Can you goto the gym but still eat craP?

WolfLoverPro
8 hours ago, Tristerin said:

And my professional opinion on the facts (like I said the mathematics are great) is that no one sticks to that long term. 

I maintained my diet and weight for the 18 years since i was 17, so some(if few) people do. I gained some weight and lost it from drinking, but my basic dietary intake is the same. 

The other thing is that many people around the world eat healthy all their lives. Particularly the places that have a high concentration of people that live past 100 or where the traditional diet is extremely healthy(Sicily, most of Japan and particularly Okinawa). I mostly tried to apply the dietary practices that they have to my own diet, which is expensive in the US and difficult if you dont grow your own food.

Im espousing this because its the truth in Health Wellness and Physical Fitness Industry.

Im not criticizing peoples' choice to eat certain food the exercise it off. I was simply stating the biological price to be paid which is involved in that choice. Eating junk and then exercising it off is NOT biologically free.

Im just selling people what works.

Thats fine but youre making it sound like there isnt any biological downside. "If it sounds too good to be true it probably is" applies here. Well at least if the person thinks its ok to constantly eat junk and then exercise. Eating some pizza, cheesecake or whatever is fine as long as its not the only thing someone eats. Plus there are ways to make most of those foods healthier by using better ingredients.

Your very scientific approach is commendable, and if you are one of those who have been doing it for at least over half of your life Ill commend you on that as well - however the truth here, is not the reality of maintaining this sort of lifestyle. 

Other than bouts of horrible drinking i did for 18 of my 35 years. And there is definitely a biological price to be paid for that vice too. Probably just as high as the food thing. But everyone knows and accepts that drinking is terrible for you and that there is a price to pay for it.

I agree its definitely not easy to maintain a good diet, espscially in this current world, and there are times when life and stress gets in the way. The gym is definitely a good solution for that.

But someone like yourself surely doesnt eat junk constantly. I get the whole "eat something bad for you to make you happy occasionally, work it off and dont worry about it". I treat myself too but usually with a healthy version of junk food. But thats very different than eating junk constantly and constantly working it off.

If theres no difference between you and them then you might have wo  the genetic lottery.

On 1/25/2019 at 9:16 PM, WolfLoverPro said:

Like what if you goto gym and still eat shit? can you still get lifting muscles if you do weights but then eat junk shit stright after? or does it not work like that lmfao

beacuse building strong muscles is different than loose weight ??

You can, but you might need to work really hard to have both. For example, my crossfit trainer lost 70 kgs and is one of the finest human specimens I have ever seen (now) and his diet consists on two pizzas a day and snacks, but he works out like a total beast at least three times a day, guessing about 1200 calories per workout. 

When I was fit before uni, I worked out twice a week, but I wasn't mr. Abs or anything because I liked food more and twice a week isn't that much. Trained so I could eat freely, and you can definitely afford to enjoy burgers and pizza without feeling bad, as long as you don't pull any bs like a bunch of baked goods.

Once you start working out you find the balance that's good for you. Just do it. I highly recommend crossfit if you can afford it, but if not just stick headphones in your ears and go on a run. Push yourself. See what you can do. You might end up having fun. 

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

23 hours ago, mr moose said:

don;t eat shit food full stop,  you might be able to stay fit or feel healthy while you are young but trust me, you'll pay for it over time when you start to become deficient in key nutrients.

Tell you what doing your back in really puts perspective on just how important this is. You go very quickly from being able to do a lot, to struggling. I still feel that people see me and expect that I can work very hard like I use to, but makes me feel a little sad when I just can't anymore. I am pretty thankful that its not even worse. 

As far as being fat it's literally just input-output. Amount of calories you intake/inges and amount of calories you burn. Depending on this, you'll be either fat or skinny (whether you burn more than you intake or you intake more than you burn).

For casual adult, 2000 calories is a recommended daily intake. You can eat junk all you want, for as long as you're not exceeding this daily limit. McDonalds for example lists caloric value of their (junk) foods, so you'll have a better idea how much something "costs" in calories. For example, Big Mac has a caloric value of around 500 kcal (calories). You could eat 4 of them a day and not go over the intake "budget". Their regular small cheeseburger has around 300 kcal. 0.5L of Coca Cola has 200 calories. With pizza, it's a bit tricky since almost no one in restaurants lists caloric values unless it's something like store bought frozen pizza. But they usually go from 1200-1500 calories, if it's heavy cheese loaded, even beyond that. And a soft drink and you're hitting daily limit pretty quickly with a single meal.

