Two internet connections one for gaming and one for stream how to do it?

THE_Something

Hello 

I need help i have to difrent internet sources and i want to conncet them both to the same pc 

One will be for gaming and the other one to pass trow obs my stream to my secand pc that will upload the stream how do i do that useing lan cable (i have usb adapter for one more lan connection) 

so.. trying to understand your setup here...

- PC1 runs the game, is connected to WAN1 for the game's network access, and runs OBS

- PC1's OBS output gets pushed to PC2

- PC2 then does further processing to push that over WAN2 to the interwebz.

is that correct?

Alternative would be to install two network cards in your computer and if needed to use various tools to bind applications only to specific network cards.

10 hours ago, THE_Something said:

Hello 

I need help i have to difrent internet sources and i want to conncet them both to the same pc 

One will be for gaming and the other one to pass trow obs my stream to my secand pc that will upload the stream how do i do that useing lan cable (i have usb adapter for one more lan connection) 

@mariushm is correct on this. but its such a tedious task. 

to use that to the fullest you will need to build yourself a router for in between both connections and your machine.

on that router you have to configure static routes for your games and everything else... so that games go one connection, everything else the other.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

oh and i didn't notice in your original message ... you don't want to mess with usb network cards, the performance isn't that great. usb uses more cpu power to transmit data, and there can be higher latency compared to regular ethernet.

also ,there are plugins for obs which can transfer the raw captured data to a second pc .. check https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi/releases/tag/4.1.3

and  https://www.newtek.com/blog/tips/using-obs-ndi-plugin/

U kind of got it pc 1 have 2 network one for games and one for obs pc 2 have only for obs 

Just make is semple

2 hours ago, mariushm said:

oh and i didn't notice in your original message ... you don't want to mess with usb network cards, the performance isn't that great. usb uses more cpu power to transmit data, and there can be higher latency compared to regular ethernet.

also ,there are plugins for obs which can transfer the raw captured data to a second pc .. check https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi/releases/tag/4.1.3

and  https://www.newtek.com/blog/tips/using-obs-ndi-plugin/

that the plugins im using but let me explain i heve two surces of internet 

one that give me shit ping but 5 mega upload that great to upload stream

and one with great ping for game but less the 3 mega upload im trying to enjoy both world

Like someone said above, this would be far easier with a router dedicated to doing it as you could permanently configure the routing table, but should still be doable otherwise but is going to be complicated to setup, at least on single PC.

How are you currently receiving each Internet connection?

There are definitely ways this can be done with a dedicated streaming PC, by ensuring that PC doesn't have the main gateway set (or change its priority in the routing table) so that it chooses to use the alternative connection over the main one.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

As above you can do this with policy based routing on a router that supports that feature if you know the ports/protocols for each type of traffic which you can set to use a different gateway/connection.

On a single host it's really a PITA.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

9 hours ago, beersykins said:

As above you can do this with policy based routing on a router that supports that feature if you know the ports/protocols for each type of traffic which you can set to use a different gateway/connection.

On a single host it's really a PITA.

Well it wouldn't need to be policy, as long as you know the IP range you want to route out of the other connection.  But its still a PITA, especially as those IP ranges could change at any time.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

46 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

especially as those IP ranges could change at any time.

Yeah that's pretty much my angle for doing PBR, if you have a consistent destination port/proto to dump into you can just match against that piece instead without keeping track of destinations :P

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

8 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Well it wouldn't need to be policy, as long as you know the IP range you want to route out of the other connection.  But its still a PITA, especially as those IP ranges could change at any time.

7 hours ago, beersykins said:

Yeah that's pretty much my angle for doing PBR, if you have a consistent destination port/proto to dump into you can just match against that piece instead without keeping track of destinations :P

soo what u suggasting tobuy  router witch one u recomend to buy 

why you wanna do it?

Because you have 1 output in your home and it don't go faster with 2 cabels to 1 output cable to your provider 

6 hours ago, jjdrost said:

why you wanna do it?

Because you have 1 output in your home and it don't go faster with 2 cabels to 1 output cable to your provider 

They clearly have two.

Any reason you could not use a load balancing router and not deal with the mess? I guess latency might be an issue though.

• 4 weeks later...

install a router and do routing/packet marks, you can the route the traffic for certain applications via the desired connections.

Use something like pfSense or any load balancing router and route packets from the stream via the alternate connection.

I do something similar but more for having a dedicated gaming connection and a 'download all the things' connection.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply