Buying old second hand PSU for budget linux-build

JohnnyPWN

Well I think I found my PSU CX550M bought 1 year ago and price is half of vs450. Oh I it was just auction. Let's hope I win

I'm from FInland

Cheep and Used PSUs are bad i made that mistake years ago on a AMD Athlon Gaming rig Many years ago

RIP ASUS 87N8X-E deluxe. 

Yeah maybe some psus. LIke the 25€ chinese from Aliexpress :D.  I'm auctioning for something which has warranty still. IF price goes too high then it's vs450 for me

EDIT: And It is bordering to VS territory, but still under. I bet I'ts rising way above my max. So I know what psu I buy in january

I'm from FInland

1 hour ago, johnnyz said:

I'm auctioning for something which has warranty still. IF price goes too high then it's vs450 for me

No, you're auctioning for something you believe has Warranty. But they have not because you didn't buy that new, unused from an official dealer!

Because Corsair, like almost all other PSU Companys, don't give YOU Warranty if you buy it used.

1 hour ago, johnnyz said:

EDIT: And It is bordering to VS territory, but still under. I bet I'ts rising way above my max. So I know what psu I buy in january

Why not wait, save a bit and get a new one??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

11 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, you're auctioning for something you believe has Warranty. But they have not because you didn't buy that new, unused from an official dealer!

Because Corsair, like almost all other PSU Companys, don't give YOU Warranty if you buy it used.

bc some ppl are impatient

19 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

first It's Cx series and usa and europe have different rules. also I have home insurance :D.. Im buyng VS if I wont win CX550M how many times I have to tell

I'm from FInland

7 hours ago, johnnyz said:

What do you think going full scrayard wars and running temporary 2 psus at once.... What could happen?

Two pieces of shit smooshed together only makes a larger piece of shit. 

6 hours ago, johnnyz said:

first It's Cx series and usa and europe have different rules. also I have home insurance :D.. Im buyng VS if I wont win CX550M how many times I have to tell

Except where prohibited by applicable local law, this warranty is limited to the original purchaser and is non-transferable

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/warranty

Local laws are irrelevant when we're talking about manufacturer Warranty.

Because they are voluntary and the manufacturer decides the rules for that...

And th 

3 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

No, two pieces of shit smooshed together make a large piece of junk or garbage...

3 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/warranty

Local laws are irrelevant when we're talking about manufacturer Warranty.

Because they are voluntary and the manufacturer decides the rules for that...

I don't care about warranty. Ibought my AMD GPU from miner in 2015 and still works fine.

I have my faith in the God of the PC MASTER-RACE. Not in the words of a non-binary weeaboo

Most electronics propably either die very early or work for years. If this psu has worked for year, then it's fine for me.

I'm from FInland

7 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

But is it bad idea? It worked for them. Well I think it's a risky idea myself. Not worth trying, but what would happen if some use 300 + 350w psus one for cpu and others and one for gpu.

I'm from FInland

19 minutes ago, johnnyz said:

but what would happen if some use 300 + 350w psus one for cpu and others and one for gpu. 

They would both shit themselves because of all the load being on 12V and no load on 5V, which is incompatible with group regulated PSUs.

Look, it's clear to everyone that you don't care about the well-being of your "secondary" computer or whether it dies next year or in 6 months. So why keep asking? Just get the cheapest ATX piece of crap from a local store, call it a day, and let your thread end already. Get one from Ebay for €15, or from Aliexpress for €20, or one from a scrapyard for free. If it doesn't matter to you, it doesn't matter to us either.

Local law is not irrelevant on a manufacturers warranty. Only way for Corsair to sell power supplies in Sweden for example is to have a transferable warranty. It is not voluntary it is mandatory to even sell on certain markets. The way they solve this is that they transfer that to the agents selling them to the stores so you have a full warranty no matter what the agreement says.

5 hours ago, OrionFOTL said:

They would both shit themselves because of all the load being on 12V and no load on 5V, which is incompatible with group regulated PSUs.

