Boxing day / cyber monday build

attk11

Hey,

Budget: is $1700 (All in max price at my door)

Aim: Battlefield 5 max settings (Not DXR)

Monitors: I have a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW Looking at getting Dell S2419HGF 24 in. 144 Hz from Costco for $200 (easy returns no time limits)

Peripherals: I have Logitech: G930 headset, G700 mouse, dinovo edge keyboard

Why are you upgrading?: leaving console again going back to PC.

Wishes/Wants: intel, Bluetooth, wifi, game at 1080p, NO RGB lights or very few, 256 SSD min, 2-4 TB storage, Windows 10 (not sure what version), 1070 GPU, i7 8700?

I want to be able to upgrade GPU in 3-5 years to a NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 2080 or better. 

Would I be able/need to upgrade the CPU in 3-5 years?

I’d like to buy Boxing Day or Cyber Monday to take advantage of the best deals.  

Should I repost closer to Boxing Day?

Thanks

27 minutes ago, attk11 said:

Hey,

Budget: is $1700 (All in max price at my door)

Aim: Battlefield 5 max settings (Not DXR)

Monitors: I have a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW Looking at getting Dell S2419HGF 24 in. 144 Hz from Costco for $200 (easy returns no time limits)

Peripherals: I have Logitech: G930 headset, G700 mouse, dinovo edge keyboard

Why are you upgrading?: leaving console again going back to PC.

Wishes/Wants: intel, Bluetooth, wifi, game at 1080p, NO RGB lights or very few, 256 SSD min, 2-4 TB storage, Windows 10 (not sure what version), 1070 GPU, i7 8700?

I want to be able to upgrade GPU in 3-5 years to a NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 2080 or better. 

Would I be able/need to upgrade the CPU in 3-5 years?

I’d like to buy Boxing Day or Cyber Monday to take advantage of the best deals.  

Should I repost closer to Boxing Day?

Thanks

Hi,
I highly recomend you use http://pcpartpicker.com to plan your builds. 
you can use the tool to see what parts fit together & your budget. though I should warn you some sites have hidden fees behind it. the "final price" it gives you is often a bit less that what you might actually be going for.

I highly recomend you go with an AMD Ryzen cpu. they are much cheaper than the intel counterparts for the money.

For the gpu, tbh if you're not upgrading your monitor to a higher resolution (say 1440p or UHD) you should be fine for quite a while. and by the time you will have to upgrade, you will have better options than the 2080 :) 

here's a quick build for you.

And now here's the same build, with Intel.

Its a bit more expensive, slightly better yes. but to go down to your price you might want to switch SSD, HDD or downgrade to a 1070.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004