I don't know if my monitor, or my display port cable or the display port of my GPU doesn't work

khazad

So I think windows got an update and it took a few minutes to boot, I couldn't tell if it was an update or it just took like 3 minutes to boot because I have this weird bug that shows the motherboard splash screen while windows is booting up, at first when I turn on the PC it shows the splash screen for about a second, after that it should be all black with only the windows loading icon, and for me the splash screen still shows up when windows is booting and it shows a square with the windows loading icon. Like this

Screenshot_20190118-144728.thumb.jpg.6b0b2956e7fe1e410d715fb875011182.jpg

And it stays like this the whole time when windows is booting up. Already asked this on reddit and people told me that this is normal, that that's how it should be. But i know it should be all black after the splash screen shows up right?

Anyway back to the real problem.

When I turn on my pc my keyboard lights also turns on but then it turns off when windows is booting up then it turns on again 1 second before windows starts up.

In theory windows should start up now but instead I get a no signal on my monitor, it turns black right after windows starts.

And I think windows is booted up already, well I'm 100% sure because I can shutdown by pressing alt+f4.

So it turns off and then I try to turn it on again, the lights on the motherboard and the fans spin for about 5 seconds and then it turns off, I thought this is weird so I turn it back on again.

And the same thing happens again but my monitor gets no signal even when windows is booting up.

This is the second time that this happens to me and I think the problem is with the windows update that mess up visual part? (IDK how to call it) of my PC.

The first time that this happened i fixed it by connecting the pc with an HDMI and then connecting the DisplayPort again, so i tried this again and it worked fine with the HDMI, i try to change to DisplayPort on the monitor and it still shows no signal.

Already tried the display port cable with a tester and every connector seems to be fine but i still need to try the connector of the monitor and GPU but i don't think that it'll show anything.

Tried installing the newest nvidia driver with a clean install and also installed some new windows updates, tried again connecting the display port and it still shows nothing.

Is there any program that can test the GPU port and see if it works or not?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | MB: Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16Gb 3200Mhz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce | Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | SSD: Crucial MX300 275Gb | HDD: WD Black 2Tb | Monitor: LG 27GL83A

Did you run DDU before reinstalling the drivers? If not, start there.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

17 minutes ago, khazad said:

So I think windows got an update and it took a few minutes to boot, I couldn't tell if it was an update or it just took like 3 minutes to boot  

snip

I noticed my pc also took a lot longer than normal to boot up this morning.

20 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Never tried that program, already downloaded it and it says it should be used in safe mode so I restarted my PC and the boot time is waaay too long, is that normal?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | MB: Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16Gb 3200Mhz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce | Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | SSD: Crucial MX300 275Gb | HDD: WD Black 2Tb | Monitor: LG 27GL83A

12 minutes ago, CorruptedSanity said:

I noticed my pc also took a lot longer than normal to boot up this morning.

Yeah that usually happens to me when there's a windows update

1 hour ago, rcmaehl said:

I think it worked with it. Maybe it's just windows update that mess up the nvidia drivers? someone on another post said that MSI can screw up display ports.