No Video After Ram Swap

june_yah
Go to solution Solved by limegorilla,

Normally I would go and tell you to reset your CMOS (if you had not done that allready) but that motherboard is the most temperamental thing I had in my last system. The one, surefire way of getting it back up (I had an issue similar to this back when I was using it) was to take to board out of the case, reset CMOS, leave unplugged for about half an hour, and then reassemble my system

So a week or so ago my PC started giving me the error that is moving the memory to physical a drive (a BSOD with lots of text and a percentage counter at the bottom). It got to the point where I couldn't run the PC for more than 20 minutes. I let my PC sit for a few days till I could find another stick of RAM. I swapped out the RAM, and the PC booted wihtout video. I tried changing the video from graphics card (GTX 760) to onboard video and still nothing. I tried swapping out to my original memory sticks and the same issue. I'm really at a lost for how I got to this point.

System Specs
Win 7 64bit
i5 4700
16gb (2x8gb) DDR3 Vengenance

EVGA 650W G2
MSI GTX 760
Asus H81-Plus

Make sure you have no: A. Bent CPU pins. B. Bent PCI-e connector. C. no bent mem. pins

Also short the clear CMOs jumper to clear any failed OCs.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

Normally I would go and tell you to reset your CMOS (if you had not done that allready) but that motherboard is the most temperamental thing I had in my last system. The one, surefire way of getting it back up (I had an issue similar to this back when I was using it) was to take to board out of the case, reset CMOS, leave unplugged for about half an hour, and then reassemble my system

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Resetting the CMOS solved the issue and I'm and running (I only got back up today). I'll keep it in mind if I have the same issue again. Thank you for the help LukeTheCoder05 and limegorilla.