Some Suggestions for 18:9 Vedios

3nit

Could you please leave a blank on both sides of the 18:9 video so that the text will not be cropped or cove1red when I fill a 16:9 screen with it ?
As an example, in the image, the text on th e left side of the sreen is covered. The expriense is not good.

You can move the text farther from the edge and keep the video in 18:9. Just like the 2nd image. So that it will be friendly to both 16:9 and 18:9 screens.

Wish you can fix this problem. Thanks a lot! 

Poor English, so if you have trouble understanding me, please leave a reply. 

DSCF0906.JPG

U1335P27T1D333655F3DT20051126110752(1)(1)(1).jpg

Just now, emosun said:

您的YouTube应用程序应该正确地将视频缩放到您正在使用的任何屏幕

No I mean if I fill the screen with the video, the text on the sides will be covered. But if I dont, The upper and lower blanks of the screen are black. 

well the video is a wider aspect ratio. so yes you either get 16:9 with black bars on the top and bottom , or if you scale it larger then you cut off the sides which will hold information on graphs and such.

Just now, emosun said:

视频的宽高比更宽。所以是的,你要么得到16:9,顶部和底部都有黑条,或者如果你把它缩放得更大,那么你就切断了能够保存图形等信息的边。

yeah i know but if the text put farther from the edge, it wont be cut

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

well the video is a wider aspect ratio. so yes you either get 16:9 with black bars on the top and bottom , or if you scale it larger then you cut off the sides which will hold information on graphs and such.

thought other things will be cut but that does not matter

No, because then people will end up with crap like this:

Image result for 21:9 monitor pain black bars

Adding black bars to source video is NEVER a good idea.

Usually there is an option on the phone that shrinks the video to fit it on screen.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

不,因为那时人们最终会得到这样的垃圾:

图像结果为21:9显示器疼痛黑条

添加黑条到源视频绝对不是一个好主意。

通常手机上有一个缩小视频以适应屏幕的选项。

yeah, but the text on the sides can not be read

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

No, because then people will end up with crap like this:

Image result for 21:9 monitor pain black bars

Adding black bars to source video is NEVER a good idea.

Usually there is an option on the phone that shrinks the video to fit it on screen.

i dont mean to fill the side with black but move the text father away from the edge

3 minutes ago, 3nit said:

yeah, but the text on the sides can not be read

Yeah, but that's your problem, not everyone else's.

They will not make a horrible change just to fix your inconvenience at the expense of everyone else.

Just now, 3nit said:

i dont mean to fill the side with black but move the text father away from the edge

You should be able to pinch the video and zoom out so that it fits your screen and automatically adds black bars at the top and bottom.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Yeah, but that's your problem, not everyone else's.

They will not make a horrible change just to fix your inconvenience at the expense of everyone else.

You should be able to pinch the video and zoom out so that it fits your screen and automatically adds black bars at the top and bottom.

yeah it is my problem but 16:9 screens still the most right?

1 minute ago, 3nit said:

Look at the video in the link I posted and just zoom out of your video.

It just takes two fingers.

Not that hard.

Spoiler

i just check with my phone and it works fine. my phone is 16:9

my phone is also 5 years old running jellybean. so no excuses

2 minutes ago, 3nit said:

as linus said the phone demographic is the highest and wider ratios are becoming the norm, its just the natural order, 

in a sense like how 4k is, most people i think would still have 1080 screens , but 4k is just future proofing (bad example in this sense but it helps) 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

29 minutes ago, 3nit said:

No I mean if I fill the screen with the video, the text on the sides will be covered.

That's what happens when you scale the video.  If you don't want any to be cropped and lost, don't stretch it.

29 minutes ago, 3nit said:

But if I dont, The upper and lower blanks of the screen are black. 

That's what happens when the aspect ratio of the content and your display don't match.  It's unavoidable and everyone has to deal with it at some point.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

查看我发布的链接中的视频,然后缩小视频。

它只需要两个手指。

没那么难。

sorry,maybe you didn't understand me. I mean that keep the video in 18:9 is ok but if the text is away from the edge, it will be friendly to 16:9 screens

4 minutes ago, 3nit said:

sorry,maybe you didn't understand me. I mean that keep the video in 18:9 is ok but if the text is away from the edge, it will be friendly to 16:9 screens

So you want them to change all their templates and ensure that no text ever crosses a particular distance from the edge in all videos from now on, all because you don't want black bars?... 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Arika S said:

So you want them to change all their templates and ensure that no text ever crosses a particular distance from the edge in all videos from now on, all because you don't want black bars?... 

Yes, but not only me I think. Everyone doesn't. And this won't take too much, isn't it?

11 minutes ago, 3nit said:

Then there really isn't much of a point in doing 2:1 then is there.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

i mean there's text and action safes ._. just that it'll be up to the editors to accommodate for that

(gamersnexus and probably many others are also having graph-over-border problems for their videos, but frankly I don't even scale-fit their videos on mobile)

I just think maybe they should consider it comprehensively. For example, TV stations have done something 

S90121-17045306.jpg

3 hours ago, 3nit said:

Could you please leave a blank on both sides of the 18:9 video so that the text will not be cropped or cove1red when I fill a 16:9 screen with it ?
As an example, in the image, the text on th e left side of the sreen is covered. The expriense is not good.

You can move the text farther from the edge and keep the video in 18:9. Just like the 2nd image. So this will be friendly to both 18:9 and 

Wish you can fix this problem. Thanks a lot! 

Poor English, so if you have trouble understanding me, please leave a reply. 

DSCF0906.JPG

U1335P27T1D333655F3DT20051126110752(1)(1)(1).jpg