New build list help and opinion.

Daannnyy

Hey's fellas! 

Been out of the PC world for a few years and my PC is terribly outdated. Did you know they have i9s and 2080s now?! what the heck! ?

Anyway I've been saving up some money (a lot of money) and this is my new build list.

I just wanted your guys opinion on it. If I could save money and keep performance and if everything will be compatible and will hold up with my idea of "trying" to future proof my PC for as long as possible within my $4000 price range. Also hopefully I haven't forgotten a crucial part, finished the build and forgot RAM was a thing.. ?

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Gaming OC 8GB
be quiet! Pure Power 11 700W CM Power Supply
Intel Core i7 9700K
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite Gaming Motherboard
Western Digital WD Black 4TB WD4005FZBX
Samsung 860 EVO 2.5in SATA SSD 1TB
Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE Premium Mid Tower Case
Corsair LL140 RGB 140mm Independent RGB PWM Fan x 6
Corsair Hydro Series H80i 120mm Liquid CPU Cooler
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro CMW16GX4M2C3000C15 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4

Final price:
$3966 (AUD)
$2858 (USD)
$3787 (CAD)

Cheers guys! hopefully my formatting isn't too bad!

well it is compatible ... will you ever consider amd?

that would be 30~40% cheaper roughly

8 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

and you can upgrade in 2020 to a CPU released then in the same mobo, and or get Zen 2 when that comes out Q2/Q3

(OP you might think that core i9 is impressive if you have been out of the loop for a bit, but it honestly isnt considering multiple factors such as price and releases sqedualled this year)

if you are dropping large sums of money on a build, i would highly suggest waiting for Zen 2 in Q2/Q3 (May is most probable)

6 fans ? Why you would need that much, your system can easily have already good flow with just 3 case fans 4 optimally.

Do you need it to be RGB ?

Are you going to overclock your system(GPU/CPU) ?
I don't really advise you taking Aorus products as their software is...kinda bad, ASUS is a better choice if you're going to spend that big bucks

And I don't know how much that beQuite PSU cost, but I don't think you don't really need a 700w unit if you are not going to run an X299 system or runs multi GPUs. A very nice 550w to 600w would be more than enough if that could save you a few dollars for something else matters. Like the EVGA supernova G3 650, or the Corsair RMx, they are made by OEM much better than FSB (the maker or the be quite).

Like, go for a nvme SSD from the SATA SSD. Or maybe consider a 240mm AIO for the cpu for much better overclocking headroom (or lower rpm for lower noise), it also looks better IMO.

With Zen 2 based 3rd gen Ryzen (from AMD, if you aren't aware) matching 9900k with an also 8 core 16 thread engineering sample CPU, it's hard to dump money on Intel... but 3rd gen Ryzen won't be coming till at least summer so that's sad. Less sad than the tax for buying in Australia though

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

34 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

24 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

and you can upgrade in 2020 to a CPU released then in the same mobo, and or get Zen 2 when that comes out Q2/Q3

(OP you might think that core i9 is impressive if you have been out of the loop for a bit, but it honestly isnt considering multiple factors such as price and releases sqedualled this year)

Always stayed away from AMD but thanks guys I'll look into it. As far as I know Intel has always been #1

22 minutes ago, Type 2501 said:

And I don't know how much that beQuite PSU cost, but I don't think you don't really need a 700w unit if you are not going to run an X299 system or runs multi GPUs. A very nice 550w to 600w would be more than enough if that could save you a few dollars for something else matters. Like the EVGA supernova G3 650, or the Corsair RMx, they are made by OEM much better than FSB (the maker or the be quite).

Like, go for a nvme SSD from the SATA SSD. Or maybe consider a 240mm AIO for the cpu for much better overclocking headroom (or lower rpm for lower noise), it also looks better IMO.

Yeah I was actually wondering about that, I'll change the PSU to a cheaper one and check out the SSD, do you think the nvme is better than SATA? thanks Type 2501

1 minute ago, Daannnyy said:

As far as I know Intel has always been #1

they currently are in the consumer space, but at a hefty premium. 

in HEDT they are beaten and in Server. (recent development circa 2017-18)

and currently they are on track to be beaten by Zen 2 in the consumer space Q2-Q3 this year. 

the next actually exiting thing Intel releases will be in 2020 though debetable when in 2020

33 minutes ago, voiha said:

I don't really advise you taking Aorus products as their software is...kinda bad, ASUS is a better choice if you're going to spend that big bucks

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

they currently are in the consumer space, but at a hefty premium. 

in HEDT they are beaten and in Server. (recent development circa 2017-18)

and currently they are on track to be beaten by Zen 2 in the consumer space Q2-Q3 this year. 

the next actually exiting thing Intel releases will be in 2020 though debetable when in 2020

Could you reccomend a similar price ASUS board? What about the ASUS Prime Z390-A?

