Which company does Linus has bias towards and which company does he have bias against?

IBAE
Go to solution Solved by Lathlaer,
1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

He has very little bias towards any one particular brand But he has admitted have some towards AMD not Nvidia, He has mentioned this many times.

Agreed. From his videos it's clear that he has at least a slight preference towards AMD which is fueled by his desire for a healthy competition on the GPU and CPU market.

But people see what they want to see and cherry pick his videos to reinforce their preconceived notions.

He does have a preference towards Razer laptops though which is (I think) as far from tech enthusiast preference as possible. 

Also, ASUS. He doesn't have anything against, say, EVGA or GIGABYTE but he does work with ASUS more closely (ROG reboot)

I am a meme creator. The next meme is based on Linus's bias. I've been watching for years, so I assumed I know what Linus bias is. When I thought about it, Linus takes a dump on every company and sometimes on the same company which sponsors the video. (wha....) Does he have any bias? If yes, can you give me a reference?

Vessel

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

I get the impression that he's biased towards Nvidia and usually biased against AMD (although that's changed a tiny bit recently).

He's quite a big supported of Google through G Suite and other stuff so I'd say he's biased towards them.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

14 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I get the impression that he's biased towards Nvidia and usually biased against AMD (although that's changed a tiny bit recently).

He's quite a big supported of Google through G Suite and other stuff so I'd say he's biased towards them.

good one... but apple against for samsung a bit too...

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

good one... but apple against for samsung a bit too...

He is critical of Apple but is he really has bias against Apple? He used iPhone for all these years except for when the new Note came out. Is he really though?

2 minutes ago, IBAE said:

He is critical of Apple but is he really has bias against Apple? He used iPhone for all these years except for when the new Note came out. Is he really though?

I would say from the 7 and later he does...

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I would say from the 7 and later he does...

Alright, I'll take your word for that. Thanks man

Just now, IBAE said:

Alright, I'll take your word for that. Thanks man

just watch a video on him covering a apple product... you'll see

Research for a meme. 

This better be a good meme.

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

2 minutes ago, Rhyss said:

Research for a meme. 

Meanwhile take a look at my previous meme. Go through my profile.

3 hours ago, IBAE said:

iPhone

Security measures are good for apple

It is a selling feature that Apple has been playing on in their marketing, even with the authorities, Apple plays them like a fool, free publicity is good publicity.

@IBAE

3 hours ago, RumSwift said:

Research for a meme. 

The prophecy has come true

Linus is an old man so he likes his headphone jack. Terrible bias against Apple and OnePlus. 

9 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Linus is an old man so he likes his headphone jack. Terrible bias against Apple and OnePlus. 

The meme was done and posted. Thanks anyways

Just now, IBAE said:

The meme was done and posted. Thanks anyways

Just like the headphone jack

gut feeling, but due to the distinct lack of Huawei Matebook X PRO and Huawei Matebook 13 coverage on his channel and actually any of their top of the line products ive come to think he has some grudge towards either reviewing the products or the company (though it can be as simple as Huawei not giving them review models due to Linus not liking EMUI)

54 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Just like the headphone jack

images.jpeg.124a549cb4f818bfbf484ffbf12bedf6.jpeg

7 hours ago, IBAE said:

I am a meme creator.

Now that is a good meme

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

He has very little bias towards any one particular brand But he has admitted have some towards AMD not Nvidia, He has mentioned this many times.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

Agreed. From his videos it's clear that he has at least a slight preference towards AMD which is fueled by his desire for a healthy competition on the GPU and CPU market.

But people see what they want to see and cherry pick his videos to reinforce their preconceived notions.

He does have a preference towards Razer laptops though which is (I think) as far from tech enthusiast preference as possible. 

Also, ASUS. He doesn't have anything against, say, EVGA or GIGABYTE but he does work with ASUS more closely (ROG reboot)

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

4 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Or Linus is biased because being an enthusiast he likes having a standardized connector on a phone as opposed to living the dongle life.