Safe temperatures for 1060?

jjimmy_q

So I've just built my gaming pc the gpu is a asus gtx 1060 3gb and im wondering what temperatures are safe? and what temps are dangerous?

Generally I like to keep my GPU below 75 C, but I'm a bit conservative. You'll probably hear 80 C from most people. 

In my current setup the GPU never even sees 70 due to good cooling in my case. (And it doesn't overclock well.) 

Well to my knowledge any pascal (GTX 10xx) will temp throttle. In other words back down on speed and voltage when the temp rises over a certain point. I have a 1050 Ti and it seems to throttle when it passes 55°C. I'm not 100% sure of that but Corrado nailed it very well, preferably to keep it below 75°. Remeber that the hotter it runs the shorter its lifespan will be, generally.

think 10 series NVIDIA stops boosting at about 70c but they will be fine much further than that but you loose performance

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, jjimmy_q said:

So I've just built my gaming pc the gpu is a asus gtx 1060 3gb and im wondering what temperatures are safe? and what temps are dangerous?

GPU Idle temps should be around 30-40 ( in winters ) and on full load it should be around ~80C.
Thought i don't think there will be any issue with your gtx 1060 3GB even if its in full load.
if you see any issues in temperature, install msi afterburner, and set a manual fan curve ( there are alots of youtube tutorials for that, so it will be very easy and fast to do that ).

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

I have GTX1080 and it still boosts by over 100Mhz at 83c(Default temp target)

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow