Interesting...........Macpro 2013 temp and sound test

kizoku_95

The Macpro despite the criticism that it will be loud and will run hot as f**% seems to be showing some interesting unexpected results.....

See for youtself!

@LinusTech you might be interested!

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

video/pic is broken for me :(

EDIT: still broken on page but i can veiw it by right-clicking and doing something

video/pic is broken for me :(

Works for me though!

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

might just be me :P

Link---http://youtu.be/tdFzmmrldoQ

wrong info is wrong.

a 6dbA increase means twice as loud. Not a 10 dbA increase.

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

thanks for the link. Interesting video, was expecting something much louder

Same here!...results were unexpected though !!

wrong info is wrong.

Is it so??...would never know if you didnot tell me .....would have gone by his info till someone else corrected me !!

Is it so??...would never know if you didnot tell me .....would have gone by his info till someone else corrected me !!

Thats atleast what I've learned in school and wikipedia tells me..

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Thats atleast what I've learned in school and wikipedia tells me..

i believe that is probalby correct. something about 20db being the lowest reading or something. anyway i still expected it to be louder

i believe that is probalby correct. something about 20db being the lowest reading or something. anyway i still expected it to be louder

20dbA you meant, hence you are refering to the noise or sound preasure

up to 30 dbA is in a more or less quiet room. Like an normal room with no pc etc running in it just ambient noise.

This is quite interesting but you have to consider this is the base model. I would like to see another video like this with the maxed out 12 core model

wrong info is wrong.

For perceived volume increases 10dB relates to a doubling of volume. <- this is the auditory systems response to SPL

as for the physical/electrical characteristics:

For a 3db change the input power needs to double and for a 6dB change the output power will double,

So to double the output power you need 4x the input power.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

This is quite interesting but you have to consider this is the base model. I would like to see another video like this with the maxed out 12 core model

That would be more interesting but still not as bad as I thought, for a system with only one fan it's pretty good.

i'm a potato

Im sure that they would have engineered it so that the hardware inside it runs within their given specifications at the average room temp.

They spend so much money on R&D, do people really think they would release something that wasnt near perfect?

Im sure that they would have engineered it so that the hardware inside it runs within their given specifications at the average room temp.

They spend so much money on R&D, do people really think they would release something that wasnt near perfect?

no, but perfect is subjective and end use is different for everyone. And it wouldn't be the first time a major company that prides itself on quality has released a dog of a product that can't compete.

It'll be interesting to see the average real world tests of this thing in terms of noise and temp after there are several more tests done. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Wow! Even if you aren't a fan of Apple, you have to admit that they sure know how to make a computer

Or it just downthrottles like crazy.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Or it just downthrottles like crazy.

Maybe.

i'm a potato

Is no one going to mention that he tested exhaust temperatures? A very meaningless exercise. We already know from Anandtech's fantastic review that the CPU and GPU both get to 95-97 Celsius while running full load. They also will NOT throttle under any real-world stress scenario. The only thing we didn't know for sure was noise volume, and we now know that it is very quiet. Not close to as quiet as Apple claimed, but still very quiet.

"it gets hotter near the top which means the unified temperature core is working"

No, that just means physics is working. To test whether the cooling was working, you'd need to look at CPU/GPU core temperatures.

how long did it take to export that 30 second 4K video? did he say the actually amount of time?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Is no one going to mention that he tested exhaust temperatures? A very meaningless exercise. We already know from Anandtech's fantastic review that the CPU and GPU both get to 95-97 Celsius while running full load. They also will NOT throttle under any real-world stress scenario. The only thing we didn't know for sure was noise volume, and we now know that it is very quiet. Not close to as quiet as Apple claimed, but still very quiet.

Did anandtech post up the GPU core clocks?  How do we know it wasn't throttling at that point or won't at some future point?

i think that in this video he should have loaded up both gpus im sure the temp would change then but still very quiet 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER