CPU- Ryzen 5 2600

GPU- MSI 1070 gaming X

Mobo- MSI B450 tomahawk

RAM- G.Skill Trident-Z 16GB 3200mhz

PSU- Seasonic Focus Plus 750 gold

HDD- 2TB Barracuda

SSD- Samsung 860 EVO 250GB

CASE- NZXT H500

I will also be using one extra Corsair af120 and one af140 fan. Also, as I've seen from reviews, the stock cooler of the ryzen 5 2600 isn't as good as the wraith spire one of the 1600, so I will be buying the Arctic Freezer 33 Esports ONE for better cooling and overclocking. And now a couple questions for you:

1) Is this build good? Should I change anything for something else? Is there anything unnecessary in this build?I will be playing in 1080p 144hz games like Far cry Primal, Far cry 5, Battlefield 5, Witcher 3 etc.

2) Will the 3200mhz ram work fine with this motherboard or will I have to overclock it to reach that speed?

3) Gamers Nexus made a video about the h500 and seems like there will be almost no changes to temperatures with 2 fans intake at the front of the case. So, should i just have two fans (one on the rear and one at the top) as exhausts without any intake fans? 

I will gladly accept any reply. Really need some help. Thank you guys! 

5 minutes ago, Manuel-KLG said:

I will be playing in 1080p 144hz games like Far cry Primal, Far cry 5, Battlefield 5, Witcher 3 etc.

2) Will the 3200mhz ram

Speed doesnt matter much after about 2700-2800

what settings do you play the games on?

9 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

For Ryzen the sweet spot is 2933-3200.

You may need to manually configure memory timings and speed, but it should work, as long as you have the latest BIOS.

Overall it looks good. Almost like you’ve done this before and you know what parts not to pick. Technically all ram over the JEDEC standard of 2133 is an overclock, but a 3200 MHz speed kit is guaranteed to work at that speed, so it’s not really overclocking in the true sense of the word. The build will work great for 1080p 144Hz gaming.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Thanks a lot ! I was worried at first because I've heard from people that their 3200mhz ram was running at 2933 speed. Any ideas about what should I do with the airflow on the h500? Should I add any extra fans or just leave it with two exhausts and no intake fans?

55 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Overall it looks good. Almost like you’ve done this before and you know what parts not to pick. Technically all ram over the JEDEC standard of 2133 is an overclock, but a 3200 MHz speed kit is guaranteed to work at that speed, so it’s not really overclocking in the true sense of the word. The build will work great for 1080p 144Hz gaming.

JEDEC speeds cover up to 3200 now, the spec was amended several times since 2133 was the top official speed.  Technically 2133 is the minimum speed for consumer DDR4 under the current spec.

Welcome to the forum!
You've made your first rookie mistake; you never bother planning out a build until you're good and ready to build and have cash in hand. It's kind of pointless to plan a build now, since you don't know what the pricing of components will be like that far into the future. With that said, I'd consider the following:

• AMD is supposed to release new CPU/GPUs by then. I'd probably look for those.
  • We're set to see a huge reduction in SSD costs. I'd probably wait, and spend a touch more on either a 1tb/1tb set up, or full 2tb SSD.

As for your build as it is:

• The RTX 2060 is a better video card for less money.
  • I'd get an aftermarket cooler.
  • Personally, I'd avoid MSI motherboards. Had nothing but bad luck with them. YMMV.
18 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Actually the point of diminishing returns is 3600mhz. You'll still see performance gains right up to that point on both Intel and AMD.

The times, they are a'changin'.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

6 hours ago, dizmo said:

Welcome to the forum!
You've made your first rookie mistake; you never bother planning out a build until you're good and ready to build and have cash in hand. It's kind of pointless to plan a build now, since you don't know what the pricing of components will be like that far into the future. With that said, I'd consider the following:

• AMD is supposed to release new CPU/GPUs by then. I'd probably look for those.
  • We're set to see a huge reduction in SSD costs. I'd probably wait, and spend a touch more on either a 1tb/1tb set up, or full 2tb SSD.

As for your build as it is:

• The RTX 2060 is a better video card for less money.
  • I'd get an aftermarket cooler.
  • Personally, I'd avoid MSI motherboards. Had nothing but bad luck with them. YMMV.

Actually the point of diminishing returns is 3600mhz. You'll still see performance gains right up to that point on both Intel and AMD.

The times, they are a'changin'.

Well, I have chosen the parts and I will wait to see if the prices go down or not. I'm thinking of buying one part at a time instead all at once. Is that a bad choice? 

2TB SSD costs like 270+ euro here. I think that's wayy too much.

As for the rtx 2060, I hadn't even thought about it. Thanks a lot for informing me ! So is the 2060 something like a 1070 ti?

Why an aftermarket cooler tho?

I've chosen the MSI because from all the B450 motherboards and 1070 graphics cards, the msi version gets the best reviews.

Thanks for your reply!

Buy enough parts when you start to have a functional computer at the very least, or don't buy anything and save up.

You need to be able to test parts as you get them so you can return anything that does not function properly.

17 minutes ago, Manuel-KLG said:

Well, I have chosen the parts and I will wait to see if the prices go down or not. I'm thinking of buying one part at a time instead all at once. Is that a bad choice? 

2TB SSD costs like 270+ euro here. I think that's wayy too much.

As for the rtx 2060, I hadn't even thought about it. Thanks a lot for informing me ! So is the 2060 something like a 1070 ti?

Why an aftermarket cooler tho?

I've chosen the MSI because from all the B450 motherboards and 1070 graphics cards, the msi version gets the best reviews.

