LTX Loner Meetup!! (Traveling alone and looking for chill people to hang with at LTX)

DeBouncyBahl

I'll be going to LTX for the first time this year and id love to meet / talk with some of you before I get there. I'd hate to get there and go from booth to booth alone with no one to enjoy it with like the sad loner I am back home :D. So hit me up you want to meet up at LTX. This community seems super cool and I'd love to meet some of you. I'm also open to carpooling or just traveling together since my best option right now is a 27 hour train/bus ride cause I'm broke. As far as general age/location, I'm a freshman at Foothill Community College, in California.

Also, I know this is super early, but it's my best bet at meeting people as hyped for LTX as I am.

Me and a few friends are probably going, we are driving from Wisconsin

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to come in from NYC so can't carpool, but I'd be happy to have a walk around buddy! I won't know for sure if I'm going until tickets go on sale.

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Is it plugged in and turned on?

On 12/8/2018 at 5:33 PM, DeBouncyBahl said:

I'll be going to LTX for the first time this year and id love to meet / talk with some of you before I get there. I'd hate to get there and go from booth to booth alone with no one to enjoy it with like the sad loner I am back home :D. So hit me up you want to meet up at LTX. This community seems super cool and I'd love to meet some of you. I'm also open to carpooling or just traveling together since my best option right now is a 27 hour train/bus ride cause I'm broke. As far as general age/location, I'm a freshman at Foothill Community College, in California.

Also, I know this is super early, but it's my best bet at meeting people as hyped for LTX as I am.

I'm hopefully traveling out of Riverside/Temecula area to go, I would most likely drive up thursday/friday and drive back monday/tuesday. I'm still waiting to hear back from work to hear if I can take those days off, but if you're looking for a carpool, I'd be down to drive up. Even if other people want to get in on this traveling along my route (through LA, through San Francisco, etc). 

Just waiting on work to give me the okay. :D

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

I'm a third year in university and will be flying in from work in SF for LTX this summer. It'll be my first time there but I've been meaning to hang out with some LMG people since floatplane stuff started, just never managed to get up to Vancouver cause school...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a 27-year old guy coming from Texas.  I'm down for the carpooling.  This will be my first LTX if I decide to go.

I plan on flying in from Philly. Shoot me a private message i would be more than happy to have a walk around buddy i am also going solo. Thanks ! 

you know I need to make vacation plans for the summer and haven't really thought bout it.

maybe an option. 38 year old loner (an happy bout it) here. From the Toronto area. if there are enough of us, I may just hop on  a flight and head over.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

System: R9-5950x, ASUS X570-Pro, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070s. 32GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz.

LTX first timer here as well, be driving up from the Seattle area. I'm planning on a day at LTX and then a day around Whistler as well. I'm one of the 3% (I think Linus said in this 10-year stream that only 3% women sub to the channel lol) I'll be recognizable because I'm considering making myself an "AMD Outside" t shirt lmao

Hey, DeBouncyBahl I'm also from the bay (East Bay) and going to DVC i'll get there on the 26th and leave the 30th. Staying at a hostel in Vancouver. I am also going alone so it would be great to meet up.

Hey guys! I really want to try to get to LTX this year and I have no one to go with! I would love to meet up, I am coming from the east coast

Edit: oops I forgot, I'm 19

Edited by TheSeventhLLama

Damn that is a gorgeous campus.

On 1/22/2019 at 6:32 PM, katjaneway said:

LTX first timer here as well, be driving up from the Seattle area. I'm planning on a day at LTX and then a day around Whistler as well. I'm one of the 3% (I think Linus said in this 10-year stream that only 3% women sub to the channel lol) I'll be recognizable because I'm considering making myself an "AMD Outside" t shirt lmao

Did he give an age breakdown? I'd bet 90% are under 21 ? At least if the forum's anything to go by.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 1/27/2019 at 8:50 PM, dizmo said:

Damn that is a gorgeous campus.

Did he give an age breakdown? I'd bet 90% are under 21 ? At least if the forum's anything to go by.

