Bose or Sony for ANC?

StareX

I would love to get ANC headphones,

I do travel quite frequently and also I'm in an Air Force base, I always use the train after long work and I kinda hate noise and just wanna listen to music quietly.. I have two options:

- Bose Quietcomfort 35 II

or

- Sony WH-1000MX3

I use glasses too, so I'm wondering what should I go with? the Sony's got better ANC I've heard, while the Bose is extremely comfortable.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I have the 100mx2, and they were the first headphones for me that were comfortable to wear with glasses for long periods of time.

Also once i had the touch panel for controlling volume/skipping tracks and pausing i dont want to go back to buttons.

Noise cancelling is really good, so mx3 is probably even better, battery last a while etc.

But they are kinda heavy, so if you whip your head fast for example the headphones come off, so not suitable for workouts etc.

Also if you tap your nfc enabled phone against the headphones they turn on(even when headphones are turned off), and connect to the phone.

Most reviews say that mx3 has better noise canceling.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

I have the 100mx2, and they were the first headphones for me that were comfortable to wear with glasses for long periods of time.

Also once i had the touch panel for controlling volume/skipping tracks and pausing i dont want to go back to buttons.

Noise cancelling is really good, so mx3 is probably even better, battery last a while etc.

But they are kinda heavy, so if you whip your head fast for example the headphones come off, so not suitable for workouts etc.

I've heard the MX2 are 275grams while the MX3 are 250grams, so it's more comfortable.. Just one thing that worries me is the glasses

Ask me anything.

1 hour ago, StareX said:

I've heard the MX2 are 275grams while the MX3 are 250grams, so it's more comfortable.. Just one thing that worries me is the glasses

the mx2's are very comfortable with glasses,

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 hours ago, StareX said:

I would love to get ANC headphones,

I do travel quite frequently and also I'm in an Air Force base, I always use the train after long work and I kinda hate noise and just wanna listen to music quietly.. I have two options:

- Bose Quietcomfort 35 II

or

- Sony WH-1000MX3

I use glasses too, so I'm wondering what should I go with? the Sony's got better ANC I've heard, while the Bose is extremely comfortable.

I have both pairs, I would say if you're looking for something more better sound audio, more full sounding perhaps with clarity. Bose is very good. The Sony has more features than the bose, but tonality speaking it is a bit to harsh and fatiguing to listen to. 

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

5 hours ago, BLCT said:

I have both pairs, I would say if you're looking for something more better sound audio, more full sounding perhaps with clarity. Bose is very good. The Sony has more features than the bose, but tonality speaking it is a bit to harsh and fatiguing to listen to. 

Cheers! I usually go for the "higher quality" with "more features" cuz I dont want to be behind.. but I'll look into the Bose's.

Ask me anything.

4 hours ago, StareX said:

Cheers! I usually go for the "higher quality" with "more features" cuz I dont want to be behind.. but I'll look into the Bose's.

I would go for wired headphones, but if you really want ANC, Bose to it is. Also why don't you try them out? Go to a store and try them out, only you can figure out what YOU like better! :)

20 hours ago, BLCT said:

How do those behave in cold environments?

I'm currently living in Switzerland and it's a bit outside operating range from Sony since it usually goes down to -5°C (minimum -10°C). It's nowhere near freezing cold lie some parts of Canada, but still I don't want to break that expensive equipment  either :) how do yours handle that?

2 hours ago, laminutederire said:

How do those behave in cold environments?

I'm currently living in Switzerland and it's a bit outside operating range from Sony since it usually goes down to -5°C (minimum -10°C). It's nowhere near freezing cold lie some parts of Canada, but still I don't want to break that expensive equipment  either :) how do yours handle that?

If I can use them in Canada as a daily driver, you shou will d be fine ;) they quite nice actually they're like mini ear muffs if they fit you good and create a proper seal!

37 minutes ago, BLCT said:

If I can use them in Canada as a daily driver, you shou will d be fine ;) they quite nice actually they're like mini ear muffs if they fit you good and create a proper seal!

Haven't had a problem yet, maybe the thing I notice is that they disconnect more often? Idunno, to mee I dont realize anything wrong with it.

1 hour ago, BLCT said:

If that works in Canada or Siberia I guess I'll be fine in Zurich (yeah not even high in mountains ? )

I guess you'd have more issues with the snow than the cold?

my ears suffer the most when I'm biking but I won't use those headphones while biking, it'd be too dangerous (especially with the m3 even better noise cancellation), but I'll take that add.ed functionality anyway :)

thanks for the feedback!

8 hours ago, laminutederire said:

If that works in Canada or Siberia I guess I'll be fine in Zurich (yeah not even high in mountains ? )

I guess you'd have more issues with the snow than the cold?

my ears suffer the most when I'm biking but I won't use those headphones while biking, it'd be too dangerous (especially with the m3 even better noise cancellation), but I'll take that add.ed functionality anyway :)

thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, it's way to dangerous to use while outside. Not only that you cant hear your surroundings, I always have a fear that someone will swoop it off my head and steal em ahah. But honestly I only used these inside my house. I mostly used my ie 80 outside, as they solve both problems that I mentioned above :) But the bose are good! Cheers!

42 minutes ago, BLCT said:

Yeah, it's way to dangerous to use while outside. Not only that you cant hear your surroundings, I always have a fear that someone will swoop it off my head and steal em ahah. But honestly I only used these inside my house. I mostly used my ie 80 outside, as they solve both problems nvm I mentioned above :) But the bose are good! Cheers!

Walking is alright depending on where you live. I wouldn't use those in downtown Beijing ?

nice thing about the sonys is that they don't look too fancy and are therefore less likely to get stolen. Using them wired might be even better to seal off the illusion of them being not worth being stolen :)