Okay thanks for the information GoldenLag, Think i might stick with Intel though! As i want to order the PC within the next few days

3 minutes ago, Daannnyy said:

Okay thanks for the information GoldenLag, Think i might stick with Intel though! As i want to order the PC within the next few days

Sounds good. Im just advicing according to current market. Personally i think its unwise but its a nice CPU regardless.

4 minutes ago, Daannnyy said:

Could you reccomend a similar price ASUS board? What about the ASUS Prime Z390-A?

MSI board is currently the best. Asus is good but its pricey.

Id go with any of the Z390 boards from MSI and if you feel like throwing money at people, the MSI MEG Godlike series os currently the best of the best

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Sounds good. Im just advicing according to current market. Personally i think its unwise but its a nice CPU regardless.

Id go with any of the Z390 boards from MSI and if you feel like throwing money at people, the MSI MEG Godlike series os currently the best of the best

Thanks GoldenLag, you're a godsend! 

What SSD do think I should go with? Doing some research there's so many different types these days, I'm a bit overwhelmed haha

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

I agree with @GoldenLag , Z390-A would suit you best  no need for the more expensive z390-E which offers Wi-Fi, bluetooth 5

1 minute ago, Daannnyy said:

What SSD do think I should go with? Doing some research there's so many different types these days, I'm a bit overwhelmed haha

Well if you want to go with the best, you can always go for a Samsung 860 Evo but they are pricey, on the other spectrum the cheapest are Kingston A400 the middle bud will be Crucial MX500

You won't make mistake with any of those options, just pick the one that fits your budget, cheers!

4 minutes ago, voiha said:

I agree with @GoldenLag , Z390-A would suit you best  no need for the more expensive z390-E which offers Wi-Fi, bluetooth 5

Now that you mention it @voiha I have a pair of WH1000xm3s and would like to connect them to my PC over Bluetooth, what do you think about the MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC? I like it ALOT!

40 minutes ago, Daannnyy said:

Any SSD with cache.

In other words. Crucial mx500 or any samsung drive. 

Id grab a regular Sata SSD 2,5" as i take capacity over that little extra speed m.2 offers

37 minutes ago, Daannnyy said:

Now that you mention it @voiha I have a pair of WH1000xm3s and would like to connect them to my PC over Bluetooth, what do you think about the MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC? I like it ALOT!

What a long ass name albeit it seems like a great motherboard, a beast actually, it misses a heatsink of one of the m.2 but that's not a problem. 
The price is for enthusiast so it's not cheap but you wont' mistake with it.

11 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Any SSD with cache.

Id grab a regular Sata SSD 2,5" as i take capacity over that little extra speed m.2 offers

Will stick with the 860 then cant go wrong with 1tb.

7 minutes ago, voiha said:

What a long ass name albeit it seems like a great motherboard, a beast actually, it misses a heatsink of one of the m.2 but that's not a problem. 
The price is for enthusiast so it's not cheap but you wont' mistake with it.

Well thats that then! Thanks @voiha and @GoldenLag

50 minutes ago, Daannnyy said:

what do you think about the MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

AFAIK, it is a very solid board, with BOIS good enough (always a week point of MSI) and very strong vrm. If you like the look of it, go for it.

1 hour ago, Daannnyy said:

do you think the nvme is better than SATA

Nvme SSD runs on PCIe, unlike sata that split from the chipset, so it can reach speed 2x than SATA drive. Though the speed increase is only noticeable when you are loading large files (like editing 40mb RAW in LR, or editing 4k video that store in the nvme drive). And since it didn't need extra cables to connect to the MB (and PSU), it also makes your build looks cleaner. But sure it will cost more, but I still recommend it if you can afford one with useable capacity for future providing.

19 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Any SSD with cache.

I am not too sure but does the WD blue ssd has cache as well?

18 minutes ago, Type 2501 said:

I am not too sure but does the WD blue ssd has cache as well?

Think so. Though not shure. Samsung and crucial are cheaper (iirc) so why go with Western Digital. 

8 hours ago, voiha said:

And Asus VRM's suck on Z390 for most boards. I would rather have a inferior bios and better VRM's than the other way around.

7 hours ago, Daannnyy said:

The Gigabyte board you have is fine. The bios isn't as polished as Asus but they have far better VRM's at the same price point. The MSI boards are also pretty good but I think they also fall behind on the bios when compared to Asus. The Gaming Pro Carbon is solid though if you prefer that one.