I need someones opinion on the new pc im trying to build

Topevent

Sooo... Thoughts? I want full RGB and a overclockable cpu/gpu even if its just a little. I have more storage but i wanted the m.2 for games.

also i wanted to just go straight to my local microcenter and buy the parts on the spot, is that a bad idea? i'm a little impatient to wait for deals,

2 minutes ago, Topevent said:

Sooo... Thoughts? I want full RGB and a overclockable cpu/gpu even if its just a little. I have more storage but i wanted the m.2 for games.

also i wanted to just go straight to my local microcenter and buy the parts on the spot, is that a bad idea? i'm a little impatient to wait for deals,

You have some parts I'd swap, like going 8700K vs 9700K, going 860 EVO vs 970 EVO.  Motherboard is too expensive IMO.

MC has some great bundles on the 8700K too, probably the 9700K as well.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

I would get 8700k because it has hyperthreading and it similar in performance.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

5 minutes ago, Topevent said:

Don't buy the g3. Get the g2, the g2 is better. Also Intel doesn't need fast ram so you can spend less on the RGB ram, or get some T-force Delta 2 rgb ram. Its compatible with aura sync from asus

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

M.2 pretty much does nothing for games, just get a bigger SATA SSD for the same money

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

M.2 pretty much does nothing for games, just get a bigger SATA SSD for the same money

If i were to record my gameplay would it be a good storage device for the raw footage? (until i render/compress it of course)

Just now, Topevent said:

If i were to record my gameplay would it be a good storage device for the raw footage? (until i render/compress it of course)

if you do video stuff at like 4K is where NVME really starts to show an advantage, unless you do that, more storage is just plain better

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

hmm what are you planning to use the 9700K for? That things a beast and will most likely be pretty unnecessary for most people out there. I'd try look for an 8700K max if it were me...

I don't see any specific issues with your build (Besides some things being overkill!), but you could certainly save some money without losing much (if any) performance. However, if cost isn't issue, you can get the faster RAM and the overpriced Motherboard and the 9700k, etc... Whether you go with your original list or change it based on the suggestions so far, you would have a solid build either way.

If you want to record a lot of gameplay then you might be better off just getting a larger HDD to store the footage on, then a decent-sized SATA SSD to store your games on, and a small NVMe SSD as a boot drive. I've had a great experience with my 1TB 860 Evos as game storage and my 250GB 970 Evo as a boot drive.

I agree with the others that the motherboard may be a bit much; I've been fine with my Asus Prime z370-A. I can't comment on G3 versus G2 since I've been fine with my G3, but 850 may be a bit more than you need; 650 has been fine for my build, which has a good bit of stuff in it.

I think the 2080 is a good choice; I've been fine with my EVGA XC Ultra at 1440p 144hz playing GTA at almost max, Witcher 3, and some other pretty demanding titles. I'm glad I saved myself a few hundred bucks by not going for the 2080ti. You should also be able to overclock a decent amount with that big triple-fan cooler on there.

Depending on how much RGB you want, I've personally had a great experience with a basically full-corsair build (check out my specs in my profile and build log), and even though I swapped out my 570x for the 500D SE, I still 10/10 recommend. If your budget is around $2k, you might save some money on some other parts and splurge a bit on some LLs. Apart from how great Corsair's iCUE has been for me, going with one brand for the majority of your RGB usually makes it pretty convenient to sync all the colors in your system.

If you want to overclock an 8700k, you might consider going with an AIO rather than air cooling; something like a H100i will give you pretty good performance and some more RGB, and I also like the cleaner look of an AIO better than an air cooler. I overpaid for my 9700k because I'm impatient, but you'll really get pretty similar performance from an 8700k. I also agree the motherboard may be a bit overkill compared to the rest of the systemI also personally prefer the look of Corsair's Vengeance RGB Pro over GSkill's Trident series, but that's just me.

i would suggest a 8700K as well, i would also switch the MOBO out for a ASRock Taichi Mobo, much better for overlocking, with a BIOS Code display on the MOBO in ase you have issues, id go the 860 instead of the 970 seeing as its just cheaper and switch the ram for slower ram but RBG like the previously mention Tforce, id also consider a AIO instead of the aircooler so you can take advantage of the OC capabilities of the MOBO