Look, it's clear to everyone that you don't care about the well-being of your "secondary" computer or whether it dies next year or in 6 months. So why keep asking? Just get the cheapest ATX piece of crap from a local store, call it a day, and let your thread end already. Get one from Ebay for €15, or from Aliexpress for €20, or one from a scrapyard for free. If it doesn't matter to you, it doesn't matter to us either.

I care about the machine. I'm just trying to save money. Because I intent to sell it for a laptop in the future. E: Actually I'm thinking this machine will be the laptop

5 hours ago, LinusOnLine said:

Local law is not irrelevant on a manufacturers warranty. Only way for Corsair to sell power supplies in Sweden for example is to have a transferable warranty. It is not voluntary it is mandatory to even sell on certain markets. The way they solve this is that they transfer that to the agents selling them to the stores so you have a full warranty no matter what the agreement says.

That's what I tried to tell earlier. Thanks buddy

E: Quite sure that's also in finland. Max Payne's Non-Binary relative pwned :D

I'm from FInland

3 hours ago, LinusOnLine said:

Looks like Nordic countries are ahead of others for consumer protection ?

I'm from FInland

2 hours ago, johnnyz said:

I care about the machine. I'm just trying to save money.

Can't have both.

Either you care about the Machine and/or your life or you don't.

I've given you links to some better, newer units.

take it or leave it. You are looking for something that does NOT exist...

Because I intent to sell it for a laptop in the future.

So you're one of those nice guys that sells a computer that disintegrates itself after you're done with it?

Nice...

That's what I tried to tell earlier. Thanks buddy

You should realize that there are regional differences and that most countrys don't have such laws, don't you?

But every word here written seems fruitless ans you are not interested in any real advise and want some garbage that kills your shit and maybe even you. Well, go ahead and buy whatever, we won't endorse you and if you come back and tell that the PSU shocked you and you had to spend the night in a hospital and have to be implanted with a pacemaker, we will tell you that we told you so...

And if the old PSU causes a fire because of a rare failure because it was used in a damp enviroment or a bug was where it shouldn't be there...

We gave you all the information, now its up to you.

58 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Can't have both.

Either you care about the Machine and/or your life or you don't.

I've given you links to some better, newer units.

take it or leave it. You are looking for something that does NOT exist...

So you're one of those nice guys that sells a computer that disintegrates itself after you're done with it?

Nice...

You should realize that there are regional differences and that most countrys don't have such laws, don't you?

But every word here written seems fruitless ans you are not interested in any real advise and want some garbage that kills your shit and maybe even you. Well, go ahead and buy whatever, we won't endorse you and if you come back and tell that the PSU shocked you and you had to spend the night in a hospital and have to be implanted with a pacemaker, we will tell you that we told you so...

And if the old PSU causes a fire because of a rare failure because it was used in a damp enviroment or a bug was where it shouldn't be there...

We gave you all the information, now its up to you.

Blah, Blah, Blah... I'm actually keeping it now, because I found that I don't get the value of what I wanted from this machine. So this build Is going to be my laptop... In a IKEA bag.. :D. Also you need a pacemaker. I'm already winning on the CX550M, but couple days still going in that. I also get copy of receipt with it. So 2 year warranty, but if I don't win, I'm bying the VS450 40€ PSU. LIke I have said 3 times now.

"You should realize that there are regional differences and that most countrys don't have such laws, don't you?"

Atleast one reson for finland to be bettter than germany". Because germany wins on most other things.Well we get free health care It's sometimes bad, but it's free still. My sister works in germany she knows about your country. In south germany specifically

BTW. If I have written RM550 it's wrong it's CX550 Modular PSU..Let's stop this fight now I'm buying a psu either 1 year old with warranty or brand new PSU.

I'm from FInland

23 hours ago, JohnnyPWN said:

What do you think going full scrayard wars and running temporary 2 psus at once.... What could happen?

1867492212_giphy(2).gif.10adaec5cffdbd1f070551bef0bb0e96.gif

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

7 hours ago, aisle9 said:

1867492212_giphy(2).gif.10adaec5cffdbd1f070551bef0bb0e96.gif

Hell, Thats funny. Not your rig burning, not even your house, but entire forest, because 28$ Chinese power supply.

Btw. I lost he auction VS 450 in january in my pick now.

I'm from FInland