More powerful graphics cards (not in SLI)

Ian Scott

not there isn't

| CPU ------ i5 4670k 4.4ghz ------ MOBO ------ MSI Z87 GD65 ------ GPU ------ MSI TF3 7950 OC ------ GPU2 ------ EVGA GTX660 SC ------ RAM ------ G.SKILL Sniper ram 1866 2x4 ------ PSU ------ Corsair AX860 ------ SSD ------ Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB ------ HDD ------Seagate 1TB ------ CASE ------ Corsair 300r |

Not for gaming, no. There are technically graphics cards that are better for different things, for example Nvidia's Tesla series are good for workstations, but the GTX series cards are good for gaming.

pnBIF.gif?1

7990 from AMD, just youtube search Powercolor Devel 13 7990 and you will find it... But technically both cards, 690 and 7990 are a SLI card on 1 PCB... Its 2 cores, for the Nvidia side 2 680 cores and for the AMD its 2 7970 cores...

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

Tesla GK20X, most likely. It's a workstation card so it's not at all for gaming, but I believe it's the fastest single-GPU card out there.

If you can be bothered waiting, I'm sure there is a dual GPU solution coming in the GTX 700 generation...

is there a GPU better than the gtx 690 (nvidia based)

Well, the powercolor 7990 is probably faster when you OC it. Since the 690 is two of the most powerful chips Nvidia has right now, nothing is going to beat it, until possibly the 7XXs.

Welp, now the Asus Ares II 7970 is the fastest dual GPU card in the world, or, more simply put, the fastest video card in the world.

pnBIF.gif?1

Well if your talking about a single chip card then that would belong to the 7970 GHz Edition.

The recorded fastest afaik is the Matrix Platinum 7970.

FYI: Any dual-GPU card is technically still in SLI/Crossfire.

Comparably, the Quadro 6000 is the best workstation GPU you can buy.

The 690 is dual-GPU, and the Ares II 7990 would be faster (clocked higher and watercooled).

Yes there is. But it will be almost impossible to find it, when it comes out. It's a ASUS Ares II Dual 7970. There are 1000 of those cards. It comes with a 120mm water cooling rad. And it comes with 3x8pin.

This is Linus' review about the card in CES 2013 :

:)

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

you are all right ppl but consider that 680 and 7970 ghz edition are tied in gaming ( amd is better as a workstation card, check anandtech 7970 ghz review very good one )

690 is a reference product, there were no aftermarket models ( as far as i know ), 7990 does not exist as a reference model made by amd so its the same as asus mars/ares older models 3rd party card, and in limited numbers, devil 13 as well.

@Ian Scott GTX690 model is the best card they made so far, and there will be no more cards on the high end until the 700 series.

Guys i have a question, i have a gtx 670 phantom ( 680 lvl factory core clock and a memory overclock ) and now and i was wondering did anyone saw that a 680 has a considerable advantage in real life scenarios when gaming? i have never used a 680 and i was curious

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)