"Best" soft tubing??

TahoeDust

I am collecting parts for my first custom loop.  I already ordered my fans and radiator...HWLabs 420GTX and 280GTX with 5 x Noctua NF-A14 PWM Chromax.  I decided I will be going with soft tubing for now.  I am looking for the very best soft tubing...also what size?  I am planning on clear liquid, if it maters.  I don't mind spending if the product is worth it.  I am also thinking EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM for pump, unless someone has a better suggestion.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

Black: EK ZMT

White: Mayhems UV White

Clear: Mayhems Ultra Clear

3/8 ID 5/8 OD or 1/2 ID 3/4 OD are the two best sizes.

Pick whichever you like best.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Black: EK ZMT

White: Mayhems UV White

Clear: Mayhems Ultra Clear

3/8 ID 5/8 OD or 1/2 ID 3/4 OD are the two best sizes.

Pick whichever you like best.

Awesome.  Thanks!

Any suggestion for fittings?  I was just going to go with EK.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

10 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

Awesome.  Thanks!

Bitspower is more expensive but better.

EK fittings have leaked for quite a few people.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i use Alphacool 3/8 fittings. imo these are the best quality wise. i know that EK can leak in some cases, tough that is very rare. bitspower is kinda expensive.

if you are feeling lucky, you can also go for barrows, tough i can't vow for their quality.

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

i use Alphacool 3/8 fittings. imo these are the best quality wise. i know that EK can leak in some cases, tough that is very rare. bitspower is kinda expensive.

if you are feeling lucky, you can also go for barrows, tough i can't vow for their quality.

I don't really mind spending the money.  If they were the same price, Bitspower or Alphacool? 

3 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

I don't really mind spending the money.  If they were the same price, Bitspower or Alphacool? 

Bitspower, tough imo they are not wirth their premium. quality is top-notch, tough so is alphacools for less money.

it's also a aesthetics thing. people tend to like Bitspower's looks more.

26 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

Awesome.  Thanks!

my EK ones are great but if you dont mind spending money then get something from bitspower as they are top notch quality. 

as mentioned Mayhems ultra clear is the best clear soft tube but it does have a very slight blue tone to it, but its not bad. easy to work with and looks great so far in Northern Bee :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

17 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

Bitspower, every high end PC builder uses them, and with so many sold there is a large sample size out there.

The last time there was an issue with their fittings was 2012 or 2015 or something like that.

Ever since then, pretty much nobody has had any leaks that didn't involve user error.

Spoiler

Some other people have recommended Primochill Primoflex as well as Mayhem.  Said both were great, Primochill may be a little better, bur a little pricey-er.  Kind of like Bitspower vs Alphacool...

Just now, Enderman said:

Bitspower, every high end PC builder uses them, and with so many sold there is a large sample size out there.

The last time there was an issue with their fittings was 2012 or 2015 or something like that.

Bitspower it is.  Can't have this leaking on the 9900k/2080ti...yes I know both are overpriced and bad values. 

8 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

yes I know both are overpriced and bad values. 

But it's the best that exists, so technically the best value if you're going for top performance ;)

Spoiler

But it's the best that exists, so technically the best value if you're going for top performance ;)

You are speaking my language.  I wish I could buy you a beer.  

Right now I am looking at this...

o0ohfle.png?1

to go with what I already bought....

mgKnOt9.png?1

ZUUD0dO.png?1

2 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

You are speaking my language.  I wish I could buy you a beer.  

Right now I am looking at this...

to go with what I already bought....

Cool, seems like you did your research, got some of the best radiators :)

Spoiler

Cool, seems like you did your research, got some of the best radiators :)

Do you think I will need any of the angled fittings?...or is there any advantages to using them instead of making bends with the tubing?

3 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

Do you think I will need any of the angled fittings?...or is there any advantages to using them instead of making bends with the tubing?

Just for looks or if you need to do a tight run, sometimes angles will make things easier.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Just for looks or if you need to do a tight run, sometimes angles will make things easier.

I'm honestly not sure if I am going to "need" them or not.  I can not get my hands on the case I want yet...Phanteks Evolv X.  I will be going z390 Maximus Code, 9900k, and EVGA 2080 ti FTW3 (pre-ordered).  I just thought since I was ordering, I may want to pick up some of the angled fittings so I don't pay shipping twice, or get to a point where I need them to finish the assembly, and don't have them.

Deep in my soul I feel like I really want to be doing a hard tube setup.  The just look so sick.  I have a heat gun, I don't mind putting in the time.  Which is more leak prone?  Which would you do?  If I was to go hard, what tubing would you look at.  Sorry for all the questions and indecisiveness. 

I'm sorry if I wasted any of your time @Enderman @Bananasplit_00 @RollinLower

I really thought I had talked myself into going soft, but I know the whole time know I will have wished I would have gone hard.  This is what I ended up ordering...

tl2tWlV.png

It is probably more fittings than I will need, but I don't like ordering twice...or a third, fourth, and fifth time.

Wish me luck.

When I was ordering fittings I didn't plan out my loop enough and had to order twice, so paid for shipping twice.

Over $500 in fittings for a simple loop... :P

Spoiler

31 minutes ago, Enderman said:

When I was ordering fittings I didn't plan out my loop enough and had to order twice, so paid for shipping twice.

Over $500 in fittings for a simple loop... :P

Is that on the "White Haven" loop?  That turned out great.  Makes me question my move.

1 minute ago, TahoeDust said:

Is that on the "White Haven" loop?  That turned out great.  Makes me question my move.

No, it's fittings that I ordered during the summer to do a full custom loop (which I haven't built yet)

Haven't upgraded my PC in a while.

Spoiler

Following this build because it's extremely similar to one I'd try to put together in my head for a while, but sadly wont get to any time soon.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25