What is this on my bottom left of my screen?

Msuni

What is the white box in the bottom left hand corner? It only overlaps fullscreen YouTube videos. It is still there when im doing something else but just doesnt block what is there? It also means that i cant click the pause/play buttons etc. I have had the problem of not being able to click there for awhile but i couldnt see the white box then, now i know the area of which the monitor is dead? I guess i dunno if that's what it is. Any help would be great. Thanks. :)

Screenshot (8).png

6 minutes ago, gorgonzola5000 said:

Maybe try deleting cookies?

Just tried that and nothing, it isn't exclusive to Chrome it's there on the desktop as well. Just found out that if i click on it, it then overlaps the task bar as well, so i cant click on anything under it either. :(

Screenshot (10).png

10 minutes ago, October22nd said:

Just tried that and nothing, it isn't exclusive to Chrome it's there on the desktop as well. Just found out that if i click on it, it then overlaps the task bar as well, so i cant click on anything under it either. :(

Screenshot (10).png

Had a similar issue years ago. Turned out it was some program that wanted to put an always on top information bar.

You might have something running you don't know about

22 minutes ago, October22nd said:

Screenshot (10).png

Simple test for hardware failure. Reboot your PC to BIOS, does the box go away?

If your monitor was dying it wouldn't prevent you from clicking inside the dead area.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 10:25 PM, Master Disaster said:

Simple test for hardware failure. Reboot your PC to BIOS, does the box go away?

If your monitor was dying it wouldn't prevent you from clicking inside the dead area.

Sorry for the rather late reply, been busy with work etc. Anyway, when I boot into the bios the white box isn't there. What would this mean? That it isn't a hardware issue? :)

2 hours ago, October22nd said:

Sorry for the rather late reply, been busy with work etc. Anyway, when I boot into the bios the white box isn't there. What would this mean? That it isn't a hardware issue? :)

More than likely yes. It's something software related.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

This is definitely a program that is keeping an always on top banner. 

Cheack your start up programs, if there is anything you dont recognize or dont need turn it off. Then reboot.

You should also run virus and malware scans, I have seen a malicious program do something similar before.

If you are unsure about any programs that are running post a screen capture of your task manager, most of use here can help