Thanks for your reply!

Extremely bad decision, for the exact reason I mentioned in my first post.

SSDs are set to drop massively in price over the next few months.

The 2060, when overclocked, is generally as fast as or faster than a 1080.

An aftermarket cooler for better cooling.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

34 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Extremely bad decision, for the exact reason I mentioned in my first post.

SSDs are set to drop massively in price over the next few months.

The 2060, when overclocked, is generally as fast as or faster than a 1080.

An aftermarket cooler for better cooling.

I thought that buying one part at a time would be better in case the prices rise again. I was searching for a gaming pc since January of 2018 but back then, GPU and ram prices were crazy, so im just afraid that the same thing may happen again.

If the rtx 2060 is better than a 1070ti then why is the price so low? 

1 minute ago, Manuel-KLG said:

I thought that buying one part at a time would be better in case the prices rise again. I was searching for a gaming pc since January of 2018 but back then, GPU and ram prices were crazy, so im just afraid that the same thing may happen again.

If you do not have interest in RTX, a 1070 Ti at a lower price is a better deal.

51 minutes ago, Manuel-KLG said:

No. Computer parts, generally, drop in price, not rise. Unless there's things like shortages, mining, etc. There's a reason the prices fluctuate, it's not random.

Because that's how generational improvements work.

49 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

If you do not have interest in RTX, a 1070 Ti at a lower price is a better deal.

If one can find such a thing...

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

9 hours ago, dizmo said:

No. Computer parts, generally, drop in price, not rise. Unless there's things like shortages, mining, etc. There's a reason the prices fluctuate, it's not random.

Because that's how generational improvements work.

Alright I see. I will go with the 2060 then and I guess I will wait until MSI or Asus publish their own version of it. Is my CPU good for the rtx 2060 or will I have to buy a better one?

Any modern/current CPU that is an I5 or R5 or better should be fine with up to a 2070 or 2080.  The CPU may get in the way if you are looking for extremely high FPS at 1080p with top end cards, but if you plan on using 1440p/4k/RTX it will be sufficient.

The higher your resolution and the higher your graphics quality settings, the less of an impact your CPU will have on performance.

28 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Any modern/current CPU that is an I5 or R5 or better should be fine with up to a 2070 or 2080.  The CPU may get in the way if you are looking for extremely high FPS at 1080p with top end cards, but if you plan on using 1440p/4k/RTX it will be sufficient.

The higher your resolution and the higher your graphics quality settings, the less of an impact your CPU will have on performance.

Ah I get it. But, if I buy the 2060, should I buy a 1440p 144hz monitor too (since I will have saved some more money)  or should I stick with the 1080p 144hz? I've heard that higher resolution monitors can destroy your card much faster. I don't want to buy a new card in two years from now. 

1440p is the way to go for the 2060 TBH, unless you are expecting to maintain 144 FPS in more than just e-sports titles.

As you increase resolution, the GPU becomes more important than the CPU.  And the 2060 should generally be fine for 1440p @ ~100hz.  Even in "future" games you should still be able to hit 100+ FPS, but you may need to tone settings down from ultra to high or medium, which does not usually have a huge impact on visual quality.

Even so, to maintain 144 FPS in heavier titles, you would need significantly higher CPU clocks (from what I have seen).  With Ryzen its best to expect ~100 FPS in games that are more complex, and ~200 FPS in games that are generally in the e-sports category.

Ryzen 3000 series looks to be a viable CPU upgrade in the future if you go 2600 now, as it should have significantly higher clocks.

1 hour ago, KarathKasun said:

1440p is the way to go for the 2060 TBH, unless you are expecting to maintain 144 FPS in more than just e-sports titles.

As you increase resolution, the GPU becomes more important than the CPU.  And the 2060 should generally be fine for 1440p @ ~100hz.  Even in "future" games you should still be able to hit 100+ FPS, but you may need to tone settings down from ultra to high or medium, which does not usually have a huge impact on visual quality.

Even so, to maintain 144 FPS in heavier titles, you would need significantly higher CPU clocks (from what I have seen).  With Ryzen its best to expect ~100 FPS in games that are more complex, and ~200 FPS in games that are generally in the e-sports category.

Ryzen 3000 series looks to be a viable CPU upgrade in the future if you go 2600 now, as it should have significantly higher clocks.

I've watched Gamer's Nexus video review about the rtx 2060 and the card doesnt really reach 100fps at 1440p in game titles like far cry 5, battlefield 5, tomb raider etc.. The FPS is more like between 60 and 80 I would say. To use 1440p 100hz means that you can reach 100fps while playing at 1440p resolution, right? To achieve that I guess I will have to tone setting down as you said. What if I just go for a safer option and just buy 1080p 144hz monitor? 

1 minute ago, Manuel-KLG said:

I've watched Gamer's Nexus video review about the rtx 2060 and the card doesnt really reach 100fps at 1440p in game titles like far cry 5, battlefield 5, tomb raider etc.. The FPS is more like between 60 and 80 I would say. To use 1440p 100hz means that you can reach 100fps while playing at 1440p resolution, right? To achieve that I guess I will have to tone setting down as you said. What if I just go for a safer option and just buy 1080p 144hz monitor? 

You would be closer to what the GPU is capable of, but you are moving away from what the CPU is capable of in some games.

4 hours ago, Manuel-KLG said:

Alright I see. I will go with the 2060 then and I guess I will wait until MSI or Asus publish their own version of it. Is my CPU good for the rtx 2060 or will I have to buy a better one?

Yeah it's fine, but honestly if you're not building until late April, just wait another month or two and get the new AMD chip.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler