Metroid Prime 4 Delayed

JoeCoke

Metroid Prime 4 has been delayed.

"We deeply understand the high anticipation that Metroid Prime series fans have for this title. We have felt it especially from the passionate words from fans we heard when we first announced this title at E3 the year before last."

After a lots of waiting and anticipation after Metroid Prime 4 being announced in 2017, it has been delayed.

Ever since the announcement, we have not been able to give you an update, but as a result of the continuing development since that time, -although this is very regrettable - we must let you know that the current development progress has not reached the standards we seek in a sequel to the Metroid Prime series.

"Nintendo always strives for the highest quality in out games; and in the development phase, we challenge ourselves and confront whether the game is living up to that quality on a daily basis."

The game so far has not met Nintendo's expectations for quality. As we all know, Nintendo, even though it's not too common nowadays, is picky about their games and they take pride in them. It is very un-Nintendo to rush out a mess.

"From this perspective, we have determined that the current development status of the game is very challenged, and we had to make a difficult decision as a development team. We have decided to reexamine the development structure itself and change it."

They will also be working with Retro Studio, the original developer of the Metroid Prime series.

Honestly, this is a good thing. In an age where it's common for companies to push out games before they're finished with the "patch it later" mentality, it's very refreshing to see a huge company caring about the quality of their game. I'd much rather take a huge delay than having a weak game in the Metroid Prime series. I fully respect this decision.

But this isn't new for Nintendo. They've always done this. Remember:

Dxwk_UnWkAMoRwq.jpg

Source:

(Didn't think this was "tech news" worthy, so I put it here. Does anyone think that this is tech news worthy? Also, I will likely come back later and make this post better, I ran out of time! Also also, my first swing at a "newsy" post.)

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

3 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

I'd rather it be complete and polished than polished turd.  It may look good but its still a turd.

Very much this. I'm so done with rushed games, the fix it later mentality seriously pisses me off.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Good! Take your time and make it right .

No one is interested in a generic FPS game with broken or boring mechanics with a Metroid skin slap on it.

If a good Metroid means a 2 year delay, and so be it.

Although, I wonder, if the delay is big, will Nintendo make a Metroid Prime trilogy HD remake for the Switch?

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Good! Take your time and make it right .

No one is interested in a generic FPS game with broken or boring mechanics with a Metroid skin slap on it.

If a good Metroid means a 2 year delay, and so be it.

Still detoxing from Other M

On 1/25/2019 at 5:26 PM, LordOTaco said:

Well, wasn't Ninja Gaiden :)

And the Wii was weird anyway and had strange controls...

And Koei Tecmo did some nice games for Nintendo in the Past - Hyrule Warriors for example.

Fire Emblem Warriors is nice as well.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

I'm glad to hear of the cancellation and restart, since I trust Retro Studios a lot more than I would Koei Tecmo to get this game right after how great a job Retro did on the previous three.

46 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

would Koei Tecmo to get this game right after 

they only did one Metroid Game and that was Other M on Wii...

On 1/25/2019 at 10:25 AM, GoodBytes said:

Although, I wonder, if the delay is big, will Nintendo make a Metroid Prime trilogy HD remake for the Switch?

I would throw so much money at a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD port to the Switch. (Enjoyed it on the Wii)

Still, good to hear they want to publish a complete game and not some rush job fix it later one.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:26 AM, LordOTaco said:

I'm glad I stayed the hell away from that game when I heard Retro Studio was not behind it.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

2 hours ago, Ithanul said:

I would throw so much money at a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD port to the Switch. (Enjoyed it on the Wii)

Still, good to hear they want to publish a complete game and not some rush job fix it later one.

I'm glad I stayed the hell away from that game when I heard Retro Studio was not behind it.

The thought of those games getting remastered has me drooling, and that's as someone who's sick of the constant remasters and rereleases. Those games looked gorgeous in their time, they look pretty damn good now, and in 1080p on dolphin they look even better.

But a proper remaster? Ohhhhh boy, this could be one of the best looking games of all time.

8 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Why is Other M said to be so bad?

The Only real problems it has, IMO, is the Camera (as many "early" 3D Games), and obviously Controls as most Controls on Wii are just utter horse shit....

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Why is Other M said to be so bad?

The Only real problems it has, IMO, is the Camera (as many "early" 3D Games), and obviously Controls as most Controls on Wii are just utter horse shit....

The story is garbage and the gameplay is repetitive. The Metroid series is held in a very high regard and even a "just okay" Metroid game will be hated, no surprise.

9 hours ago, 2Buck said:

The story is garbage and the gameplay is repetitive. The Metroid series is held in a very high regard and even a "just okay" Metroid game will be hated, no surprise.

Honestly if they told the story more in the vein of Metroid Fusion it would have fixed alot of problems.  Hell it would even tie in alot better too.