Lol right I've been wanting to ask him about that statistic as well "how many are between the ages of 30-35? And how many of those are women?" I'm probably at 1% lol

My impression from last year was that women were more than 1% but less than 20%. No idea how many were enthusiasts or plus one's. You can get a bit of an idea from looking at the galley. Also, I'm in my 60's and there were enough over 21 that I didn't feel out of place. For me the tough part was being solo, since there were a lot of lines which would have been easier to deal with if I had someone to chat with.

On 1/27/2019 at 11:53 PM, imreloadin said:

I totally read the title as "LTT Stoner Meetup!!"

I was all like hell yeah...waaaaiiiiiiittttt a damn minute...

Same, I clicked on it and then I read it correctly,...

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

28 minutes ago, katjaneway said:

Lol right I've been wanting to ask him about that statistic as well "how many are between the ages of 30-35? And how many of those are women?" I'm probably at 1% lol

Oh hell no. I'd say much lower than that! I'd be shocked if it were half a percent! Then again, I've been surprised before, so who knows.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 1/27/2019 at 11:53 PM, imreloadin said:

I totally read the title as "LTT Stoner Meetup!!"

I was all like hell yeah...waaaaiiiiiiittttt a damn minute...

Since this is in Vancouver Canada, and pot IS legal in Canada.

If I make it, i'm well up for a stoner meetup as well.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

On 1/31/2019 at 12:52 AM, katjaneway said:

I have a feeling if I do make it, i'll be the old gramps of the group at 38....

good thing I have the maturity of a 16 year old then.

51 minutes ago, Sprawlie said:

Since this is in Vancouver Canada, and pot IS legal in Canada.

If I make it, i'm well up for a stoner meetup as well.

If it's still illegal wherever you actually live then it's not really worth it.

30 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

If it's still illegal wherever you actually live then it's not really worth it.

As I said, sinc LTT 2019 is in Canada, while you are vacationing here, you would be legally allowed to consume.

now, if your home location has it's own laws that state "if you consume while abroad you still violate the law" thats one thing. And I can't speak for many states. But the legalization of Cannabis is Canada wide.

21 minutes ago, Sprawlie said:

As I said, sinc LTT 2019 is in Canada, while you are vacationing here, you would be legally allowed to consume.

now, if your home location has it's own laws that state "if you consume while abroad you still violate the law" thats one thing. And I can't speak for many states. But the legalization of Cannabis is Canada wide.

That's literally what I said..."where you actually live" meaning your local laws for everyone not from Canada.

Just now, imreloadin said:

That's literally what I said..."where you actually live" meaning your local laws for everyone not from Canada.

Right, but the way you stated it makes it sound like if you do something in Canada, that is illegal in Florida, that Florida will bust you for it.

That's typically not the case, and depending on scale of the crime involved.

For example, while it might be illegal in Florida to consume Cannabis in Florida, florida cannot criminally prosecute you for smoking Cannabis while in Canada, since you performed an act that was legal in the location.

obviously there are other factors, depending on extradition treaties and scale of the criminal act. But it's generally not a concern. 

Though, just want to caveat, the TSA/FEds can be dicks about it.

1 minute ago, Sprawlie said:

Right, but the way you stated it makes it sound like if you do something in Canada, that is illegal in Florida, that Florida will bust you for it.

Yeah, if you get high in Canada and then go back into the US and do something that makes you have to take a drug test you'll get busted for the consumption of the drug if it's still in your system. Same goes for getiing a new job that drug tests all new hires, they won't care that it was legal where you did it at the time.

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

Yeah, if you get high in Canada and then go back into the US and do something that makes you have to take a drug test you'll get busted for the consumption of the drug if it's still in your system. Same goes for getiing a new job that drug tests all new hires, they won't care that it was legal where you did it at the time.

Ah, I see what you're refering to now.

Yeah, Cannabis can stay in the blood system for up to 45 days (Depending on personal factors). if your employment can do random spot checks, that would be a concern.

I often forget how backwards some of those regulations are down south. Random drug tests just aren't a thing up here and can't be used as barrier fo employment.