The PC Secret Shopper Videos were Missing a Manufacturer.

Don't get me wrong - I very much enjoyed the four PC Secret Shopper videos posted on the Linus tech Tips channel, but I couldn't help notice the absence of some manufacturers. I understand that there was a limited budget, but there was only a little bit of a mention of ASUS & ROG, which is fine and all (considering how much ROG was already on the channel, with the reboot videos), but how come there was (at least basically) no mention of Acer/Predator or Lenovo/Legion? I'm trying not to sound like the mean woman in the White Castle who wants to talk to the manager because they ran out of mustard, and I do love the channel and its videos.

3 minutes ago, TheFinnishYankee said:

Don't get me wrong - I very much enjoyed the four PC Secret Shopper videos posted on the Linus tech Tips channel, but I couldn't help notice the absence of some manufacturers. I understand that there was a limited budget, but there was only a little bit of a mention of ASUS & ROG, which is fine and all (considering how much ROG was already on the channel, with the reboot videos), but how come there was (at least basically) no mention of Acer/Predator or Lenovo/Legion? I'm trying not to sound like the mean woman in the White Castle who wants to talk to the manager because they ran out of mustard, and I do love the channel and its videos.

to be fair they weren't just doing secret shopper for computer brands. It was specifically System Integrators

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

17 minutes ago, TheFinnishYankee said:

I think at the end of the day, the System Integrators they chose are the most prominent and popular among non-enthusiast PC gamers. At least in the States and Canada, I can't imagine ASUS, Acer or Lenovo move more desktop gaming PCs as Dell/Alienware, IBP, CyberPower, Origin and Maingear do. Along with this, the videos were already fairly long as-is and while I wouldn't have minded seeing even longer ones, there's only so much time (and money, since they paid for it out of pocket) you can devote to a single topic. In the conclusion, Linus also mentions that this is the "first season", potentially implying that they will be doing this with more brands.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

10 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

to be fair they weren't just doing secret shopper for computer brands. It was specifically System Integrators

well, asus, acer, msi, lenovo and many others are. but that would probebly be too expensive...

they mentioned they chose 2 out of each categories.

Massive SI

medium/Large SI

Boutique builders 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, asus, acer, msi, lenovo and many others are. but that would probebly be too expensive...

eh, they're the brands that make the parts. I tend to differentiate them as the manufacturers who also offer computers vs a SI who doesn't make anything except maybe the case, their job isn't manufacturing, they aren't offering the parts per say, their business is about the service. That's a semantical opinion though.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.