Browser game tool

tropicano

Hello everyone!

It's been some time I have posted in the forum...

This time I won't ask about hardware, my question is in a programming topic. I've decided to combine my hobby (gaming) and my future job (programming).

So I've seen people writing software (hacks/tools) to help them advance in the game, against the terms of conditions of course (sadly). I was wondering how? I don't know what to ask honestly.

What is the process of creating such tools? What language?

For example: In a game, there is an auction house, every auction is one hour. There are tools that bid a minimum amount over the current highest bid, in the last 10 seconds of the bid.

I am really curious how is this software written.

Thanks in advance!

If it's a browser game, technically you can use any language that can send HTTP requests. Everything else comes to personal preference

🙂

Cracking & modding tools (or hacking if you use incorrect terminology) can be written in nearly any language. 

I won’t go any further (even deleted my information) I’ve gotten too many warnings & close calls for discussing questionable subjects. 

If you get a degree in computers however, you’ll know everything you need to know. But at that point you’ll have the opportunity to make plenty of money & likely won’t care anymore. 

-= Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 1/13/2019 at 9:16 AM, tropicano said:

Hello everyone!

It's been some time I have posted in the forum...

This time I won't ask about hardware, my question is in a programming topic. I've decided to combine my hobby (gaming) and my future job (programming).

So I've seen people writing software (hacks/tools) to help them advance in the game, against the terms of conditions of course (sadly). I was wondering how? I don't know what to ask honestly.

What is the process of creating such tools? What language?

For example: In a game, there is an auction house, every auction is one hour. There are tools that bid a minimum amount over the current highest bid, in the last 10 seconds of the bid.

I am really curious how is this software written.

Thanks in advance!

You browser game currently display the information about the auction house to you through the browser. This mean the webpage probably generate the timer and have some javascript variable locally that update a <DIV> (very likely or another field) with the time remaining and the current bid value must be displayed in the same screen. You want to make a parser as simple as that. You read the content of your webpage parse it to find the field of the timer and the value and if the value is not your last bid you automate filling the big value box (again i assume as it's pretty standard im pretty sure it's like that) and then automate the click on the bid button.

I would make this fall into BOT tools as this uses informations you can already access and all you are doing is automate a process that can be done with your eyes and mouse. As for games then the legality of this is usually told to you in the user agreement. Doing parsing is nowhere illegal unless agreement say so.

Some site even offer API for you to use instead of parsing to reduce the higher load a parsing takes on their website.

Since most site are using javascript it mean it's nearly completely local and you can modify their things (and possibility screw things up) very easily. some fun things to do is you can skin the game to your liking and change the menu location, add new quick links, change the view. All that is possible using parsing and is easy to grapple but can be very long to code and test.

As for what language then it's pretty easy. All language that have a web request feature. Anything that can read the HTML of an URL can do that auction house tool you are talking about. A quick list of very common languages that can do this very easily : C++, C#, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, Javascript, Delphi/Pascal. The list is nearly limitless.