Please i'm just looking for a straight answer

Chess_of_Confusion

My last experience on here, wasn't great and kept being lead up the grange path, if you get my expression. OK i have the 8200 HP SFF case and the MOBO is the Hewlett- Packard Model 1495, and with that come's a 240v PSU i do have a Low Profile GTX 1050 ti. Now i have heard that GPU needs more Power than what it's getting right now, i have a Case and MOBO and PSU in mind, i just need a straight will it work and will it improve performance by any, if it doesn't improve performance that fine.  

And my other reason for getting this Case and PSU, is so later on i can upgrade the MOBO to a 5th or 6th Gen and the PSU should be able to handle an even better GPU, when i finely get around to upgrading it. So that just save's me having to buy a new Case and PSU for awhile anyway and i don't care if it looks shit it's fine. So here is the PSU it has been shown on LT so i know its a good make: https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/c/Cor_Products_PowerSupply_Units?q=%3Afeatured%3ApsuPower%3A450+Watts%3ApsuModular%3ASemi&text=#rotatingText Here is the MOBO it's the best one apparently i don't mind the cost it's fine:  https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77 Extreme4/ and finely the Case it doesn't look to bad and it's the same make as the PSU:  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/2tTrxr/corsair-spec-04-blackred-atx-mid-tower-case-cc-9011107-ww 

So please straight answer thank you.

the psu is on sale at newegg, the cx450 for 25, and the cx450m for 30

swap the case for a mb511 rgb

not enough knowledge about z77...

6 minutes ago, Chess_of_Confusion said:

My last experience on here, wasn't great and kept being lead up the grange path, if you get my expression. OK i have the 8200 HP SFF case and the MOBO is the Hewlett- Packard Model 1495, and with that come's a 240v PSU i do have a Low Profile GTX 1050 ti. Now i have heard that GPU needs more Power than what it's getting right now, i have a Case and MOBO and PSU in mind, i just need a straight will it work and will it improve performance by any, if it doesn't improve performance that fine.  

And my other reason for getting this Case and PSU, is so later on i can upgrade the MOBO to a 5th or 6th Gen and the PSU should be able to handle an even better GPU, when i finely get around to upgrading it. So that just save's me having to buy a new Case and PSU for awhile anyway and i don't care if it looks shit it's fine. So here is the PSU it has been shown on LT so i know its a good make: https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/c/Cor_Products_PowerSupply_Units?q=%3Afeatured%3ApsuPower%3A450+Watts%3ApsuModular%3ASemi&text=#rotatingText Here is the MOBO it's the best one apparently i don't mind the cost it's fine:  https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77 Extreme4/ and finely the Case it doesn't look to bad and it's the same make as the PSU:  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/2tTrxr/corsair-spec-04-blackred-atx-mid-tower-case-cc-9011107-ww 

well i strongly doubt a 1050ti system is using, more than 240 watts but a new power supply would  help your future upgradeability  

Why buy and old, dead end Z77 system now, upgrading to a 5th/6th gen (also old already) later, instead of just saving up a bit and investing a decent machine now? The old components may even cost you more than new, unless you go second hand.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

OP what brand is your PSU.  If its Lite On - its platinum rated and you will be fine.  If its not Lite On I would replace the PSU at some point.  Other than that you are 100% fine as long as your 1050 ti doesn't requires a 6 pin from that PSU that wont have one.  Then you have to daisychain it..but I doubt its got one being sff.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

the psu is on sale at newegg, the cx450 for 25, and the cx450m for 30

hoooly shit those are low prices, what a great time to build a cheap PC :D 

oh wait, RAM

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

hoooly shit those are low prices, what a great time to build a cheap PC :D 

oh wait, RAM

ram? 80-100 bucks for 16 gigs isn't bad at all

14 minutes ago, Chess_of_Confusion said:

i don't mind the cost it's fine

If you don't mind the cost then I advise something far newer, new CPU too.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

ram? 80-100 bucks for 16 gigs isn't bad at all

neato, thats dropped quite a bit then. not as low as it used to be but thats still acceptable pricing. used to not be able to get 8GB under €80 here -_- 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

neato, thats dropped quite a bit then. not as low as it used to be but thats still acceptable pricing. used to not be able to get 8GB under €80 here -_- 

i paid 200 bucks for my kit last year...

