000p (1060 edition). its not light and its a little heavy. if you dont like the look, get the y530 which is exactly the same but better looking. watch dave2d video on y530. if you want something with a better screen (y7000 is screen is.... meh...), get the xps 15 with 1050ti. 

Thanks for your suggestion, both Lenovo Y7000p and DELL xps 15 look great for me. I will wait for more suggestions.

Where are you from? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

11 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Where are you from? Any preference on weight and battery life?

I am from Guatemala, but I´m going to make a trip to L.A in united states of america on March. I don´t have any problem with Weight, and Battery Life just looking for something decent, most of the time that I´m Working my Laptop is always plugged in.

11 hours ago, Gandalf the gray said:

Battery Life just looking for something decent, most of the time that I´m Working my Laptop is always plugged in.

So you don't mind poor battery life? (eg 3 hrs)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

On 2/2/2019 at 10:32 PM, GeneXiS_X said:

So you don't mind poor battery life? (eg 3 hrs)

3 hours of battery life is fine for me.

You might want to wait for reviews on RTX laptops, otherwise something like MSI GP63 8RF would be decent enough

Mind 17 inch thin bezel?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler