The Verge how to build a $2000 gaming pc

Primalchaos

[video removed]

Ok this video is getting destroyed by the internet right now and for good cause.  The Verge if you are not familiar is a tech website and they prize themselves on being very tech savvy. 

They took it upon themselves to release a video tutorial on how to build a pc and as a kicker capital one sponsored their video.

I would love to see Linus and the crew's  reaction video to this atrocity. 

Normally i would not take part in flaming a video.  but in this case i find it necessary. Not only did they literally steal capital ones money but the portrayed this as a tutorial to people on how to build a $2000 gaming pc. some poor kid out there probably just saved up all year to get the components for his first ever build and is going to destroy it by taking the advice from people like that.

There is harassment and there is criticism.

But.... if you are putting out a video like the one linked above you deserve the full wrath of the internet.  

end rant ...

sincerely,

The average person

Edited by leadeater

This has long since been played out in the tech community, it's far from news at this point.

They've been well mocked, if I remember rightly, even by LTT a few times.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

A. This is not tech news.

B. This is a pirated version of the video re-uploaded as its not from the official Verge account. 

C. This was beaten to death by the entire PCMR community when it first went live a few months back. 

TL;DR This is a dead horse.. no more blood can be spilled as a result. 

Here are some of the videos from that initial wave if you want to satiate your curiosity and missed it when it was relevant. There are many many many more up on YT should you want to do some research as well. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1. Its old news

2. I had a heart attack from it

/s

Edited by LukeSavenije

31 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Moved to General Discussion, news topic about this already exists.

Probably a bot/advertising spam... it's a pirated video and a new account?

1 minute ago, TechyBen said:

Probably a bot/advertising spam... it's a pirated video and a new account?

Thanks, you reminded me to remove the link to the video.

Just now, leadeater said:

Thanks, you reminded me to remove the link to the video.

Yeah I never clicked the link. You lot at LTT forums are nice in letting new accounts post links... but I never click em on unknowns. XD

1 minute ago, TechyBen said:

Yeah I never clicked the link. You lot at LTT forums are nice in letting new accounts post links... but I never click em on unknowns. XD

Spam filter is pretty good at catching the obvious stuff, then there is the less obvious but suspect stuff that has to be approved before it goes visible. Other than that we like to have all members have equal ability to post without restriction as long as it meets the CS, everyone is pretty good at reporting the stuff that needs to be ?.

On 12/15/2018 at 4:45 PM, Skiiwee29 said:

A. This is not tech news.

B. This is a pirated version of the video re-uploaded as its not from the official Verge account. 

C. This was beaten to death by the entire PCMR community when it first went live a few months back. 

TL;DR This is a dead horse.. no more blood can be spilled as a result. 

Here are some of the videos from that initial wave if you want to satiate your curiosity and missed it when it was relevant. There are many many many more up on YT should you want to do some research as well. 

LMAO! the verge video is funny, Lyle reactions makes it even more hilarious.. Made my day ?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

yeah and 2000 bucks to play fucking politicallycorrectfield 5.

what a joke

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

On 12/15/2018 at 2:38 AM, Semper said:

They've been well mocked, if I remember rightly, even by LTT a few times.

Can't take LTT seriously at all.