You said "240v PSU", but did you actually mean 240W?

You also didn't include which processor you use, so it's impossible for us really to help you about your power consumption.

Other people above me said that you have i5-2400. If you have that i5 and GTX1050Ti, then there's no reason or need to replace your power supply.

To be sure about the quality of your PSU, you should tell us the model of it, or post a photo of the label on it.

4 minutes ago, campy said:

The i5 models of the 8200 elite cost like 100$ tops

And then you destroy that value prop by getting a Z77 board.

Really, if you want more multicore, good board features, and are willing to pay extra, no reason not to get a new board. It'll have more USB (not to mention USB 3), more SATA, more variety in drive support, warranty, DDR4, really there's no reason to shell out on special stuff that's super old unless you're literally replacing one part, but OP seems to want a new system.

Not to mention, UB doesn't come close to telling the whole story. GN did i7 2600k testing and the performance gap was way wider than 16%. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

32 minutes ago, Chess_of_Confusion said:

Here's the most straight answer I can give you:

New case and PSU will reduce noise and maybe you will get better temperatures. You WONT get any noticeable boost in performance.

As for will it work part, there is a thing called standard - your parts are ATX standard - they will work in any case that supports ATX standard.

7 hours ago, komar said:

Here's the most straight answer I can give you:

New case and PSU will reduce noise and maybe you will get better temperatures. You WONT get any noticeable boost in performance.

As for will it work part, there is a thing called standard - your parts are ATX standard - they will work in any case that supports ATX standard.

Finely your the only one who given me a straight answer Yea. I do Gaming on Youtube i have a 1050 ti a i7 2600 and 8GB Ram so not all games i can play on High and record on high at the same time, WAIT, hold on..i just had thought crossed my mind, can that MOBO the z77 extreme4, Keeping in mine what i have all ready with everything I've got, i am planning on getting 16GB as well as some point. Can that MOBO the z77 extreme4 handle a GTX 1080 ti or anything better than the GTX 1050 ti so i can comfortably play and record on high or even Ultra with good 60 FPS. 

Then I've not only got a new Case and PSU and Much Better GPU already, all i then need is to save up for, is a much more up to date MOBO and CPU then i can take out that old z77 extreme4 and have put in the new MOBO and CPU and put back in the GPU and i'll have an even more powerful PC. I might also need to get New RAM depending on the MOBO i choose to get, can handle DRR3 i'll have to wait and see on that. 

The reason i said that i want a 5th or 6th Gen is because i know with those MOBO they can handle High end GPU's and the game play is great, i Know you don't need a over the top price PC to Play and Record game on Ultra, and if i can do that with that MOBO were it's a lot cheaper than the best MOBO out there, Than i would rather do that. I've seen that MOBO for £100 on amazon. why spend £1000 or £2000 on a Gaming PC were you can spend under £1000 and still Play and record on Ultra.

If that MOBO can't handle a high end GPU then i'll still Buy that case and that MOBO and PSU, then i can Transfer my i7 2600 and my 8GB Ram and GTX 1050 ti all move it over to the new case. And i can start saving up for an even better MOBO and CPU and GPU through time. 

I wouldn't put links to to those sites if i couldn't afford anything better, it would take me years to save for the MOBO and CPU that ALL OF YOU would recommend where it would only take me months to save for of those items in the LINKS.

And once i have a Tower case and that PSU i can build on that then and slowly build up from there, get one thing at a time until i can finely i take out the old and put in the new.  

14 hours ago, campy said:

the issue is that psus are given their wattage rating as peak output, not sustained

it can put out 240w, just not for very long

That's not true? Their wattage rating is sustained output, quite a few good units have higher than rated peak output.

5 hours ago, Chess_of_Confusion said:

-snip-

Yebus, that's a long post.

Motherboards can't really bottleneck video card as long as tehy have sufficient PCIe slot. Since Z77 is recent enough to have x16 PCie 3 slot, it would be fine.

And I am little bit lost. You are saying that it would take you years to save up for new CPU and motherboard, but you are thinking about getting new case, PSU and 1080 Ti? Or did I misunderstand something?

