Can't get the 240hz in csgo

odzh
Go to solution Solved by Crunken,

go into your steam library, right click it and go into launch options and enter "-refresh 240 +fps_max 0" (without the quotations ofc) this will remove any fps lock you might have and put the game to 240hz

So recently I bought a monitor "Acer XF250Q".

As the topic suggests, i can't get the 240hz in CSGO, tho i get 240hz in all other games and the dekstop aswell.

Somehow csgo caps my refresh rate @ 120hz 

Any solutions? 

I tested so far 240hz on dekstop/COD BO4/fortnite and other games.

PC SPECS

* BoostBoxx Vega, GlassCase RGB
* MSI Z270-A PRO / Onboard 7.1 Controller ALC892
* Intel i7-7700K / Windows 10 Home (64bit)
* Ballistix Sports 2400MHz 16GB / M.2 SSD 850 Evo 250GB / 2TB HDD WD®
* MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC

Cable i use to run my monitor is Displayport cable. I had to order new cable,since the original one was too short and would not reach to my monitor. 

disable vsync? or just limit it in the console with the fps_max command

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

go into your steam library, right click it and go into launch options and enter "-refresh 240 +fps_max 0" (without the quotations ofc) this will remove any fps lock you might have and put the game to 240hz

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

disable vsync? or just limit it in the console with the fps_max command

I always have vsync off and the fps_max is always on 300 capped or 0 as unlimited.

I already got that fixed,thankyou for the fast respond tho.

4 minutes ago, Crunken said:

Jesus, i did everything and checked everything.. but the only place i didnt is launch options.. i'm a potato. -_- 

I had as my main monitor 144hz and i actually had -freq 144 in launch options. 

Thank you kind sir, for your help. Launch options helped.