Emails and Photos

DrZooX

Hey,

I am wondering if this idea is possible. I want to set up and email address to collect photo from a wedding then have them download and automatically and then showing in a photo slide show. Can this be automated? If so how?

Thanks

Can be in theory using few programs. Eudora 7 old email client that store all attachments in separate folder (unlink them while receiving), then use filter to start other program after email receive - some filemanager like directory opus that can upload all attachments to ftp server or ftp client that do the same. But far simplest will be creating php procedure that allows users to upload your photos directly to server with some password and tell people to use it instead email.

11 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

But far simplest will be creating php procedure that allows users to upload your photos directly to server with some password and tell people to use it instead email.

Or yet better, as I imagine this is for people with smart devices, is to setup shared cloud folder where everyone just adds photos. Then you can download photos from there to slideshow. Or use some app to do slideshow directly from that folder.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Or yet better, as I imagine this is for people with smart devices, is to setup shared cloud folder where everyone just adds photos. Then you can download photos from there to slideshow. Or use some app to do slideshow directly from that folder.

Of course that is better - but for who? For guy that creates slideshow - yes. For people who don't know how to use modern apps and shared cloud? No, they just send email because it is all they know. Try to learn older generation how to use cloud image services - and do it for all people who shot photos on wedding. I bet they will not understand or even want to learn anything new. I have problems sometimes with people who don't know how to send me single photo from phone so I understand the problem.