Also, I would get Fractal Design Focus G instead of that Corsair case as FD has better airflow.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

23 hours ago, Chess_of_Confusion said:

Finely your the only one who given me a straight answer Yea. I do Gaming on Youtube i have a 1050 ti a i7 2600 and 8GB Ram so not all games i can play on High and record on high at the same time, WAIT, hold on..i just had thought crossed my mind, can that MOBO the z77 extreme4, Keeping in mine what i have all ready with everything I've got, i am planning on getting 16GB as well as some point. Can that MOBO the z77 extreme4 handle a GTX 1080 ti or anything better than the GTX 1050 ti so i can comfortably play and record on high or even Ultra with good 60 FPS. 

Okay most straight answer again:

In theory, even something like Pentium 4, can have GTX 1080 or a titan or whatever plugged in and WORK, but will bottleneck it. 

You want to play and record games? In that case you need either a second PC, or really powerful CPU. That i7 2600 could do it, but you got to lower your settings. 

My personal advice is this. First get good quality PSU and nice case. Those two items are always long term investment so cheaping out here is stupid.

After that, get strong GPU. Yes, the card most likely won't be able to run at its full potential, but it will run.

Then get new CPU, motherboard and ram.

This is how I update my rig.

Now one more thing I want you to consider. Why are you spending money or a high end motherboard, only to replace it in near future? Those CPUs you got are both non-overclockable, so there is no point. 

The graphics cards will run the same in the prebuild mobo that you have, as in this z77 extreme..... 

@Chess_of_Confusion I believe you lack a lot of essential ground knowledge in this stuff. If you want, I could explain the main stuff, but not here. 

Send me a private message if you want. 

32 minutes ago, komar said:

My personal advice is this. First get good quality PSU and nice case. Those two items are always long term investment so cheaping out here is stupid.

After that, get strong GPU. Yes, the card most likely won't be able to run at its full potential, but it will run.

Then get new CPU, motherboard and ram.

and because of the lack of tvwazhere for the case, I'll be here for some basic info

mb511 rgb

focus g

mastercase h500

meshify c (tg)

masterbox lite 5 rgb with a mb500 front panel (my personal setup)

mb500 rgb

q500l

just to name a few cases

9 hours ago, Chess_of_Confusion said:

The reason i said that i want a 5th or 6th Gen is because i know with those MOBO they can handle High end GPU's and the game play is great

As someone who owns a 6th gen intel CPU - Do not buy one. Not in 2019. There's far better offerings from the 8th/9th gen Intels and far better value from Ryzen. There's really no point buying 6th gen these days.

Decide what it is you want the system to do, what games you want to play, what monitor (resolution, refresh rate), and what budget you have. Then decide what parts you need based on that and work from there. Considering you have a SFF case with an older motherboard and DDR3 memory, I'd say a full new system is what you should aim for.
New CPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU, Case. Can use your existing 1050ti or use it at first while you save up to replace it with a better graphics card. If you don't already have one you should also grab a SSD for your OS.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 hours ago, Quadriplegic said:

That's not true? Their wattage rating is sustained output, quite a few good units have higher than rated peak output.

@campy is right. The wattage ratings on PSU's are peak output, you NEVER want to run at peak for more than a few seconds. However, a quality unit will usually be able to exceed the wattage rating for peak output, but that does not mean you would want to exceed it either. You want to use no more than 80% of what your PSU is capable of for the best efficiency, and to ensure that any peaks will have adequate power to them, and not stress your PSU. I personally don't like to get too close to the 80% limit myself, I like to go a wee bit overboard when selecting a PSU (making sure it's a high quality one, good reviews, more power than I'll need at peak). While yes, you can use that rating as a sustained output, it is not recommended and even still, I would only do it with a platinum or titanium rated unit. 

3 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

@campy is right. The wattage ratings on PSU's are peak output, you NEVER want to run at peak for more than a few seconds. However, a quality unit will usually be able to exceed the wattage rating for peak output, but that does not mean you would want to exceed it either. You want to use no more than 80% of what your PSU is capable of for the best efficiency, and to ensure that any peaks will have adequate power to them, and not stress your PSU. I personally don't like to get too close to the 80% limit myself, I like to go a wee bit overboard when selecting a PSU (making sure it's a high quality one, good reviews, more power than I'll need at peak). While yes, you can use that rating as a sustained output, it is not recommended and even still, I would only do it with a platinum or titanium rated unit. 

