New Pc (will this all be compatible and work?)

JordanGill

So, i have decided to try to build a pc myself for the first time. i have general knolage on how to build a pc so that isn't much of an issue. i just have a few questions to ask about if all the parts would be compatible:

In addition with this case https://www.cclonline.com/product/266518/RAINBOW-R3/Cases/1st-Player-Rainbow-R3-Mid-Tower-ATX-Case-with-RGB-Front-Panel/CAS3551/ . The reason i am building this pc is because my old one is becoming outdated and abit unreliable, also it doesn't run at fps above 20 on pretty much any game and doesn't have the power required to get a new gpu. My budget is £700 but i am investing in getting a good monitor and peripherals with my pc. Thankyou so much for the help xD  I totaly forgot but the gpu is a 1050ti KALM ,, also i already have a ssd with windows 10 installed but i put that in there anyways

If you don't buy a 1440p @144 Hz Monitor there is no Point in a 1070 ti. And matched with a i3 is kind of bottelnecking at its best. And don't ever use 1 stick of RAM if you can help it. Dual Channel is just to strong to let it un used

8 minutes ago, JordanGill said:

So, i have decided to try to build a pc myself for the first time. i have general knolage on how to build a pc so that isn't much of an issue. i just have a few questions to ask about if all the parts would be compatible:

In addition with this case https://www.cclonline.com/product/266518/RAINBOW-R3/Cases/1st-Player-Rainbow-R3-Mid-Tower-ATX-Case-with-RGB-Front-Panel/CAS3551/ . The reason i am building this pc is because my old one is becoming outdated and abit unreliable, also it doesn't run at fps above 20 on pretty much any game and doesn't have the power required to get a new gpu. My budget is £700 but i am investing in getting a good monitor and peripherals with my pc. Thankyou so much for the help xD  I totaly forgot but the gpu is a 1050ti KALM ,, also i already have a ssd with windows 10 installed but i put that in there anyways

Dont get a Z370 chipset with an i3 processor, get a ryzen 5 2600 and a b450 motherboard and dual channel ram at 3000mhz the rest looks good :) 

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

yes yes i would agree on this :) 

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

I'm assuming you picked a high end board with a low end CPU because you want to upgrade in the future or something?

3 minutes ago, Manderis said:

If you don't buy a 1440p @144 Hz Monitor there is no Point in a 1070 ti. 

I'm sticking with my 1080p ultrawide for the time being, OP can go with the same path and just buy a more suitable monitor later. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

Thankyou, like i have never even looked at pc parts before about 2 days ago, Thanks so much for the help XD

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I'm assuming you picked a high end board with a low end CPU because you want to upgrade in the future or something?

I'm sticking with my 1080p ultrawide for the time being, OP can go with the same path and just buy a more suitable monitor later. 

Yeah, im 15 and my birthaday is in like 2 months and my current pc freezes and all sorts when i try to load up games, its just something to put me on for a few months xD

2 minutes ago, JordanGill said:

Thankyou, like i have never even looked at pc parts before about 2 days ago, Thanks so much for the help XD

well, I've done it more than twice, or 10, or 100, or 1000... or more... you're welcome

13 minutes ago, JordanGill said:

This is something that you never want to do- a single stick of ram. You're better off just going with either a 2x8 (preferably) or a 2x4 (if you don't have enough money) because it will allow for dual channel ram. A single stick will cut your ram bandwith in half, so beware. Good luck!