Linus may have been a factor leading to this...

LtWulf

https://www.slashgear.com/google-photos-ends-unlimited-free-storage-for-unsupported-videos-11557690/  "Google had announced the unlimited free Photos storage back around summer 2015, and though it still offers that same great perk, it has made an adjustment. " This adjustment may be fine for some, but may effect others. And definately Linus's free backup hack. "All videos uploaded to Google Photos after December 6, 2018, will take up storage space if they’re in an unsupported format. " "An unsupported video format would be, for example, a raw video that’s uncompressed for post-processing later on. "

-Moved to General Discussion-

Please update your post to conform to Tech News posting guidelines:

Once you have done so, notify me or another member of staff and your thread will be moved back to Tech News.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 hours ago, KuJoe said:

Google Photos != Google Drive

This is unrelated to the LTT video about Google Drive.

And it didn't work after a while either, they hit a limit.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

This has been a thing for a while. Unlimited photo storage came with a Pixel purchase, but only for photos snyced and taken from the phone.

I know I'll lose my unlimited storage when that promotion expires. It's not new and not the same thing.