A. Who said that?
B. What does efficieny have to do with it?

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

17 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

partly you're right, partly wrong.

a good quality psu doesn't list peak wattage, it lists continous wattage, so the wattage listed is 500 watts, it can run 500 watts continous. effecienty is true, but it's less to worry about, as a 450 watt psu should be more than enough for this. once again, the cx450 is only 20 bucks on newegg right now

@Quadriplegic fyi

Edited by LukeSavenije

19 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

@campy is right. The wattage ratings on PSU's are peak output, you NEVER want to run at peak for more than a few seconds. However, a quality unit will usually be able to exceed the wattage rating for peak output, but that does not mean you would want to exceed it either.

Only if the PSU is junk! Any decent PSU will list continuous power rating, not peak. Only the crappiest PSUs from 15 years ago would list "Peak Output: 700W... Continuous Output: 500W"... And those are most likely to be lying and will blow up if you try pulling 350W from it anyway!
If a PSU shows "Peak Output" DONT BUY IT! It's junk!

20 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

You want to use no more than 80% of what your PSU is capable of for the best efficiency, and to ensure that any peaks will have adequate power to them, and not stress your PSU.

A good quality PSU should be able to run at 100% load 24/7, as long as its within spec for each of the rails and you're not doing something stupid like continuously drawing 40A over the 24pin motherboard connector while running 6 graphics cards in a mining rig that are all pulling power through the PCIe slots.

The efficiency thing doesn't really matter that much. The difference between efficiency at 80% load and 100% load may be less than 1%. For example the Corsair RM550x is 89.6% efficient at 80% load, and 88.4% efficient at 100% load. That's only 1.2% difference. (Source: Cybernetics). It's not going to make meaningful a difference to your power bill.
*Some* power supplies may drop off efficiency at higher loads, while others might still hold efficiency high at higher loads. You need to look at individual units as their efficiency curves vary depending on the unit!

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

why is everyone going on about Wattage if you read my first "post" i never ask about Wattage, all i ask was will,  it, "Work" with That "Case" That "PSU" and That  "MOBO" with my CPU My and GPU that's all ask, and not being lead up the grange path, AGAIN.. history like's to repeat self it seems. i get £40 a month on benefits that's what i'm left with to spend to save up with, so it would take 3 months just to save up £120 i'm trying to get the Cheapest but also powerful enough Gaming PC so i can record and play on High or Ultra if can.   

And that case and PSU is a great start to build from, But i can't afford to buy a 9th Gen MOBO and CPU and DRR4 Ram and NEW GPU that soon, it would take me "Years" to save up for that. But that MOBO i can save up for in months and then transfer everything over from this HP to the New case and have a more ventilated and nice looking PC mean while. 

Then,..then  i can stat saving up for a 9th MOBO and CPU and DRR4 ram and GPU and i hope it fits in the case and hope that PSU can handle what ever GPU i get. Also i didn't see if anyone said if that z77 can fit a High end GPU better than the GTX 1050 ti and would PSU be enough,  (NOW i'm asking about Wattage) ?.

That MOBO the z77 is far better than the MOBO i have right now in this HP if you offer me a cheaper, but just as good as the z77 i'll take that option instead...Thank you.

1 hour ago, Chess_of_Confusion said:

That MOBO the z77 is far better than the MOBO i have right now in this HP if you offer me a cheaper, but just as good as the z77 i'll take that option instead...Thank you.

That HP board is just as fine for gaming, as the z77. 

You will be throwing money out.

7 hours ago, komar said:

That HP board is just as fine for gaming, as the z77. 

You will be throwing money out.

So basically what your saying is keep using this HP until i can get a better PC, OK just a few question's the Case i wanna get will it house a 9th Gen MOBO, and the PSU i wanna get, will it be enough power to run a GTX 1080 ti, NOW... Let's just say.. in time, i buy a 9th Gen MOBO and CPU and i put that in the Case with the PSU not forgetting DRR4 Ram as well. The Question is if i did all of those things, would i be able to Play and record on high or even Ultra.      

Or as you well know i don't get much money so it would take me months to save up, but if you or anyone can tell me the cheapest build that i can play and record on 1080p 60 FPS not doing 4k.. that it is powerful enough even on new games coming out now. Please give me a list on what to buy thank you.