Windows 10 - clean install error 0x8007025D

임윤아❤

Hello everyone!

For the last couple of days I get random pc crashes, BSOD and decided to do a clean windows 10 installation.

Side note regarding the random pc crashes - error code varies but must common error code is "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT"

During the installation at the "Getting files ready for installation (%x)", it usually gets stuck at 50 or 60% that results in an error code: 0x8007025D.

I have spent my free day with trying to solve the problem and no luck so far.

So I have been googling around and tried:

-format SSD by cmd (diskpart) 

-convert disk to gpt or mbr

-tried different usb ports (usb 2.0 and 3.0 ports) (front and back)

-created 4x new bootable usbs (by Microsoft Media Creation Tool)

-created 2x bootable DVDs (by Microsoft Media Creation Tool)

-unplugged other HDDs (1x SSD for OS and 2x HDD as storage)

-reset/cmos bios

At the moment, I am running memtest86 to check if ram is faulty.

Spoiler

pcspec.png.b08f8d39d2d6c4a23f4432269e4af3e2.png

Does anyone else have an idea how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Memtest86 results

Spoiler

IMG_0013.thumb.JPG.6d4d7934a7e164c692e2c29d15662324.JPG

33 minutes ago, 임윤아❤ said:

error code: 0x8007025D

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/error-code-0x8007025d-shown-while-trying-to-clean/897417a4-dcd7-4be4-92c6-25f35959c735

I assume you've tried the things contained within the link?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Is the ram overclocked? That's clear it's a RAM Issue, I would try to enable/disable XMP or any overlcock on that RAM, and update the bios, it could be not compatible or not supported yet
I'm more confident to say that it could be a bios issue, you should update it, you could that by using another usb drive

12 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yes, I have tried them!

12 hours ago, Lukyp said:

Is the ram overclocked? That's clear it's a RAM Issue, I would try to enable/disable XMP or any overlcock on that RAM, and update the bios, it could be not compatible or not supported yet
I'm more confident to say that it could be a bios issue, you should update it, you could that by using another usb drive

I could never reach the 3000mhz (which is suppose to get). Only managed to get 2667mhz. I have run this 1-2 years without a problem, however 6 months ago, after a bios update, I started to get a message to change the memory lanes (I think from 2-4 to 1-3 or vice versa) and booting up windows took like 5 minutes. The ram cards are compatible with the motherboard because I searched fitting ram cards by MSI PCMATE B350's ram compatibility list.

I woke up and found that my ram cards are faulty... right...

IMG_0013.thumb.JPG.9958b6f3b17a2ed6749dd8cd577b85c5.JPG

Never made clean install if your system is somehow unstable. This may be hardware problem and then you'll end without system or with more errors than before. First step should be always hardware test.

On 12/8/2018 at 1:54 PM, 임윤아❤ said:

I woke up and found that my ram cards are faulty... right...

It happens, yes.

You'll need to verify which one is faulty, as they usually don't all go at once. Memory usually has a lifetime warranty, so that's easy enough to resolve :) 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro