How to download data to pc, then upload directly to onedrive

radmanhs

I am trying to figure out if it's possible to download something into a onedrive folder and have it automatically upload to onedrive, then delete the local file.  I'm trying to download large amounts of data and only have a small amount of storage available on a Windows Server 2016 vm.  I thought if I just used the onedrive folder as the directory I could just pass the data through, but unfortunately it wasn't that easy.  Is there some way to just use the vm as a proxy and directly download/upload the data?

How much disk space do you need?

If you want I can set you up with a temporary FTP account on a dedicated server I rent, with let's say up to 50 GB of disk space, for maybe 2-3 days max.

( don't care about your data, wouldn't even look at it, but if you're paranoid you can password protect archives you upload or encrypt shit)

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

How much disk space do you need?

If you want I can set you up with a temporary FTP account on a dedicated server I rent, with let's say up to 50 GB of disk space, for maybe 2-3 days max.

( don't care about your data, wouldn't even look at it, but if you're paranoid you can password protect archives you upload or encrypt shit)

Unfortunately I need a lot more space than that.  I'm trying to move at least a terabyte or 2 of stuff a month, up to several terabytes.

Yeah, I feel you... the dedicated server has 3 TB of disk space (4 hard drives in raid5) but i can only spare 50 GB...

Well, you could try Google Drive : https://drive.google.com/settings/storage

You could pay 2-3 dollars a month for 100 GB or something like 10$ a month for 1 TB of storage ... but you may be capped at 100 GB of transfers per day (not sure, see terms and conditions), so have to be careful about that.

4 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Yeah, I feel you... the dedicated server has 3 TB of disk space (4 hard drives in raid5) but i can only spare 50 GB...

Well, you could try Google Drive : https://drive.google.com/settings/storage

You could pay 2-3 dollars a month for 100 GB or something like 10$ a month for 1 TB of storage ... but you may be capped at 100 GB of transfers per day (not sure, see terms and conditions), so have to be careful about that.

And I feel that.  The culprit of this issue is Concasts 1TB cap, unless you spend an extra $50 a month for unlimited.  I know Google Drive is popular for the transfer style I want, but I was hoping I could use my 1TB one drive folder that I got using an .edu email from my school. I tried  Google Drive with 3 different .edu's and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I just can't get the unlimited set up.  As far as I know non of the 3 schools use G Suite which is shocking.  I saw a few different numbers for the bandwidth caps, but one thing I noticed for Onedrive is the 10gb file cap.  That might be an issue, as I have only attempted to move smaller files so far. 

If I can't get Google Drive student unlimited I might have to just get the 1tb plan for a few months.

1 hour ago, radmanhs said:

I am trying to figure out if it's possible to download something into a onedrive folder and have it automatically upload to onedrive, then delete the local file.  I'm trying to download large amounts of data and only have a small amount of storage available on a Windows Server 2016 vm.  I thought if I just used the onedrive folder as the directory I could just pass the data through, but unfortunately it wasn't that easy.  Is there some way to just use the vm as a proxy and directly download/upload the data?

you may be able to use a Powershell script to automate that task. There's plenty on github you can download, modify and install