AMD need to be made aware of the magnitude of the issues around Ryzen Mobile.

Some of you at the LTT forums might know by now that the Ryzen Mobile laptops out there are quite a disappointment for most power-users because they're technically designed for gaming, but due to lack of optimization and poor stability, people don't really recommend these devices around which is really sad because AMD did quite a great job with the hardware and actually released something we want: slim, low energy profile devices that are capable of playing modern games at lower settings without requiring an arm and a limb to afford such a device.

Drivers play a big role in game performance these days and that's where Ryzen Mobile disappoints: the drivers are poorly optimized, outdated and unstable. All this wouldn't be an issue if AMD hadn't handed OEMs the key to the distribution path and that's what many of us over at /r/amd are trying to change by posting threads, tweeting and making videos on the topic. It would really help a lot if someone as influential as Linus took a look at these devices and highlighted their issues, because I'm sure he would enjoy seeing such a slim device playing GTA:V at decent settings.

As a person who enjoy technology and innovation, I don't think we should just give up on AMD and Ryzen Mobile, because it has potential and the best part is that that potential can be unleashed through software, the hardware's fine, now we just need some drivers. This post is all about urging everyone to make their own content, and hopefully ping Linus a bit so he can shed some light on the issues as he's done in the past and actually brought about change. It's great how people like him, who know what they're talking about, have so much influence, and this is definitely something he should take a look at.

Here are just some of the posts I myself and others have made to grab AMD's attention:

The only problems are driver and firmware. If these are solved, problems like worse battery life and inconsistent CPU performance (especially in 13 inch Ultrabooks) will be gone and those laptop will be as good as Intel counterparts

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128