LTX Loner Meetup!! (Traveling alone and looking for chill people to hang with at LTX)

DeBouncyBahl
1 hour ago, Ravendarat said:

I drive a 2017 Beetle, I bought saturday and Sunday tickets but still havent figured if I can definitely go

Haha ohhhh I was going to say if you wanted to make a few hundred dollars I have some stuff in a storage locker I wouldn't mind bringing back.
But it'd probably make more sense to ship it if you drive a Beetle ?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 1/2/2019 at 1:47 PM, Brink2Three said:

I'm hopefully traveling out of Riverside/Temecula area to go, I would most likely drive up thursday/friday and drive back monday/tuesday. I'm still waiting to hear back from work to hear if I can take those days off, but if you're looking for a carpool, I'd be down to drive up. Even if other people want to get in on this traveling along my route (through LA, through San Francisco, etc). 

Just waiting on work to give me the okay. :D

lol hi i go to school in riverside xD

--

15 hours ago, dizmo said:

You'd probably want to look into a work permit if you're going to apply to be a volunteer. Since they're compensating those who do it, the CBSA will consider it employment; if you don't have a work permit, they're likely to deny you entry.

Oh yeah, I'm working on that. I've also applied for the open positions at LMG so I already am getting on the trail of getting myself a work permit. As far as I've been able to determine, I need to at least have an offer from a potential employer first before I can apply so I have to wait to hear back about both the LMG position and the LTX volunteering. Either way, I have some legwork to get done to ensure I can go to LTX, on top of pulling some more money outta thin air by then

@chimon Here it is!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

A meetup would be fun! We have our tickets. Still trying to figure out where we are staying. I know everything is getting booked up fast.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

Yo! 35 year old dude from Chicago. I bought TWO 2-day tickets 'cause I'm hoping to convince a friend to travel with me, but the more people the better. Would love to meet up and hang. 

I'm gonna try to fly out a day early and stay for a couple days after. 

** I am still looking for a BYOC ticket!! I will pay more than face value if someone can find me one! I don't want to miss that.... I will pay a finders fee if it comes to that as well. 

*** I am everything friendly, so you do you and I won't judge. and might partake as well ?

10 hours ago, Dayglorange said:

Oh yeah, I'm working on that. I've also applied for the open positions at LMG so I already am getting on the trail of getting myself a work permit. As far as I've been able to determine, I need to at least have an offer from a potential employer first before I can apply so I have to wait to hear back about both the LMG position and the LTX volunteering. Either way, I have some legwork to get done to ensure I can go to LTX, on top of pulling some more money outta thin air by then

Ahhh good good, just making sure you weren't just going to try n come across the border only to be turned back ? That'd suck.

10 hours ago, PrincessHeinz57 said:

A meetup would be fun! We have our tickets. Still trying to figure out where we are staying. I know everything is getting booked up fast.

I suggest an AirBNB ? There are quite a few decently priced ones in Richmond and Burnaby.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 2/22/2019 at 11:16 PM, Alaradia said:

maybe try to refund i'm not sure what there policy is going to be for getting tickets some cons ive go to require id checks and that it matchs the tickets 

I checked it doesn't seem there is any way of a refund unfortunately

11 hours ago, dizmo said:

Ahhh good good, just making sure you weren't just going to try n come across the border only to be turned back ? That'd suck.

Idk, there's always the slight possibility that I do everything I need to and they still send me back, I mean I haven't been to Canada in over 10 years - back when you only needed a copy of your birth certificate to cross the border and back ?....or, even worse scenario, I get trapped in Canada cause the US won't let me back in ?

5 hours ago, Dayglorange said:

Idk, there's always the slight possibility that I do everything I need to and they still send me back, I mean I haven't been to Canada in over 10 years - back when you only needed a copy of your birth certificate to cross the border and back ?....or, even worse scenario better, I get trapped in Canada cause the US won't let me back in ?

ftfy, welcome to a decent healthcare system. As far as I know, if you're a citizen they can't really deny you entry to your own country ;)

As long as you have your passport and you're not a dick to the CBSA guard you'll be fine.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

On 1/27/2019 at 8:50 PM, dizmo said:

Damn that is a gorgeous campus.

Did he give an age breakdown? I'd bet 90% are under 21 ? At least if the forum's anything to go by.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:52 PM, katjaneway said:

Lol right I've been wanting to ask him about that statistic as well "how many are between the ages of 30-35? And how many of those are women?" I'm probably at 1% lol

Based on LTX last year I would say about 90% are under 15

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

ftfy, welcome to a decent healthcare system. As far as I know, if you're a citizen they can't really deny you entry to your own country ;)

As long as you have your passport and you're not a dick to the CBSA guard you'll be fine.

I mean, you're not wrong, I would not mind staying in Canada, just like...I'd want to be more prepared for it :P

On 2/24/2019 at 5:27 PM, dizmo said:

I suggest an AirBNB ? There are quite a few decently priced ones in Richmond and Burnaby.

Is that pretty close to the convention?

linktr.ee/Elektra57

10 hours ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

Based on LTX last year I would say about 90% are under 15

Truth. Which, frankly, is one of the reasons I have no intention of going.

3 hours ago, Dayglorange said:

I mean, you're not wrong, I would not mind staying in Canada, just like...I'd want to be more prepared for it :P

Don't worry, you'll live like a king with the $50 USD you have tucked in your wallet ;)

Would you like your tea in the morning before or after breakfast, sir?

1 hour ago, PrincessHeinz57 said:

Is that pretty close to the convention?

They're all relatively close to the convention center. Just get a place close to the skytrain line and train in. The center is maybe a 5 minute walk from Waterfront station.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

On 1/24/2019 at 11:58 AM, LeonPNK said:

Hey, DeBouncyBahl I'm also from the bay (East Bay) and going to DVC i'll get there on the 26th and leave the 30th. Staying at a hostel in Vancouver. I am also going alone so it would be great to meet up.

Hey I'm from the East Bay Area too! My boyfriend and I would be so stoked to hang out with more people from the bay! We'll be there from the 25th-28th

im heading up from the Everett Washington Area..  if you are headed up this was via bus or plane i can possibly pick up and we can ride up north.

i drive a 2015 WRX  so its a nice ride.. (no white van)   we can hang out early and head up that way..   possibly save some individuals money.

Flying in from Buffalo solo, my first LTX as well I'm coming in early the day before and leaving the day after to allow myself time to recoup from travel. Would love to meet up someplace before the convention and get drinks with some of the other convention goers, Colton mention some good bars near the convention center. in the  BYO...... Chair? thread.

On 2/28/2019 at 8:57 PM, sillydilly25 said:

Hey I'm from the East Bay Area too! My boyfriend and I would be so stoked to hang out with more people from the bay! We'll be there from the 25th-28th

Awesome. Yeah I'm going completely alone so I'm down for any sort of social link. 

Hi I'm flying in from Connecticut solo, going to be in Vancouver for around 10ish days,

I'm 28, finishing my last semester of undergrad now, 

I love travelling, eating good food and having a blast wherever I go.

So does anyone know how the beaches are? Thanks

I will be headed up from Idaho going through Seattle I believe. Although I wont be in Vancouver till early in the morning.

I am headed up 4pm mnt time Friday and leaving Monday morning. Hopefully I can swipe a byoc ticket

Guy 22, travelling solo from the UK, would totally be down for meeting some people at the convention. Perhaps a group of us solo travellers could just meet up outside the convention centre and chill together for the day/both days. Following the thread 

I'm coming from Michigan. Definitely flying out, but it might be cool to go in on an Air BnB for a night...

Not long ago, in a galaxy relatively nearby...