planning on streaming and gaming, what would be better?

hunterbrady

I would do the first one but not because I like Intel but because I feel like the 2070 would be better for gaming and streaming and the sata SSD is also a better choice than the m.2 form. 

If you wanted to stay ryzen then I would change the gpu to a 2070 because the Vegas were never really that good for gaming.

CPU: Intel I5-7500 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master ML240

Motherboard: ASRock B250M PRO 4

Memory: 16GB Patriot Viper Elite

Gpu: Asus Dual 1060 3GB

Storage: Corsair 120GB M.2 NVME

500GB Samsung 860 EVO

1TB WD Blue

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+Bronze

Case: Phanteks P350X

Monitors: HP Omen 25in 144hz

and some 25in Acer

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX RGB

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro

Headphones= VModa Crossfade Wireless(but used wired)

Speakers: Some janky speakers I jerry-rigged

The 2700x one will easily be the best. It has 8 cores and 16 threads. All the threads help with multitasking and will let you stream smooth gameplay to viewers, and let your game still be smooth, too. The only thing I would change about the ryzen 7 2700x build, is that a 850w power supply is more than needed. Get a 750w or 650w at the most. Make sure you refer to the PSU tier list for PSU choices.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

2700X but with a 2070/2080, not a vega 64.

Also you don't need 850W, a 650W PSU is more than enough.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Fuzzleworth1 said:

I would do the first one but not because I like Intel but because I feel like the 2070 would be better for gaming and streaming and the sata SSD is also a better choice than the m.2 form. 

If you wanted to stay ryzen then I would change the gpu to a 2070 because the Vegas were never really that good for gaming.

bias detected

Ryzen is better for streaming, especially more than a 9600k. Also, Vega isn't that bad for gaming.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Third build simply because it has the extra cores, unless you wanna use Shadowplay. If yes, then first build.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

4 minutes ago, mxk. said:

bias detected

Gonna shoot that right back at ya.

I'm not gonna lie, I do like Intel but I'm also not afraid to admit that Ryzen is way better right now for pretty much everything and I like Nvidia because there cards don't always look like bricks with fans, plus they do tend to score higher in gaming.

CPU: Intel I5-7500 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master ML240

Motherboard: ASRock B250M PRO 4

Memory: 16GB Patriot Viper Elite

Gpu: Asus Dual 1060 3GB

Storage: Corsair 120GB M.2 NVME

500GB Samsung 860 EVO

1TB WD Blue

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+Bronze

Case: Phanteks P350X

Monitors: HP Omen 25in 144hz

and some 25in Acer

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX RGB

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro

Headphones= VModa Crossfade Wireless(but used wired)

Speakers: Some janky speakers I jerry-rigged

Honestly using nvenc for streaming regardless of what CPU he buys is best IMO.

The 9600K and 2700X will both be good, 9600K will get higher fps in most games but the 2700X with 16 threads is good for multitasking while streaming, for stuff like voice chats, streamlabs, watching your own stream on a second monitor, etc etc etc.

More flexibility.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Fuzzleworth1 said:

Gonna shoot that right back at ya.

I'm not gonna lie, I do like Intel but I'm also not afraid to admit that Ryzen is way better right now for pretty much everything and I like Nvidia because there cards don't always look like bricks with fans, plus they do tend to score higher in gaming.

Fair enough, I guess it does have cuda acceleration. I wouldn't of recommended the OP a brick v64, because he picked out the triple fan sapphire nitro+, which is like the best air cooler vega card.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

47 minutes ago, mxk. said:

The 2700x one will easily be the best. It has 8 cores and 16 threads. All the threads help with multitasking and will let you stream smooth gameplay to viewers, and let your game still be smooth, too. The only thing I would change about the ryzen 7 2700x build, is that a 850w power supply is more than needed. Get a 750w or 650w at the most. Make sure you refer to the PSU tier list for PSU choices.

On the Sapphire website it says 850w recommended, it puts the build to around 400w. Still 750w though would you say?

1 hour ago, hunterbrady said:

On the Sapphire website it says 850w recommended, it puts the build to around 400w. Still 750w though would you say?

even a good 550w will do for a vega 56/64.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

9 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

even a good 550w will do for a vega 56/64.

How do you like the 1070 ti?