General rule of thumb, every 100g of junk food count as 450-500 kcal. That's just for being fat or not. If you go for certain looks, it's usually high protein food that helps build muscle along with training. And then low fat diet to get rid of the fat covering muscles if you want to define them. But if you'll go to such specific "extremes", I suggest you talk to a professional fitness trainer and/or nutritionist.

8 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

I maintained my diet and weight for the 18 years since i was 17, so some(if few) people do. I gained some weight and lost it from drinking, but my basic dietary intake is the same. 

The other thing is that many people around the world eat healthy all their lives. Particularly the places that have a high concentration of people that live past 100 or where the traditional diet is extremely healthy(Sicily, most of Japan and particularly Okinawa). I mostly tried to apply the dietary practices that they have to my own diet, which is expensive in the US and difficult if you dont grow your own food.

Im not criticizing peoples' choice to eat certain food the exercise it off. I was simply stating the biological price to be paid which is involved in that choice. Eating junk and then exercising it off is NOT biologically free.

Thats fine but youre making it sound like there isnt any biological downside. "If it sounds too good to be true it probably is" applies here. Well at least if the person thinks its ok to constantly eat junk and then exercise. Eating some pizza, cheesecake or whatever is fine as long as its not the only thing someone eats. Plus there are ways to make most of those foods healthier by using better ingredients.

Other than bouts of horrible drinking i did for 18 of my 35 years. And there is definitely a biological price to be paid for that vice too. Probably just as high as the food thing. But everyone knows and accepts that drinking is terrible for you and that there is a price to pay for it.

I agree its definitely not easy to maintain a good diet, espscially in this current world, and there are times when life and stress gets in the way. The gym is definitely a good solution for that.

But someone like yourself surely doesnt eat junk constantly. I get the whole "eat something bad for you to make you happy occasionally, work it off and dont worry about it". I treat myself too but usually with a healthy version of junk food. But thats very different than eating junk constantly and constantly working it off.

If theres no difference between you and them then you might have wo  the genetic lottery.

Perfect - you and everyone else is the reason why I say what you are espousing sounds great on paper - but isn't executable.  (please read your own testimony, bro your science can science till it sciences off the table.  I don't care.  Its not possible for 99.999% of people to do.  Because people have choice.  We aren't math.  We are living things that make poor decisions.  Its about mitigating those poor decisions - yours above, and I have made PLENTY!).

I DO NOT have the genetic lottery.  I was 340 lbs as a 6th grader.  I have the problem of having an Addictive Personality.  I just redirected it long ago from food and drugs to food and Fitness (fighting, jiu jitsu, lifting you name it)

Google Nick "Moose" Shrock.  That's someone I Train with that has won the genetic lottery.  Hes literally 5x stronger than me.  Those are the 1%'ers.  Now we have to find that 1% OF that 1 % who can actually maintain the diet you describe above.

Your words are right, flowery, smell good - but are NOT sustainable for anyone.  Me, you, or likely anyone on this forum.

Its worse for you to yo-yo like you describe in weight on your HEART MUSCLE than anything else.  Id rather eat crap, burn it off and do it again then literally kill my heart with alcoholism, yo-yoing my weight and espousing a better way I cannot even successfully implement.

I sell a Lifestyle, not short term weight loss to people.  And Im very successful doing it, opening my second location this weekend in the next city over.  One of us is a professional, who does this for a living, and another is someone on the journey.  My journey will never end, the difference is Im a paid Sherpa.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Hi

Years ago(in the 80s) one of my hobbies was mountain climbing. I only did it for 2 weeks out of the year but I trained all year for it. It was not the type claiming that you use ropes. It was more like ridge walking. I mostly did it in Snowdonia(Wales). 

The workout was 5 miles 5 days a week on a treadmill with a 22 degree incline at a jog with an hour of circuit training without rest. The point of the training was to be able to get off the mountain if the weather turned. Since I live in the US I had to book way in advance and some years the weather was not good and the widow for a climb was small.   

In the morning before the workout I went to Mcdonalds for breakfast and after I when to Mcdonalds or Burger King for lunch. The only time I had a decent diet was for the 2 months out of the year I lived in the UK, thanks to my Mother's cooking. That went on for about 10 years.

Now I am old and fat. My work and hobbies have put a heavy toll on me.  My injuries have caused me years of pain. Now one wrong move can bring it all back. 

My only goal now when it comes to weight lose is to have a more attractive corpse.  

Later

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

Depends on your goals.  As long you're getting the protein you'll build muscle.  But if you're hoping to get cut you will need to watch your diet.  I've heard it said that abs are made in the kitchen.