lga 775

hi guys ,in have gigabyte  GA-945GCM-S2L motherboard which do not support core 2 quad but i brought the core 2 quad (q9650)for 4$ 300 rs i do not want to waste it is there any way to make it work like bios update and all pls help.

Yes, it certainly is possible. The only downside is that you have to modify BIOS yourself, which takes an incredible amount of skill with combination of time.

unfortunately youre current motherboard doesn't have the correct chipset to support the core 2 quads but your motherboard will support the Core 2 duo extremes

You'll need to buy a newer motherboard. Preferably something like a G31, G41/43, P35, P45 or X48. Even the 965 chipset, which does support quad cores, doesn't support the 9000 series.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

24 minutes ago, trufret said:

According to this https://www.gigabyte.com/Ajax/SupportFunction/GetCpuList/?Value=2669&Type=Product

That chip is not supported by any of the Bios versions that have been released for that board.

It is indeed not supported, what saitama meant was moding the BIOS file to work, which is pretty much impossible for most of us users to do by ourselfes.

Your best bet would be to either find a already modded BIOS on the web, or buy another MB from ebay or something.

If you use your local, second hand site or find a used pc parts store, you can probably find an MB for $7 or something.

BUT, I don't recommend LGA775, I used it, 4 years ago, and even back then it was slow.(Couldn't handle GTA V or my coding tools at all)

So maybe it's worth it to find a used I3/I5/Ryzen3 PC if you are looking for a decent PC for cheap?

-Threads merged-

-Moved to CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory-

Please use correct subforums and refrain from reposting content.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!