Search YouTube by location

Hey everyone,

for a research project, I need to be able to find YouTube videos and YouTubers from a single country (specifically Namibia). There used to be a site that allowed you to find geotagged videos (however few those may be), but Google changed the APIs and it's not working anymore.

(This is that site: https://youtube.github.io/geo-search-tool/search.html)

Does anyone have an idea how I could accomplish that? 

I've tried setting my location to Namibia (but YouTube doesn't have that as an option). 

Socialblade seems like a good place to start

I've thought about cross-referencing other sites, especially facebook and twitter, as they seem to have more geotagging. 

But I can't seem to find a way to do that on YouTube natively...

Maybe someone has an idea - maybe fixing that issue is just one line of python or something, but I wouldn't know where to look...

Thanks in advance!

If google choose to close its api function, there's no way to find out.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

If google choose to close its api function, there's no way to find out.

But how did it work before? If that api function is gone, sure, but I thought maybe just some pointers need to be updated.

2 minutes ago, German_John said:

But how did it work before? If that api function is gone, sure, but I thought maybe just some pointers need to be updated.

No say you make a request : "get-location for video x" the api will reply : "NAM"

The new API will just say "error".

That is if google completely cut off the "get-location" function, if it just updated the command to "get-vid-location", then you just have to update the caller in the app.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w