My rig - Zalman Z9 plus

Craving_Bacon

Not been on this forum long so figured I'd put a pics up of my machine! 

Recently upgraded from an FX4100 to an FX8320, added an extra 8GB of RAM (to a total of 16GB) and added 2 corsair SP fans to the roof. 

Pics were taken just before the new RAM was installed however haha. I was too eager to take them last night!

I'm debating whether or not to put some LED strips in there.

post-52221-0-07602100-1389642554_thumb.j

post-52221-0-18029000-1389642565_thumb.j

post-52221-0-04529400-1389642580_thumb.j 

Cheers guys :)

UPDATED: Just took another photo with all the RAM in this time. I know 16GB is kinda overkill, but I think it looks better without empty slots :D

post-52221-0-38249300-1389644404_thumb.j

More pics further down

Nice rig!

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

Nice. How loud is the video card? Just curious, might get one similar if I don't get the 660 I want.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Nice rig!

Cheers! :)

Nice. How loud is the video card? Just curious, might get one similar if I don't get the 660 I want.

Well this is my first proper rig so I don't have experience of other GPUs to compare with, however I'd say It's not noticeably loud.

When I first got it, It used to get some coil whine under load but it seems to be fine now I've run it for a while. Hope that's helpful to you :)  

EVGA blower fans are fairly quiet. Although they do get loud like any other cooler if you run them 30+ %. You can control all EVGA GPU fans using EVGA Precision X. I have the 680 Classified though so they might be different. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Wow that is one amazing looking rig!!!

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Sweet! Leds may completelly overshine the lighting effect.

Wow that is one amazing looking rig!!!

Thanks! I'm really happy with it too :D

Planning on putting another 660 in at some point (probably not for a while though) in SLI, think that will make it look even better!

Thanks! I'm really happy with it too :D

Planning on putting another 660 at some point (probably not for a while though) in SLI, think that will make it look even better!

That will be epic....

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

how did you get that fan in the bay ? is it atached?

I used cable ties through the drive mounting holes from the top. Works perfectly and gives really good airflow to the GPU, I'd recommend it if you have enough room. I see you have the same case :)

SOMEONE OTHER THEN ME WITH A Z9 HELL YEAH.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Sweet! Leds may completelly overshine the lighting effect.

Yeah, true.

When the side panel is on it looks completely dark inside though. I normally run with the panel off though tbf!

That will be epic....

I hope so! At the moment I'm happy with performance so another £150 for the sake of aesthetics is a bit too much haha... for now anyway ;) It is really tempting me though!

SOMEONE OTHER THEN ME WITH A Z9 HELL YEAH.

Haha awesome! It's amazing, I can't believe how reasonably priced it is as well 

Haha awesome! It's amazing, I can't believe how reasonably priced it is as well 

I get all confused when i recommend this case and then someone is like for the same price you could get the fractal core 1000 which is a complete rip off compared to this case

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I get all confused when i recommend this case and then someone is like for the same price you could get the fractal core 1000 which is a complete rip off compared to this case

Exactly!! There was actually a core 1000 side by side with this in the shop when I bought it, I initially looked at the 1000 and assumed the z9 would be at least double the price just from the way it looked...

I was really surprised they were so similarly priced

Nice rig

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

I used cable ties through the drive mounting holes from the top. Works perfectly and gives really good airflow to the GPU, I'd recommend it if you have enough room. I see you have the same case :)

I done it... But at the front of the case ha ha I did mine with cable ties too....

I done it... But at the front of the case ha ha I did mine with cable ties too....

Ahh nice :) Hopefully you should see temperatures go down with the extra fresh air blowing in from the front

interesting lighting :P

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)