Amd and Intel president on the wann show

Ryanwake

48 members have voted

1. 1. As YouTube's bugist everything tech Channel ltt is the best channel to do this on

• Lisa Sure and present
    • Gregory M. Bryant general manager
    • Both
    • Both amd first
    • Both Intel first
    • Nothing can be gained from this so I don't want to see it

3 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Yes, they probably would not hesitate, but there would have to be strict rules in place for no silly facial expressions for the thumbnail picture for the video, and a good title for the video. That is why its highly unlikely the CEO's would ever do it because Linus' stock is not up to snuff for their standards.

It's not like Linus is going to spill classified imfo, and I think they can debrief one person on what's ok and what's not ok.

Plus if it's a video interview, they can edit out anything they don't want us to know

Why would a reputable major corporation that has an image to uphold, go to a Chuckles Costume store for an interview. Now I dont know if there is even a Youtube channel for CNET but I'd believe they'd be at the top of the list. I dont know any other websites for tech that is mainstream and "normal" maybe just say they'd prefer to do a video with Bestbuy then Chuckles Cosutme store.

What are some of the websites

Anandtech or something

Either way, if Linus could get the inside scoop, I am sure the video would hit a million+ in now time!

I think it would be cool, but like I said, highly unlikely.

Would I like for it to happen?

Sure!

Would Linus wear dress shoes and a suit and tie? Who knows!

2 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

go to a Chuckles Costume store for an interview. 

Idk what that means, I'm taking about just comunicaon, not product reviews or givaways.

I'm talking about actually telling us their intentions.

If they want us to trust them maybe they could start with the thruth, just the facts.

U said they have an image to uphold, are u talking about their shareholders or how suspicious their customers are.

12 minutes ago, Ryanwake said:

U said they have an image to uphold, are u talking about their shareholders or how suspicious their customers are

That is another good point, shareholders. But I'll skip that.

Intel and AMD both have images they have to uphold. It is marketing, Intel is better then AMD, AMD is better then Intel. Big, strong, reliable, will never break, will last forever, 1,000,000,000,000 GHz zero lag, zero errors, good for 100 yrs.

Now look at Linus' video's from afar, the thumbnails. Is this something those companies want to associate with?

Yes, Linus has a following, a certain demographic whether it be age, race, sex whatever it is. Now look at who has the buying power in American households, the women. It is just another angle to look at is all I am saying, nothing more. Chuckles Costume store, is like a clown, it was a nicer way of saying clownish and silly because that is the "face" of LTT. Laughing, dark black shades on, suprised look, shocked look.

As I said, it would be cool if the ceo interview would happen. But that is as far as I am going to go on this matter. I would like to switch up the conversation, and put it back onto you. What would you like for Linus to talk to the CEO's about, like whats in the bag for the next generation. Its all quite tight lipped right, they are holding their cards close to their chests. Not something they'd make breaking news about. I would personally like to know how small they think they can get in terms of nm before a complete change needs to happen for faster speeds and where exactly is that technology wall.

22 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

That is another good point, shareholders. But I'll skip that.

Intel and AMD both have images they have to uphold. It is marketing, Intel is better then AMD, AMD is better then Intel. Big, strong, reliable, will never break, will last forever, 1,000,000,000,000 GHz zero lag, zero errors, good for 100 yrs.

Now look at Linus' video's from afar, the thumbnails. Is this something those companies want to associate with?

Yes, Linus has a following, a certain demographic whether it be age, race, sex whatever it is. Now look at who has the buying power in American households, the women. It is just another angle to look at is all I am saying, nothing more. Chuckles Costume store, is like a clown, it was a nicer way of saying clownish and silly because that is the "face" of LTT. Laughing, dark black shades on, suprised look, shocked look.

As I said, it would be cool if the ceo interview would happen. But that is as far as I am going to go on this matter. I would like to switch up the conversation, and put it back onto you. What would you like for Linus to talk to the CEO's about, like whats in the bag for the next generation. Its all quite tight lipped right, they are holding their cards close to their chests. Not something they'd make breaking news about. I would personally like to know how small they think they can get in terms of nm before a complete change needs to happen for faster speeds and where exactly is that technology wall.

How small and fast can cpu's get that's a good question.

*Problems with 10 and 7 nm

*Explain some of they decisions they have maid

*Intel and AMD ide like to hear about their ideas for future projects and what neash they want to fill

*Any ideas for more powerful laptops with long battery life

*Could we see 360° laptop's that can emulate GameCube/WiiU/3ds for $300 this year

*Nintendo switch emulating on a $1000 laptop in 2019, I think that means 6cores and 1060+

*Y go through a big company to game stream on the go, if u have a going PC at home? Could we see something like steam steam over the network with ac wifi in 2019?

*Duel/quad channel in a single stick of ram, or explain y it can't work

*How long until 1tb phones, and how long until 1 tb ssds are as common as a 1tb hard drive is now

On 1/15/2019 at 5:09 PM, Ryanwake said:

Intel doesn't have a "President" aka CEO right now. They only have an interims CEO at best.

But besides that, what would be gained, why should they come?
They have better things to do like - leading a company for example...

And they have other dudes to do the Public Relations work...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

5 hours ago, Canada EH said:

...and he is probably known as the guy that got famous for dropping expensive stuff...

Nothing against Linus as he makes fun of this stuff all the time...

Anyway, back to the Topic:

5 hours ago, Ryanwake said:

*Problems with 10 and 7 nm

Wouldn't get a good/honest answer, only some Marketing/PR-Bullshit.

*Explain some of they decisions they have maid

See above, they wouldn't answer honestly, only the usual PR Bullshit nobody cares about

*Intel and AMD ide like to hear about their ideas for future projects and what neash they want to fill

Ähm, RLY??
Why should they openly discuss the future projects openly? Especially with the competition right next to them??

You don't do that.

Because you don't want the competition to know what you're doing. You want to have the best product.

Something like Ryzen.

It was better than expected when it arrived...

And Intel needed like 2 years to increase the core count to 8 - after 10 years 4 Core.

*Any ideas for more powerful laptops with long battery life

Yeah, 7nm Ryzen :P

Besides that, that's stuff their Partners are responsible fore, not they themselves.

Everyone can do an awesome gaming PC with 10h Battery life. Might weight 10kg and cost 5000€ but its totally possible...

*Could we see 360° laptop's that can emulate GameCube/WiiU/3ds for $300 this year

WHAT?!
Why'd you ask them??

And what's a "360° Laptop".

Especially since the Emulation is done by inofficial sources and might not even be legal in every Country.

And the WiiU Emulation sucks because those people used OpenGL and didn't switch to Vulkan...

They still haven't. And blame other people for their mistakes.

Besides that, the GC/Wii Emulator looks rather good. WiiU emulation you'd better forget it beause of the Pad. 

Same with 3DS. Its too specific to be well emulated without the Hardware needed.

*Nintendo switch emulating on a $1000 laptop in 2019, I think that means 6cores and 1060+

Again, Nonsense Question...

*Duel/quad channel in a single stick of ram, or explain y it can't work

First we already have Dual or rather Octachannel Memory.

You probably didn't realize it because you didn't know about the 8bit wide SIMM, later 32bit PS/2 SIM and now the 64bit wide SIMMs.

Or about the RDRAM Sticks. Both the "Single Channel" and the "Dual Channel" ones.

Its not done because of pincount limitations. "normal" DIMMs are already fairly large. To get the additional 64bit in there would mean like 50% more contacts. And you can't make the DIMM bigger as there is no space. Its already fairly large...

*How long until 1tb phones, and how long until 1 tb ssds are as common as a 1tb hard drive is now

Ask the Phone manufacturers.

That's not something to ask AMD or Intel.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

...and he is probably known as the guy that got famous for dropping expensive stuff...

Nothing against Linus as he makes fun of this stuff all the time...

Anyway, back to the Topic:

Wouldn't get a good/honest answer, only some Marketing/PR-Bullshit.

See above, they wouldn't answer honestly, only the usual PR Bullshit nobody cares about

Ähm, RLY??
Why should they openly discuss the future projects openly? Especially with the competition right next to them??

You don't do that.

Because you don't want the competition to know what you're doing. You want to have the best product.

Something like Ryzen.

It was better than expected when it arrived...

And Intel needed like 2 years to increase the core count to 8 - after 10 years 4 Core.

Yeah, 7nm Ryzen :P

Besides that, that's stuff their Partners are responsible fore, not they themselves.

Everyone can do an awesome gaming PC with 10h Battery life. Might weight 10kg and cost 5000€ but its totally possible...

WHAT?!
Why'd you ask them??

And what's a "360° Laptop".

Especially since the Emulation is done by inofficial sources and might not even be legal in every Country.

And the WiiU Emulation sucks because those people used OpenGL and didn't switch to Vulkan...

They still haven't. And blame other people for their mistakes.

Besides that, the GC/Wii Emulator looks rather good. WiiU emulation you'd better forget it beause of the Pad. 

Same with 3DS. Its too specific to be well emulated without the Hardware needed.

Again, Nonsense Question...

First we already have Dual or rather Octachannel Memory.

You probably didn't realize it because you didn't know about the 8bit wide SIMM, later 32bit PS/2 SIM and now the 64bit wide SIMMs.

Or about the RDRAM Sticks. Both the "Single Channel" and the "Dual Channel" ones.

Its not done because of pincount limitations. "normal" DIMMs are already fairly large. To get the additional 64bit in there would mean like 50% more contacts. And you can't make the DIMM bigger as there is no space. Its already fairly large...

Ask the Phone manufacturers.

That's not something to ask AMD or Intel.

*First of all I was ask the question what would I ask, Nintendo switch emulating on a laptop, I wanted to get their opinion on the future of portable performance, and I would start the conversation there.

*Second of all if they want to give us some PR bulshit they can do that whenever they want, if they read you this it would be just to boost my reputation and give quality Community feedback convincing people to buy their brand.

*The 3DS emulator in question was more about why that level of performance was so expensive specifically that price range of laptops is not very efficient, by that I mean a $400 laptop is equivalent to a $400 computer including the screen keyboard and mouse. it should be cheaper considering they can get these or it's a lot cheaper than you can for desktop components

-= Locked =-

I believe this has run its course.

Discussion has devolved in to argument.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER